trouble batting

Re: trouble batting

Kind of in between shot. Mostly going forward and probably not to the pitch of the ball. Not really that worried but I have chopped on a bit this year

The Sweeper;299754 said:
Kind of in between shot. Mostly going forward and probably not to the pitch of the ball. Not really that worried but I have chopped on a bit this year

If you have a bowling machine available or Glenn McGrath try getting the ball pitched around the area and try playing forward or back to it. See what is most comfortable. They say it takes 1000 repetitions to perfect something so try to get it right by working out what the problem is. Maybe the best thing to do is just leave that type of ball.

Once you've worked it out, you will have fixed your problem and learnt some more about your own game to become a better player.

hey im still struggling with my batting after reading everything that you guys have said so is there anything that I should change?

What appears to be the biggest problem? Isolate one thing and we'll see if we can work on that first up.

Though advice is good, too much can be counterproductive, so lets work on one thing at a time.

my main problem at the moment is really moving my feet and playing the right shot to the right ball. I seem to be only looking for certain shots (cut and pull) and everything else isn't coming off the bat well.

I don't know how long it will take me to get a camera but I am trying to get a video up, hopefully it won't take too long to make.

Back