U-19 World Cup

pal

U-19 World Cup

[b:1obnasbn]Indian squad:[/b:1obnasbn]

Ravikant Shukla (capt), Piyush Chawla, Abu Nechim Ahmed, Saurabh Bandekar, Debabrata Das, Gaurav Dhiman, Ravindra Singh Jadeja, Shahbaz Nadeem, Mohnish Parmar, Cheteshwar Pujara, Pinal Shah, Rohit Sharma, Mayank Tehlan, Vijaykumar Yomahesh.

[b:1obnasbn]India's schedule:[/b:1obnasbn]

Feb. 6 - Group C: India v Namibia (C1 v C4)

Feb. 8 - Group C: India v Scotland (C1 v C3)

Feb. 10 - Group C: India v Sri Lanka (C1 v C2)

U-19 World Cup

[quote="indiancricketer ":e4qoot0p]
i m going to watch this series very closely because i want to see how the future of india is..
[/quote:e4qoot0p]

Last year, we got out in the semi-finals. It was going down to the wire, but our last few batsmen screwed up.

U-19 World Cup

[quote="sohum ":32jci408]
Prasad has been U19 coach for a while, hasn't he?
[/quote:32jci408]

I don't know, I thought it was Robin Singh last time.

U-19 World Cup

Well Prasad has been coaching something for a while now. Maybe he had a stint at one of our academies.

U-19 World Cup

The England U-19s beat India by 28 runs in their first warm-up match. This has been a bad week for Indian cricket.
icon_sad.gif

U-19 World Cup

[b:3j8w2hq9]India beat Australia by six wickets.[/b:3j8w2hq9]
azn.gif

Australia Under-19s - 174 all out (Jadeja 4-17)
India Under-19s - 176/4 (Pujara 60)

U-19 World Cup

we'll have to keep a close watch on these games.....these guys r literally on the doorsteps of the senior team.....Piyush Chawla is supposed to be a good spinner...lets see how he goes....all the best guys!!!!

U-19 World Cup

Namibia Under-19s 170 [48.5]
India Under-19s 173/1 [27.1]

Scotland Under-19s 112 [40.3]
India Under-19s 115/2 [19]

One more match left against Sri Lanka on Friday before the Super League phase starts.

U-19 World Cup

I have a feeling that we'll meet Bangladesh in the Finals. Bangladesh's future is looking ominous, and i have the feeling they may overtake many other countries like Sri Lanka and New Zealend in the Near future.

U-19 World Cup

Just went on Cricinfo. India advance into Semi Finals!!

This Dhiman guy looks promising. a 56 ball 74, and 3 wickets to go with that! I'll look up his stats and post 'em.

Here:

Gaurav Dhiman

India

Player profile

Full name Gaurav Dhiman
Born December 16, 1986, New Delhi
Current age 19 years 58 days
Major teams India Under-15s, India Under-19s, Karnataka Under-19s
Playing role All-rounder
Batting style Right-hand bat
Bowling style Right-arm fast-medium

Looks very promising. The indian version of Flintoff/Kallis?

U-19 World Cup

We're playing England in the semi-finals and I remember us thrashing them when they came to the subcontinent. But it is cricket, so anything can happen.

Back