The Stump Game

Timed Out

The Stump Game

Just a little game i created to use in my garden but ive found it quite good. You setup the stumps at the end your going to bowl at and the aim of the game is to knock each stump out of the group using either a tennis ball or a cricket ball.

At first you'll probably find hitting the first stump out the ground but this game also helps you think about you game more. Do you want to knock out the middle stump first and have a game down the middle? Or do you want off and middle or middle and leg? This game helps your accuracy and you'll find sometimes when you hit the stump it just falls back a bit. You have to keep bowling at this stump aswell until its out the ground, so yorkers are needed there.

You can use this drill for both fielding and bowling.

Post Your view please :D

Re: The Stump Game

Sounds like a decent back-yard game, i find the 4th stump game better for bowling :p I'll post up one of these later.

As far as this goes, well it builds a game plan, is your strength on the offstump, well, do you take it out first? Or leave it until times get hard and you need some confidence?

8/10 :p

Well my stumps are pretty old and so are really small and they don't really come out of the ground some reason, I will need to buy new stumps. This sounds like a great idea though, will try one day hopefully.

Jaz, if you want aiming practise, and haven't got stumps,

Bog roll!

Use it, and save the middle bit, once you've got three which are stump sizes, fill it with something, like tissue, or something harder, i myself used to use mini-egg containers as they fitted well inside and they were quite bullet proof :p

Its a decent way to practice, plus they're thicker than stumps, so you start off easy.

If you need to help get them out the ground dont hit them into the ground too hard. Just let them kind of sit ontopso if its hit hardenough then it should come out.

Back