The wierdest fielder

Jaztheman

The wierdest fielder

I cannot catch with two hands, I can only catch with one. I was playing cricket with my dad and brother the other week and my dad it a real powerful cover drive and i made a diving cath to my left with both hands and dropped it but i think if i went with one i would of caught it. And if it goes real high in the air i always go with one.

Any help?

Re: The wierdest fielder

Uhh, What the hell? Is it a physical problem? Or is it in your head.

Do you automatically go for the one handed screamers just to look good?

I think you have a bit of a mental block there, Jaz. You need to practice, get someone to hit some catches to you and try to use both hands.

Kinda like me. I don't mind diving to catch the ball but if the ball goes up ten metres in the air I want nothing to do with it at all

Seems strange, if you go with both your hands you have a better chance. If it comes fast to you that maybe your instinctive reaction but when it goes in the air you have plenty of time to think. Get someone to throw ball very high and try to catch it with both your hands.

Hooper said:
Uhh, What the hell? Is it a physical problem? Or is it in your head.

Do you automatically go for the one handed screamers just to look good?

Wow your post was very helpful...

I just probaly need to practice, as that is what most of you said so thanks for the help :)

Try practising just putting the other hand next to the catching hand at first, the more you get used to putting it near it the more likely it is that you will attempt it with both hands.

Jaz and Hooper, can i just remind the both of you that flaming, and having arguements is not tolerated, and i will spank you both if it continues.

Thank you. :)

Simbazz said:
Jaz and Hooper, can i just remind the both of you that flaming, and having arguements is not tolerated, and i will spank you both if it continues.

Thank you. :)

It was only a part of a heatd discussion ;D

@ Will - I don't entirely get what you mean?

Back