The Neglected Googly

Shivam_ipl

Hey guys!As googly is neglected.Every one say,bowl 10 leg breaks and one googly in between can surprise the batsman.But if you can bowl 10 googlies then a leg break in between,It is the same matter.But why the first line is better,Because 75% bowlers cant bowl googly,No control and scared to bowl.Why wrist spinners stock ball is leg break.Please every one post replies for this thread.Give their opinions,Tips,Technique.And last, even I cant bowl the googly so well.But I can bowl the other variation very well,even I will help.The ones who can bowl good googlies please reply....:(

Well you could have a googly as a stock ball. Paul adams stock ball was a googly, although funny action. I think it's because of the way the leg break is released out of the hand it is the one that you can give the most revolutions on the ball, hence why Richie Benaud always says to develop a fiercely spun leg break.

Well you could have a googly as a stock ball. Paul adams stock ball was a googly, although funny action. I think it's because of the way the leg break is released out of the hand it is the one that you can give the most revolutions on the ball, hence why Richie Benaud always says to develop a fiercely spun leg break.

'Googly Bowlers' with a poor Leg Break are not that affective. You need a good solid Leg Break first and foremost. I can bowl a very good Googly as I had a base case of 'Googly Syndrome' and gave up on the Leg Break for a couple of years. I argued the case as you have earlier for the Googly to be a 'Stock delivery' and everyone basically said as I have...... Its in-effective unless of course you're used only against Left hand bats and that's not going to happen. The Googly is a variation its not a stock delivery.

'Googly Bowlers' with a poor Leg Break are not that affective. You need a good solid Leg Break first and foremost. I can bowl a very good Googly as I had a base case of 'Googly Syndrome' and gave up on the Leg Break for a couple of years. I argued the case as you have earlier for the Googly to be a 'Stock delivery' and everyone basically said as I have...... Its in-effective unless of course you're used only against Left hand bats and that's not going to happen. The Googly is a variation its not a stock delivery.

I agree with you, though I'm thinking what would the difference between a 'googly' bowler and a regular offie be then?

I agree with you, though I'm thinking what would the difference between a 'googly' bowler and a regular offie be then?
On the limited experience that I have I would much rather play the Googly bowler than the finger spinners Off-Break. They seem to be able to bowl so much faster and work with differences in line and length using the pace of the ball - I really Struggle against them.

Hey guys!As googly is neglected.Every one say,bowl 10 leg breaks and one googly in between can surprise the batsman.But if you can bowl 10 googlies then a leg break in between,It is the same matter.But why the first line is better,Because 75% bowlers cant bowl googly,No control and scared to bowl.Why wrist spinners stock ball is leg break.Please every one post replies for this thread.Give their opinions,Tips,Technique.And last, even I cant bowl the googly so well.But I can bowl the other variation very well,even I will help.The ones who can bowl good googlies please reply....:(

Shivam, when you play in a game how many overs do you generally get and what variations do you use in a game situation?

Back