The Best Combination Of Bowlers

CancelledUser2014

Account Cancelled by User
Which two types of bowlers, in your opinion, are the most effective when used in tandem? The best combination I can possibly think of is a right arm leg spinner and a left arm chinaman bowling together:D

They turn the ball in opposite directions, bowl from different angles, are both attacking and positive bowlers just by nature, the left-right arm combination, and they are both attacking and positive bowlers by nature.

Alternatively I would go for a right arm finger spinner and a right arm leg spinner, or left arm finger spinner and left arm chinaman. These aren't as effective in terms of taking lots of wickets, but finger spinners are renowned for their ability to keep one end tied up and give the wrist spinners a better chance. If there is a very strong wind, a right arm inswing bowler downwind, and a left arm chinaman upwind, or a left arm outswing bowler downwind, right arm leg spinner upwind.

Any other suggestions?:)

Oh and did I forget to mention that a left arm chinaman and right arm leg spinner are both attacking and positive bowlers?

Which two types of bowlers, in your opinion, are the most effective when used in tandem? The best combination I can possibly think of is a right arm leg spinner and a left arm chinaman bowling together:D

They turn the ball in opposite directions, bowl from different angles, are both attacking and positive bowlers just by nature, the left-right arm combination, and they are both attacking and positive bowlers by nature.

Alternatively I would go for a right arm finger spinner and a right arm leg spinner, or left arm finger spinner and left arm chinaman. These aren't as effective in terms of taking lots of wickets, but finger spinners are renowned for their ability to keep one end tied up and give the wrist spinners a better chance. If there is a very strong wind, a right arm inswing bowler downwind, and a left arm chinaman upwind, or a left arm outswing bowler downwind, right arm leg spinner upwind.

Any other suggestions?:)

Oh and did I forget to mention that a left arm chinaman and right arm leg spinner are both attacking and positive bowlers?
Well it really depends on the bowler if youve got a bad leggie a bad fast boLer would be beter

I agree with SLA, the most comfortable I've ever felt bowling (RLS) is when there was a genuine quick at the other end. You could see the batsman forced to 'feel' for the first few deliveries of every over no matter what we served as the change in pace, trajectory and target area was so great.

When I was younger I bowled in tandem with an aggressive offie who gave the ball a rip and had a decent arm-ball, it was fun but it needed a bouncy and/or spinning track to work.

I agree with SLA, the most comfortable I've ever felt bowling (RLS) is when there was a genuine quick at the other end. You could see the batsman forced to 'feel' for the first few deliveries of every over no matter what we served as the change in pace, trajectory and target area was so great.

When I was younger I bowled in tandem with an aggressive offie who gave the ball a rip and had a decent arm-ball, it was fun but it needed a bouncy and/or spinning track to work.

Yes a fast bowler-spinner combination is very effective and used quite well at the international level. Unfortunately at my level fast bowlers bowl at least 3 wides an over in their quest to the 100 m/h mark, and barely manage 50 m/h:rolleyes: So most of the time I have to try and keep the score down, AND get lots of wickets which is a brutal task for a leggy!

Back