Target Grid Game

mas cambios

Target Grid Game

Over the years I have used various forms of 'target' drills to help with line and length. Following on from Cricket Snooker I'd thought I'd share one which can be used almost anywhere, as long as you have a solid backdrop (such as a wall) to use.

This is best played with a Windball, Incrediball or tennis ball to avoid damage. You will also need a 'watcher' to keep the score.

The aim of the game is to take 10 wickets for the lowest score, much as in real cricket. This is a great game to play with mates!

Firstly, place (or mark on) the stumps in front of a sturdy wall. You will also need to make a grid as in the diagram at the end of this article. This can be done with chalk, or if it's something you feel you'l use again it may be worth making one out of matting or a board with tape.

Each number on the grid represents what a batsman might score if the ball were to pitch there, hence the wider the ball the higher the potential score. You only count where the ball first bounces (or hits in case of it being full and hitting the wall).

The bowler takes a wicket by hitting the stumps or by landing the ball in the centre box marked with 'out'.

If the game becomes too easy try changing the size of the boxes or even the shape. Remember the more often you can put the ball on the spot, the more wickets you're likely to take!

The basic game layout will be like so:

target_wall_game.gif

Back