The Karate Chop Slider

CancelledUser2014

Account Cancelled by User
Are any of you regularly using the karate chop slider and having some success with it? I abandoned it a while ago in favor of the 45 degree backspinning leg break. It still seems like a good delivery to have though. What are your thoughts on it?
A few photos of me bowling one. [left arm chinaman to right handed batsman]
vlcsnap-2013-12-09-20h23m24s132

vlcsnap-2013-12-09-20h23m51s146

vlcsnap-2013-12-09-20h24m16s139

Never heard of it, but looks interesting.:D
Can you get a video?

In a few days I'll post videos of all my variations, I'll include one of them:) It doesn't always come out right, sometimes it has a little bit of off spin on it. The interesting thing about this ball is that it swings away from the right hander even if it has that little bit of off spin. And usually it nips away slightly. The reason why I abandoned it is because it is way to obvious and a good batsman will pick it with ease. But it still has a good number of revs on it and skids on nicely. A good variation against tail enders that like to use their feet.

Terry Jenner's the only bloke I've ever seen in a video that bowls it perfectly, although there's a bloke at my club who bowls it, doesn't look anything near as graceful as Jenner, but interesting in that he uses it as his stock ball. I'll try and get some footage of him in the new year.

Terry Jenner's the only bloke I've ever seen in a video that bowls it perfectly, although there's a bloke at my club who bowls it, doesn't look anything near as graceful as Jenner, but interesting in that he uses it as his stock ball. I'll try and get some footage of him in the new year.

Last season I used it as a quicker ball, now I just use it as an occasional ball that might keep very low. Terry Jenner doesn't bowl it in the same way that I do, mine is literally a karate chop with the seam perfectly upright with no leg spin whatsoever. With a new ball it swings dramatically:D

Why would you want to use it as a stock ball???:confused: It's just a straight swinging nothing ball !

Back