Trials

Auzayr

Trials

Hi,
I was wondering have any of you had trials with a county age group and get selected? Also, what is the procedure of the trials and out of how many people do u get selected from and how good do you have to be?

Re: Trials

I Had trials for Hampshire academy last year, i was injured but thats no excuse really, the level is really high.
The trial i went to had some fairly decent cricketers but nothing special, i think they do it in groups as no one from my group got in sept for this one batter and i don't know where they selected the other 10 from.
what they did at my trial was just a game, 2 batters, everyone fields and gets a bowl, its a bad way to do it really as me being an opening bowler i bowled 2 overs and batted for 5, which is pointless cause i couldn't bat for **** lol and really didn't have time to show them my all out pace.
Oh and i didn't get in, my fitness was **** and my body is still weak but this year I'm taking it up a notch and hope to get into my 1st quickly and try get some wickets.

Generally they'll have a number of trial days, from different regions in the area (could be based on school location, club etc).

They may have some net sessions in the morning, followed by a 'staged' game (staged in the sense that everyone will get to bat/bowl etc).

From here you may get invited back to a second trial, made up from the best of the previous round. Same sort of format except it may last for 2 days. They'll normally pick their final intake from this final session. Once you're in, you'll generally get invited back to the second stage in future years although this is not a given.

As for standard, well, it does depend on the given year but it should always be good.

The selection process in Mumbai (Maybe to a larger extend in other part of India) is a big joke.
The boys are giving 3 balls to bowl and 3 balls to bat.
Judging from that fact u are selected for the U-17,19,21 etc.etc.
At times a player is told he will be short listed and when he checks the list later on his name is not even in the probables list.....that is where the actual joke happens.
A lot of players give up cricket after that........

Back