Toe Or Flat Foot In Leg Spin Bowling Action

Shivam_ipl

My father says that you should land a flat foot but when i do that my weight stays back.And a less pivot.And is it important to pick your back foot late,i mean should we first bowl and then the back foot should lift.Please Help:(......

Hey dave an xspurt is just a drip under pressure.

I said before Shivam_ipl your father is a wise man.

You should end up your landing on a flat foot but only for a split second. I thought from memory of your vids (i'll check later) you did anyway. (also from memory i thought maybe you got too side on with back foot placement, so to speak. The opposite of front on on?) It might feel that you are on your toes and balls of your feet because you have to, so you can land and kick off.

I reckon in a good legspinners action the back foot should be coming up before you let go of the ball, for sure, but the ball will be half way down the wicket before the back foot has fully lifted to its max.

You need to land on your heel and instantly 'rock' onto your toes as your weight transfers forwards. If you cannot get onto your toes quick enough your weight is incorrectly distributed.

Hey dave an xspurt is just a drip under pressure.

I said before Shivam_ipl your father is a wise man.

You should end up your landing on a flat foot but only for a split second. I thought from memory of your vids (i'll check later) you did anyway. (also from memory i thought maybe you got too side on with back foot placement, so to speak. The opposite of front on on?) It might feel that you are on your toes and balls of your feet because you have to, so you can land and kick off.

I reckon in a good legspinners action the back foot should be coming up before you let go of the ball, for sure, but the ball will be half way down the wicket before the back foot has fully lifted to its max.

Going to have to look at my own vids and see how my action is with regards to this.

Back