The Worlds Best.

postmanpav

The Worlds Best.

After all of these batsmen have retired what order would you rank them in?

R.Ponting
S.Tendulkar
B.Lara
Inazamam-ul-haq
S.Fleming
K.Pietersen
M.Jayawardene

Re: The Worlds Best.

Id rank them like this:
#1. Tendulkar, Lara
#3. Ponting
#4. Pieterson
#5. Jayawardene
#6. Fleming
#7. Inzamam

I am a huge fan of Lara and with a little bias I rank him number one.

At his height his team was terrible, he didn't have the privelage of having the 80s bowlers attack supporting him and often had to hold the entire batting line up together. His 400 I will forever remember (might not be his best innings) but never looked like getting out and made it look so easy.

so for me:

#1 Lara
#2 Ponting
#3 Tendulkar
#4 Inzi
#5 Pieterson
#6 Fleming
#7 Jayawardene

I've gone for one main change mate- Tendulkar has been doing it for years with so much pressure on him, I'd rank him ahead of Ponting! ;)

#1 Lara
#2 Tendulkar
#3 Ponting
#4 Pieterson
#5 Inzy
#6 Fleming
#7 Jayawardene

postmanpav;285698 said:
After all of these batsmen have retired what order would you rank them in?

R.Ponting
S.Tendulkar
B.Lara
Inazamam-ul-haq
S.Fleming
K.Pietersen
M.Jayawardene

Please don't ever mention S.Fleming in the company of Lara, Tendulkar and Ponting again.

Red Ink No.8;287044 said:
Please don't ever mention S.Fleming in the company of Lara, Tendulkar and Ponting again.
I think he was trying to get a current/recent batsman from each country though! ;)

I don't have anything to add, other than to say I rate Lara far higher than Tendulkar. Lara made his runs when it mattered and was a genuine match winner (see Australia tour of West Indies 1999). Tendulkar makes his runs predominantly when conditions are friendly and when his team is on top.

el-capitano;287378 said:
I think he was trying to get a current batsman from each country though! ;)

current? lara - retired. flemming - retired. ul-haq - retired

Tendulkar is my favorite batsman of all time but I don't rate either of fleming or inzamam as being anywhere near the rest of these players

Tendulkar
Lara
Ponting
Pietersen
Jayawardene (prefer Sangakarra though)
Fleming
Inzamam

#1 Tendulkar
#2 Lara
#3 Ponting
#4 Pieterson
#5 Inzy
#6 Jayawardene
#7 Fleming

Don't rate Jayawardene or Fleming too highly...
Jayawardene is only good when he is on his own turf

Lara
Ponting
Tendulkar
Pieterson
Jawawardene
Inzy
Fleming

Tenulkar might be magical, supremely talented, etc, but he just doesn't seem to me to be quite as complete as Lara or Ponting. Probably my favourite of them to watch (provided he's not playing against Australia!), but he just isn't quite as consistent as some other batsmen.

If Hussey bats well into his late 30s, and maintains his form, he'd be one of the very, very best as well. Definitely no guarantee he'll be able to do that though.

Back