Teesra

someblokecalleddave

Teesra

Teesra - "The Third one" - who knows anything about this spin variation? I know it's Saqlain Mushtaq but I need descriptions of what he does - can anyone help?

Re: Teesra

I've just found this - but this sounds too easy for anyone to get excited about?....

A Teesra is an off spinners equivilant of a leg spinners topspinner delivery it is similar to an off break googly(doosra) but the emphasis is on the extra bounce which is obtained by the the forward spin or top spin on the ball which causes it to travel faster and bounce higher so the suprise bounce is from the topspin not just bowling a long hop doosra like vish suggested because that isnt suprise bounce

On the same website there was also claim that an offspinner bowling a googly was rare - why?

If you're left handed and you bowle in the exact way that a R/H leg spinner does - that make you an offspinner? If so why would it then be difficult to bowl left handed googlies?

Surely an off-spinner bowling a googly would be pointless as the batsman would be expecting the ball to spin in anyway, so wouldn't be as surprised as when a Leg-Spinner bowling the delivery. Unless by googly you mean wrong-un ?

Yeah - wrong un, Googly, Bosie they're all the same thing but usually attributed to right arm wrist spin bowlers?

Are they called the same thing when they're bowled by a left armed wrist spin bowler?

left arm leg spin (cuming into the batsmen) is china man, left arm off spin( so goes away from RH batsmen) is just left arm othodox. Basically opposites of the RH bwlrs direction of spin.

My understanding of the Teesra is that it's a combination of the Doosra and a Topspinner, so not only does it spin the other way to that which the batsman would expect, it also kicks up at him, increasing the chances of an edge/mis-timed shot. I may well be wrong, but this is what I've always understood it to be.

Back