subbies season 07/08 & 08/09

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: subbies season 07/08

Knobjockey (if that is your real name),

I hear a rumour that your club will be getting that zimbabwean bloke this friday..
any truth to the rumour? I was speaking to a bloke called Kelvin about it. Would be a huge boost ahead of a big game on the weekend for you guys..

C.Face out

C.Face;187946 said:
Knobjockey (if that is your real name),

I hear a rumour that your club will be getting that zimbabwean bloke this friday..
any truth to the rumour? I was speaking to a bloke called Kelvin about it. Would be a huge boost ahead of a big game on the weekend for you guys..

C.Face out
Yes C face that would be a big boost.I believe Kelvin and a chap called Heat are on to it.

The Watcher would like to extend his best to all parties taking place in this weeks big game at Melton.Even Weapons.Hope to catch some of it between punting tomorrow,should be a great game.
Has Blessing Mahwire arrived?

Thought I might have a look at Round 4 matches,
Croydon v Oakleigh-Croydon even at home no match for a strong Oakleigh side.
Melton v Willy-probably the match of the round,whoever gets the best of the conditions will get the points,couldn't see Drain in selected side so could go Melton's way.
Noble Park v Bayswater-another 50/50 game,maybe Noble at home to break the ice.
Sunshine v Box Hill-Box Hill would have had a win pencilled in against Werribee last week but were beaten by a much improved side,they won't lose this one though.
Werribee v Altona-another beauty,no love lost here either,maybe the A's to bounce back after their mauling by Mt.Waverley.
Mt.Waverley v Broady-disapointing effort by the Falcons last week against End.Hills where their batsmen faltered badly.Interesting to see if the mounties can reproduce the heroics with the bat again,Bartlett the key again,Mt.W to win.
Endeavour Hills v Yarra-The home side to get the points against a struggling Eagles side,haven't seen Radford's name this season,anyone know if he's playing?
Good luck to all.

From the North South Group

Preston vs Bundoora - Bundoora to bounce back with Ayres firing.
Ormond vs Elsternwick - Esternwick too strong
Brunswick vs Balwyn - Brunswick to continue good form
Caulfield vs Ivanhoe - Ivanhoe to get up in a thriller
Kingston Saints vs Brighton - Brighton will dominate
Kew vs Malvern - Malvern too strong, will easily get up
Coburg vs Moorabbin - Coburgs nightmare start to the year will continue, Moorabbin to grab the points.

Weapons you are very quiet, lets hope for your sake that you get up this week, otherwise I think a few blokes will be all over you. Are you quiet because you have a mouthfull of Sheedy?

Just wondering not only about Blessing but I believe Melton recruited a couple of American kids last year.Names were Korl and Stoo I think.Think Korl gave it away but I believe Stoo is showing promise as a bat and has recently reverted from spin to pace.Any News there?
Blessing may be here but may be in disguise.

Knobjockey;188170 said:
Just wondering not only about Blessing but I believe Melton recruited a couple of American kids last year.Names were Korl and Stoo I think.Think Korl gave it away but I believe Stoo is showing promise as a bat and has recently reverted from spin to pace.Any News there?
Blessing may be here but may be in disguise.

American kids, thats amazing. From Yankee stadium to Melton. would love to hear more about these two.. How do they go? Are they first XI players or in the lower grades?
Huge rumours that mahwire will definitely be arriving tonight.. any news on that front knob jockey?
Also a bloke called Kelvin from your club that i spoke to last week officially had the most disgraceful looking cardigan style windcheater that i have ever seen. So be sure to pass that on to him!!!

Piston Broke;188142 said:
Thought I might have a look at Round 4 matches,
Croydon v Oakleigh-Croydon even at home no match for a strong Oakleigh side.
Melton v Willy-probably the match of the round,whoever gets the best of the conditions will get the points,couldn't see Drain in selected side so could go Melton's way.
Noble Park v Bayswater-another 50/50 game,maybe Noble at home to break the ice.
Sunshine v Box Hill-Box Hill would have had a win pencilled in against Werribee last week but were beaten by a much improved side,they won't lose this one though.
Werribee v Altona-another beauty,no love lost here either,maybe the A's to bounce back after their mauling by Mt.Waverley.
Mt.Waverley v Broady-disapointing effort by the Falcons last week against End.Hills where their batsmen faltered badly.Interesting to see if the mounties can reproduce the heroics with the bat again,Bartlett the key again,Mt.W to win.
Endeavour Hills v Yarra-The home side to get the points against a struggling Eagles side,haven't seen Radford's name this season,anyone know if he's playing?
Good luck to all.

Tips for me

oakleigh the best team in the comp
melton the second best team during the home and away rounds.though for willy if the big guns fire they are too strong for the bogans.melton for mine
bayswater consistant performers
out on a limb sunshine have been close to winning this 1 to kick start their year plus i dont like pox hill
werribee very underated
mt.waverly proved last week what they can do with the willow
endeavour hills to get the chockies over a lack luster yarra.

have a good one.

Fair go Piston Broke,I thought it was pretty clever!
On those Americans C-Face,it's amazing you should say that as Stoo is a big Yankees fan,he is a gun baseballer too.He never stops with the "how bout dem yakees huh" Gives me the ********s.
He is currently in the twos and I think made a Golden duck last week so he is going well.Apparently cracked it too and took off straight after the game.
On Kelvin,that doesn't surprise me at all.He is known for wearing grosby slippers to a wedding is Kelvin...real character Kelvin.
You may not be aware but Kelvin is the brother of gun off spin bowler Rick O'shae.

Just on Blessing there C Face,there are unconfirmed reports of a man of African descent wandering around Tullamarine with a big tear rolling down his cheek crying.. Kelvin,Heat.Kelvin or Heat where are you?

Knobjockey;188211 said:
Fair go Piston Broke,I thought it was pretty clever!
On those Americans C-Face,it's amazing you should say that as Stoo is a big Yankees fan,he is a gun baseballer too.He never stops with the "how bout dem yakees huh" Gives me the ********s.
He is currently in the twos and I think made a Golden duck last week so he is going well.Apparently cracked it too and took off straight after the game.
On Kelvin,that doesn't surprise me at all.He is known for wearing grosby slippers to a wedding is Kelvin...real character Kelvin.
You may not be aware but Kelvin is the brother of gun off spin bowler Rick O'shae.
G'day Knobjockey, arn't you a classic! Been reading all your posts, and am very impressed with your comments about that American cricketer by the name of Stoo. Golden Duck eh! That's no good for a bloke that is in the Australian net eleven. Look forward to hearing if this bloke starts to cream them out in the middle pretty soon.

I'm a new man in here.

Knewy;188226 said:
G'day Knobjockey, arn't you a classic! Been reading all your posts, and am very impressed with your comments about that American cricketer by the name of Stoo. Golden Duck eh! That's no good for a bloke that is in the Australian net eleven. Look forward to hearing if this bloke starts to cream them out in the middle pretty soon.

I'm a new man in here.

That's correct Knewy.We have been waiting for stoo to take his net form to the middle for some time now.

How do u melton blokes get international players from america and new zealand 2 come and play for ya. U must make sure all there needs are met hey knob jockey.

The MONEY MAN;188245 said:
How do u melton blokes get international players from america and new zealand 2 come and play for ya. U must make sure all there needs are met hey knob jockey.

Who are the New Zealanders? Melton have a pretty extensive overseas recruiting program headed up by the bar staff,particularly Bort and Horpy.
I just think at the end of the day that it's Meltons vibe and energy right throughout the town,and it's freindly youth on the streets that attracts interest.

Friendly youths on the streets!!! hahaha yeh great place..
last time i was in melton i saw a man wearing a full matching tracksuit and had the zip completely undone on his top and just had guts hanging out everywhere. it really was quite scary for a young man like myself! sure as hell hope i dont end up like that. maybe he is involved in your cricket club.. hopefully not involved with the kids anyway!! disgrace he was..

Big games 2moro... word on the street is that last years 1st XI premiers willy will be unveiling another former AFL player in the 2's this week.. If he's from the doggies again at least we can be assured he'll be weak as piss..

C.Face out..

C.Face;188249 said:
Friendly youths on the streets!!! hahaha yeh great place..
last time i was in melton i saw a man wearing a full matching tracksuit and had the zip completely undone on his top and just had guts hanging out everywhere. it really was quite scary for a young man like myself! sure as hell hope i dont end up like that. maybe he is involved in your cricket club.. hopefully not involved with the kids anyway!! disgrace he was..

Big games 2moro... word on the street is that last years 1st XI premiers willy will be unveiling another former AFL player in the 2's this week.. If he's from the doggies again at least we can be assured he'll be weak as piss..

C.Face out..
I actually seen the same bloke tonight wandering the streets aimlessly with a table tennis bat in his hand? strange bloke.
Is the yank playing tomorrow?

Yeh i believe so...
Might be some fireworks, im guessing he'll be out for redemption..
Angry angry man the yank. very competitive the young fella from Manhattan.
Extraordinary that he has adapted his baseball style thuggery to the game of cricket..

Tell ya what, old cocko weapons and techno have been nice and quiet this week after talking it up for months.. might be something in that.. cant be scared at the final hurdle surely!!

C.Face out..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back