van Jaarsveld released by angry Bears

van Jaarsveld released by angry Bears

Warwickshire have released Vaughan van Jaasveld, five months after he signed a two-year deal and pledged his allegiance to England.

The 22-year-old's relationship with Warwickshire became increasingly difficult when, earlier this month, it was reported that van Jaasveld decided to return to South Africa and his club, Gauteng. According to the county, not only did he breach his contract but he also failed to speak to his superiors directly and Warwickshire's directors were left to discuss the situation with their opposite numbers at Gauteng.

http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/england/content/current/story/322673.html

This makes me mad and why we need to stop kolpaks in the game. He was here taking the micheal and using Warwickshire for his own end.

What can we do about Kolpaks -any help on this?

Re: van Jaarsveld released by angry Bears

Serves him right.I'm actually glad one less kolpak out of the English game.

Dikon said:
Serves him right.I'm actually glad one less kolpak out of the English game.

Have to say that I echo your view on this one. The guy is a jerk - I'm glad that he's not going to be clogging up the English game.

Almost_Austwick said:
Have to say that I echo your view on this one. The guy is a jerk - I'm glad that he's not going to be clogging up the English game.

I wouldn't mind if he had the same commitment as Jaques Rudolph.Rudolph has shown all the Kolpaks how they should go about there business over here.Glad he's gone seems like he never had any intention of playing for England at all.At least Rudolph has shown a commitment to Yorkshire and the English game.

I guess at least showing a commitment is one thing but I still get the feeling that van Jaarsveld is typical of many in that he's here for the money and what the English game can offer him.

Maybe they should change the ruling slightly so that if a player is over here on a Kolpak for two years, he has to wait another 2 years before becoming re-eligible for his home country.

Almost_Austwick said:
I guess at least showing a commitment is one thing but I still get the feeling that van Jaarsveld is typical of many in that he's here for the money and what the English game can offer him.

Maybe they should change the ruling slightly so that if a player is over here on a Kolpak for two years, he has to wait another 2 years before becoming re-eligible for his home country.

That would certainly cut the numbers down i'm sure.Maybe you should propose the idea to the ECB?Not sure if they'd listen but certainly is worth a go.

The problem would be that it could be considered a restraint of trade or something similar.

Almost_Austwick said:
The problem would be that it could be considered a restraint of trade or something similar.

Hmm yeah.The EU would but in i suppose.Heard something similar about football quota systems and someone said the EU wouldn't allow it.Rugby league has a quota system been put in place maybe the ECB could do something similar.

I'm sure that there are ways around the EU, just needs the ECB to have the balls to look into it and implement something.

lol cant decide on one thing. didnt he say that he wanted to play for england? what made him change his mind? what a tosser he should have stayed with south africa in the first place or if he had good reasons to shift to england he should have honoured his contract.

maybe he made the u-turn because the quota system was recently abolished.

deer said:
maybe he made the u-turn because the quota system was recently abolished.

Or that he wanted a pay packet and some coaching to go back to SA with......

yeah i think money was what he was after. i hope he doesnt play for south africa because clearly he doesnt care about the country.

deer said:
yeah i think money was what he was after. i hope he doesnt play for south africa because clearly he doesnt care about the country.

Which country doesn't he care about?

Have to say that it's no loss to England as I feel he's vastly over rated.

As for this situation, well, he comes out of it looking bad and a blotted copy book. Most English counties will think twice about signing him as will some English clubs.

It'll take some consistence performances to even get him near to the SA team.

Just as this settles and it's announced that Lancashire have signed South African batsman Francois du Plessis on a six-month contract.

This should mean that he is in-eligible fro national selection for 6 months after the end of the contract. Lancashire are a big club, they must have talent in the ranks or at club level that would better fill this role.

Almost_Austwick said:
Just as this settles and it's announced that Lancashire have signed South African batsman Francois du Plessis on a six-month contract.

This should mean that he is in-eligible fro national selection for 6 months after the end of the contract. Lancashire are a big club, they must have talent in the ranks or at club level that would better fill this role.

Great another kolpak for the county scene.His record isn't even that good i'd rather see a young English batsman in there to be honest.They must have seen something in this guy though he played in the Lancs league last year.

StanTheMan said:
The problem is that they are cheaper I guess. The ECB need to do something and fast!

I doubt it.You can blood a young a player and play him rather than pay a kolpak.It will cost to blood young players but his wage won't be massive at first.Lancashire seem to have money aswell.

Back