Tasmanian Tigers announce new coach

Ljp86

Staff member
Ljp86 to take Tigers' reigns

By Peter English

The Tasmanian Tigers have announced the club's new coach for season 37 of CA with relative newcomer Ljp86 to take control of the club. Ljp86 is a newcomer to the coaching side of fantasy cricket but has forged an ominous playing career, leading the West Coast Warriors in the BigFooty Fantasy Cricket League (BFFCL) and also playing in the BigCricket Fantasy Cup (BCFC) as well as playing in BC's representative side.

Ljp's leadership has just netted the Warriors' first ever test premiership in the BFFCL and also the one-day flag which saw the Warriors win both competitions in the same season, a feat that had only been achieved once before. It was argubly the club's most successful season and Ljp hopes to bring that success and his leadership skills to Tigers HQ.

"I've come here to get the Tigers back into the Premier League." Ljp86 said at the press conference announcement, "It's fair to say that the perception is that the Tigers have underachieved somewhat over the past few seasons and it is my goal to forge an environment and atmosphere of success at this club and to eventually see the Tigers win promotion back to the Premier League."

However, Ljp stopped short of saying that the club would see instant success and added that building a formidable side will take time.

"Team success is going to take time, it won't happen overnight. Doing what I want to achieve will take a couple of seasons, perhaps more. I'd rather take it slowly rather than come out all guns blazing, win promotion and then find ourselves back in division one soon after. We need to careful here and take the right approach. The Tigers want to be in the Premier League for the long haul, not just one or two seasons and spend time going up and dropping down every year or two. A sense of stability can't be achieved if that happens. To be a Premier League club we need to work hard in division one and get things right here so that as a team we're a solid unit and can then go into the Premier League and look at asserting ourselves as a force to be reckoned with."

Ljp86 denied that his inexperience at coaching a club might be detrimental to his team,

"I don't think my experience is going to have much impact. My credentials speak for themselves. Three premierships in a playing capacity at West Coast Warriors plus one with the Carribean Crusaders at BCFC and also an Inter-Forum championship with BigCricket. That's a hell of a lot of experience right there and also plenty of leadership so I'd say my shortfalls in those departments aren't much at all. I'm actually looking forward to the first game. I was pretty skeptical about it all to start with but now I am genuinely looking forward to coaching the Tigers. I see it as a new path for myself but also as a challenge, one that I am looking to make a successful venture."

Tasmania's first game in division one is a home game against Geelong. In other division one action, East Fremantle play the Gold Coast and Adelaide City host Northern Territory.

Cricinfo ©

Back