Subbies Thread

It is rushed for a good reason. PVCC had the feelers out mid last week, but unsure we're they're at with a replacement.

Also, echo the plaudits for Romain - a really good guy who plays terrific cricket (and footy!).

Interesting that Erasmus from Elsternwick made TOTY but not winning the u21 player of the year. Are we that backward that were not willing to acknowledge an individual's season because he's a fly in fly out Pom?

I believe this award should go to an 'amateur' player - preferably an Aussie in all honesty.
I don't think it was intended to be won by overseas professionals

Completely subjective of course, but Erasmus versus 2015/16 finalists:

Caulfield - 53
Oakleigh - 11 & 7*
Ormond - 41
Yarraville - 11
Hoppers Crossing - 51

Pretty good, and certainly worthy of consideration. Brambleby's argument included taking 3/11 and 3/17 in the T20 Semi and Grand Final, bowling at the death. He also took 4/22 in the Quarter Final, completely changing the flow of the match against Ormond, and followed up with 2/0 and 1/38 (Baldry) in the Grand Final. As an 18 year old bowling the final 5 overs against a rampant Thorne.

No awards of this type should be looked at with just pure numbers, not to say it's going to be unanimous, but I'm sure all of the many worthy (11 nominees) young players' achievements and influence were carefully considered before a decision was made.

Is Brambleby likely to head to Premier Cricket in the next few years? Looks a good prospect.

Grundman-Perera from Caulfield also looks a very good player. Very clean striker and his leggies could also be developed.

Is Brambleby likely to head to Premier Cricket in the next few years? Looks a good prospect.

Grundman-Perera from Caulfield also looks a very good player. Very clean striker and his leggies could also be developed.
Brambleby stated at hatch dinner that he'd go around again before hitting premier the following season.

Don't know much about either of the two but Perera's numbers aren't mediocre.

What has happened at RPB? An over-reliance on the PNG/Vanuatu boys?

Without wanting to speak on behalf of RPB, I think it was a combination of that and far too many 1's and 2's players either leaving or retiring over the last 2 seasons.

Interesting to see whether the likes of Yates and Streiff hang around or look for other opportunities at Subbies level.

Without wanting to speak on behalf of RPB, I think it was a combination of that and far too many 1's and 2's players either leaving or retiring over the last 2 seasons.

Interesting to see whether the likes of Yates and Streiff hang around or look for other opportunities at Subbies level.
Disappointing. It will be interesting to see how they go now. They can't hang onto those guys and it looks like committee will change completely. Got to fear the club Woody and committee have put so much work into will struggle.

Could get very interesting to see who replaces them. No shortage of clubs from the VTCA.

Very sad for RPB though. Always seemed such a strong off-field setup.

The VTCA chat site says the VTCA ''North Clubs'' are meeting this week with CV over dissatifaction with the VTCA's administration. If the outcome is a CV Northern Division, my guess that is where RPB will head for it is reasonable to assume they will be well aware of the above initiative. South Caulfied will then have no option but to join the CV Southern Division. If a CV Northern Division comes into being I see little reason for the VTCA remaining in existence. A CV Western Division may a bit light on for numbers initially, but I think one can predict CV would then chip away at persuading subbies clubs to move. Eg, I have been told by Sunshine members that whilst their president is committed to the the club remaining in the subbies, that opinion is not universally held within the club. Can't imagine Yarraville Club being pleased if left with nowhwere else to go but a CV Western League. If the subbies were to replace RPB with Yarraville Club, this would not sit well with the Yarraville C C to say the least!

The VTCA chat site says the VTCA ''North Clubs'' are meeting this week with CV over dissatifaction with the VTCA's administration. If the outcome is a CV Northern Division, my guess that is where RPB will head for it is reasonable to assume they will be well aware of the above initiative. South Caulfied will then have no option but to join the CV Southern Division. If a CV Northern Division comes into being I see little reason for the VTCA remaining in existence. A CV Western Division may a bit light on for numbers initially, but I think one can predict CV would then chip away at persuading subbies clubs to move. Eg, I have been told by Sunshine members that whilst their president is committed to the the club remaining in the subbies, that opinion is not universally held within the club. Can't imagine Yarraville Club being pleased if left with nowhwere else to go but a CV Western League. If the subbies were to replace RPB with Yarraville Club, this would not sit well with the Yarraville C C to say the least!

With RPB's exit creating a vacancy at subbies, South Caulfield could consider joining subbies in preference to the CV South (where they would probably go through undefeated). If they are worried about keeping their players under the new CV comp points structure, come to subbies, they can keep them all and probably add a few more!!!

How many overseas/paid can they have though?

Two paid players is the rule but, for example, Ormond have managed to convince four of Wild, Christie, Schlittler, Harrison, Bird, and Dervan to play for nothing so I'm sure South Caulfield could do the same with their players. The VTCA points system is way tougher to get around than the subbies two paid players rule.

The VTCA talk is worrying and may add fuel to the CV fire with the re-structure.

Feel for Woody and blokes like Mick & Mitch Streiff over the RPB situation, they have put a lot of work in, fingers crossed reports aren't as bad as the Leader Newspaper suggests.

With RPB's exit creating a vacancy at subbies, South Caulfield could consider joining subbies in preference to the CV South (where they would probably go through undefeated). If they are worried about keeping their players under the new CV comp points structure, come to subbies, they can keep them all and probably add a few more!!!

Please correct me if I am wrong, but it is my recollection CV consent was needed in respect the Hoppers move from the VTCA to the VSDCA. If that is so, not a hope in hell of it being agreed to by CV given its commitment to its Southern League. CV's Taskforce model clearly shows it does not favour across-town competition at our level which, of course, is a major reason the model does not appeal to the subbies clubs. I was surprised the VTCA's southern clubs in the VTCA's only across-town division (Senior Division) seemed to have so readily abandoned it, the only exception being South Caulfield.

Back