Swing.

postmanpav

Swing.

What are some good techniques/tips for facing swing bowling.

I usually bat down the order and ocassionally play opener but whenever I play at the top it's the swing bowlers that get me.

Re: Swing.

Playing swing is tough, especially decent swing.

Like facing all bowling it's a matter of judging what to play and what to leave. Play straight early on and wait for the bad ball. Swing bowlers especially will bowl too full sometimes.

If you do get out to a good ball remember that even the best in the world struggle.

I struggle against swing alot. I no longer open because I'm that bad against it, but I have found if I concentrate, watch the ball closely and, like Doosra said, play late I can handle it better.

Yes you need excellent focus and concentration. The more you do it the better you will get.

Try buying some cheap new balls and roughing up one side on purpose then get your seamer mates to use them in the nets when you bat.

Virendersingh.berthwal;319107 said:
David,

I will buy some cheap balls but how can we roughen up one side on purpose?

Please explain.

Virender

Use abrasive paper?? :)

Just watch the ball. Always check what type of ball his bowling out of the hand e.g inswing or out. Play as late as you can and leave the wide Balls go. Also try not to get to cocky and smash it. good luck

Sandpaper, a bottle top or even rub it in the dirt.

Obviously illegal in a real match but for practice... why not?

Back