The Bob Woolmer Way - batting

King Pietersen

sC Player of the Month June '08
The Bob Woolmer Way - batting

I just found these fantastic videos on Youtube from Bob Woolmers group of cricket coaching vids. They give all the best tips from arguably one of the greatest coaches of all time, and a fantastic player aswell. I've currently worked my way through to number 3 in the series, and will be watching the rest of the series as they're fantastic. It's already given me great tips on the leg glance and getting down the wicket. Also, the simple tips at the start of the video made me realise that i'm cack-handed :p. At the start of the video he is talking about grip, and hitting down the line with just 1 hand, something that i realised i cannot do. I can do it very well with my top hand (left), but i only lightly grip the bat with my right hand, so playing it with bottom hand alone is almost impossible. It's not a massive problem though, as i've been batting like it for a year, and it seems to work well enough, especially when driving.
Here's the video for ya;
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktyP9QwCgFw"]YouTube - Cricket: The Bob Woolmer Way - batting (1/8)[/ame]

Re: The Bob Woolmer Way - batting

Yeah, these are great vids. I actually got the DVD of them for christmas a couple of years ago and I'd recommend them. I found the tips on the leg glance were pretty good myself as well.

Ya KP, these videos were great. Bob Woolmer was one great coach. But the thing his the videos from 19.00 min to 29.00 min were missing when going from Part 2/7 to Part 3/7. Check that out.

love these videos. would be great to see the fielding and especially wicket keeping ones.

I found these videos quite helpful. However, I had the previlege of being taught by him personally when he came to Dubai back in 2004. And I got a huge compliment from him when he said I had a very good knowledge of the game

Don't forget that his posthumous book is being released very soon. Should be worth a read.

[ame="http://www.amazon.co.uk/Bob-Woolmers-Art-Science-Cricket/dp/184773314X"]Amazon.co.uk: Bob Woolmer's Art and Science of Cricket: Bob Woolmer, Tim Noakes, Helen Moffett: Books[/ame]

Back