Super Eights - West Indies vs South Africa

Re: Super Eights - West Indies vs South Africa

Diamond Joe Quimby;152485 said:
Chanderpaul, Lara, and Bravo for a combined total of 31. No one would have believed it if you said that before today. And a heartfelt sorry to marlyminks for me and my jinxing mouth:rolleyes:

LOL

I can't believe South Africa reach a total of 356. You mean to tell me the West Indies allow them to score that high? Now I could see Bermuda being beaten like that but not Windies! :eek: That must have been humiliating for them especially in their backyard. mercy!

183/7 after 32 will they make it to 200?

I would like to see him reach his century

where's Sunstroke? I would like to get his feelings on this game

213-8
Sarwan out for 92, so the lone bright spot for the Windies today is gone

Any further resistance will surely crumble now, and this should be over in just 3 or 4 overs.

Marlyminks, it looks like its just me and you, and I gotta run some errands. Hope Sarwan gets his century but this has been a dismal day for the Windies. Let us know what the mood is like tomorrow and if the papers ask for Lara's head. I previously posted some links where they started to do that, tomorrow it may be worse.

cleazer;152512 said:
213-8
Sarwan out for 92, so the lone bright spot for the Windies today is gone

Any further resistance will surely crumble now, and this should be over in just 3 or 4 overs.

just two boundaries shy of his century a good batting performance from him indeed

257/9 after 46 the tail enders are putting up a good fight. I was thinking they would be all out before their 50 overs were finished

279-9 after 49

Powell is on 46

he need 4 runs for a half century!

Final score: 289-9

South Africa win by 67 runs

Powell finished on 48. His previous ODI high score was 6!
Now that's what I call an improvement.

By the way, Powell could have had more runs in that last over, but he didn't run on one hit that he thought was gone for 4. It was collected at the boundary, and by the time he ran, he only got one run, when he otherwise would have been able to come back for 2 to keep the strike.

Tough luck for him, but I guess it was his own fault on that one.

289/9 South Africa win by 67 runs. I must say this was an amazing come back from the Windies tailenders. Powell gave a last minute burst of 48 runs. At least the margin of victory for the South Africans were reduced considerably.

marlyminks,

There's a lack of unity in the team. Jerome Taylor is unfit, Samuels was dropped. Smith......Eventually we'll know the reasons. Lara will retire soon from ODIs (He should retire from tests too but for some reason, feels he still has something to prove) , Bennett King's contract is up after the world cup.

I have to say, yesterday was pretty awful. Just another chapter in the saga of Windies cricket.

Back