The Aggot

mas cambios

The Aggot

Was wondering if anyone had ever used the Aggot training ball?

Hard to explain what it is, except that it's a leather ball that has had it's curves flatten - check out this for an idea. It's meant to give you feedback on seam position and aid in swing and spin bowling.

There are a couple of videos on the site that seem quite interesting.

Re: The Aggot

I think it's a reasonable idea, but to be honest a red/white ball would work better and, I think, be easier to see its angle of seam etc in flight.

im all for this idea... i think it is a good way to get bowlers to hit the seam.... great for kids...

EVEN better for people learning swing... when pointing the seam towards 1st slip etc. it is sometimes hard to hit the seam.. this ball is a great way to see if you r doin it right.

I think the main benefit is that if you really balls it up and kiss the pitch with anything other than the seam, then it's really obvious as the ball will awkwardly deviate upon bouncing.

yeah A_A i have used one.... suprisingly fairly difficult to hit the seam perfectly.... i thought it was a good training aid... unfortunately i havent had the chance to use it again..

I have never heard of it or used something like it But this doesnt seem like a bad tool. It would help in landing the ball on the seam. But wouldnt its akward shape affect the flight?

I think the idea is that the shape helps the seam to stay upright, instead of allowing the full rotation like a conventional shaped ball would.

Back