Trading Thread

Re: Trading Thread

SouthSwans;229466 said:
I said it before and I'll say it again, this is just complete crap.

I said it before and i'll say it again, it may be crap but you didn't tell me this before the rule was decided.

It will be reviewed and will probably be changed for next season.

Eggman;229507 said:
Explain?

How does it work to make it crap.
Essentially with the system put in place by whichever narrow-minded fools that suggested it has no such thing as a trade week. Just a 'delist your players and hope for the best' week. The Wizards and the Nuggets were meant to make the trade of Wicket Patrol for Will_85, but because Will hasn't been around for a few weeks he was unable to confirm that he wants to move, therefore giving us a situation that non-posting players can not move clubs unless they are picked up after being delisted by their original club. Which in effect leaves clubs with a possible situation to have either a side comprised of non posting players or not enough players at all because all have been delisted in hope to pick up another poster.

In short, it's shit.

SouthSwans;229519 said:
Essentially with the system put in place by whichever narrow-minded fools that suggested it has no such thing as a trade week. Just a 'delist your players and hope for the best' week. The Wizards and the Nuggets were meant to make the trade of Wicket Patrol for Will_85, but because Will hasn't been around for a few weeks he was unable to confirm that he wants to move, therefore giving us a situation that non-posting players can not move clubs unless they are picked up after being delisted by their original club. Which in effect leaves clubs with a possible situation to have either a side comprised of non posting players or not enough players at all because all have been delisted in hope to pick up another poster.

In short, it's shit.

Agree. And I agreed with DK that the captain's should decide before. It was only Frodo and ScottyD who wanted everyone to have to confirm IIRC. Why wasn't there a poll?

loopy_cam;229536 said:
Agree. And I agreed with DK that the captain's should decide before. It was only Frodo and ScottyD who wanted everyone to have to confirm IIRC. Why wasn't there a poll?

No one suggested a poll nor did anyone create one.

I also was on the side for all parties agreeing to trades.

Jolldo87;229540 said:
No one suggested a poll nor did anyone create one.

I also was on the side for all parties agreeing to trades.

As admin shouldn't that be your responsibility.

There was a difference of opinion but it was shot down pretty quickly for some reason.

Doesn't really matter now but should have been handled better. A trade was agreed to but now we lose the player we should have. Not good.

loopy_cam;229536 said:
Well, you didn't remember correctly. Honestly, it does not matter. Trade period is basically finished anyway.

SouthSwans;229519 said:

In short, it's shit.

Your Right that is shit.

I see it this way. You should have a draft week where teams delist and pick up player delisted or any recent signees (i.e me as i justed signed up). Then you pick trade player where only captains should agree, because when a inactive player is being traded then everything is fair.

The rule should be worded this way.

x.y Trade Period(s) - A trade period of z days will occur before the commencement of the home and away season. This period will give clubs an opportunity to trade/pick-up players in order to strengthen their squads and to also give their clubs a more even balance for the upcoming season. In order for a trade to be completed, the captains of the participating clubs as well as the players in question must agree to the conditions of the trade (i.e Player A for Player B or Player A for Players B + C, etc.). Any trade that does not satisfy the requirements of this rule will be regarded as invalid and the transaction will not be completed. However, in the event that a trade involves a "non-posting" player (as determined by the BCFCL rules), the non-posting player will forfeit the right to agree to the trade and the captain in charge of the non-posting player will have sole discretion in the trade of said player.

That's a fair rule to all parties in my opinion. Players who don't post should forfeit their right to their say in any part of the trade. I don't think it's fair to be waiting on a player that hasn't logged in for over a month to say whether they want to move or not. Considering these players committed to the competition during the early stages but then not bother to post, I really don't think they deserve to have much say in where they go.

Ljp86;229577 said:
The rule should be worded this way.

x.y Trade Period(s) - A trade period of z days will occur before the commencement of the home and away season. This period will give clubs an opportunity to trade/pick-up players in order to strengthen their squads and to also give their clubs a more even balance for the upcoming season. In order for a trade to be completed, the captains of the participating clubs as well as the players in question must agree to the conditions of the trade (i.e Player A for Player B or Player A for Players B + C, etc.). Any trade that does not satisfy the requirements of this rule will be regarded as invalid and the transaction will not be completed. However, in the event that a trade involves a "non-posting" player (as determined by the BCFCL rules), the non-posting player will forfeit the right to agree to the trade and the captain in charge of the non-posting player will have sole discretion in the trade of said player.

That's a fair rule to all parties in my opinion. Players who don't post should forfeit their right to their say in any part of the trade. I don't think it's fair to be waiting on a player that hasn't logged in for over a month to say whether they want to move or not. Considering these players committed to the competition during the early stages but then not bother to post, I really don't think they deserve to have much say in where they go.

Very good clause. @|

loopy_cam;229565 said:
Do you agree that the system didn't work?

What's the point of just critising the system if you're not willing to throw up new ideas? I'm not going to allow the trade to go through no matter what, so either get on with the season or make some suggestions for improvements on the rule.

Good suggestion Ljp, will definitely be considered come next season @|

Jolldo87;229660 said:
What's the point of just critising the system if you're not willing to throw up new ideas? I'm not going to allow the trade to go through no matter what, so either get on with the season or make some suggestions for improvements on the rule.

Good suggestion Ljp, will definitely be considered come next season @|

Well I said the captain's should be the only ones to confirm the trade. Is that not a different idea? I don't care if the trade goes through to be honest and I will get on with the season. :)

Ljp's idea is the best way.

Back