Tue 31 South Africa v Sri Lanka W.A.C.A. Ground, Perth
Feb 2006
Fri 3 Australia v South Africa Telstra Dome, Melbourne
Sun 5 Australia v South Africa Sydney Cricket Ground
Tue 7 South Africa v Sri Lanka Bellerive Oval, Hobart
Fri 10 VB Series 1st final Adelaide Oval
Sun 12 VB Series 2nd final Sydney Cricket Ground
Tue 14 VB Series 3rd final (if req.) Brisbane Cricket Ground

Go sri lanka. post anything about the VB series in this thread.

VB Series 2006

Looking at SriLanka's current form i dont think they will be able to do something in this series too.
I think the favourites rite now would be Australia looking at their current form n pontings form too.

VB Series 2006

I hope South Africa challenge the Aussies. I think Sri Lanka will do moderately well--as in pull off a win or two. I don't see them having too much other effect on the VB Series, though.

VB Series 2006

I too dont think srilanka will be able to do anything great in this series but South Africa vs Australia will be interesting match to see as both the team are in some sort of form

VB Series 2006

yup...as it is South africa and aussies have faced each other...so they know what to except. But i think aussies have a good chance of winning this... but im still hoping south africa wins

VB Series 2006

Boucher seems to be in a good form lately, but South Africa has lost it after beating Australia. Losing to Sri Lanka that bad is unsightly.

VB Series 2006

South Africa was slaughtered by Australia, plain and simple. Smith has been horrible and when your captain can't lead from the front, you can't expect your team to follow. Jaques scored 94 on debut and has probably cemented his place as a long-term choice for the opener's position. Lee took 5-22, his best figure in ODIs.

VB Series 2006

The series going on pretty well.....but i still think that Australia will win the series.....and in the previous match Lee bowled awesome and i felt sorry for the debutant opener (missed out on this 100)

VB Series 2006

Sri Lanka is back in action after a long time, led by the forgotten Jayasuriya. Australia has lost twice in this series, they have never seemed this vulnerable before.

VB Series 2006

Excellent cricket played by Srilanka at Sydney.....Jayasuria played an excellent innings and all the bowlers did well to get Australia out for 258. But i am sure Australia will bounce back

VB Series 2006

Sri Lanka!!! Awesome! jaya tv back at his best!
grin.gif

VB Series 2006

[quote="Cricketman ":z7it7a15]
Sri Lanka!!! Awesome! jaya tv back at his best!
grin.gif

[/quote:z7it7a15]

Jaya TV? Thats a South Indian channel man!!! I think you meant Jayasuriya rite?

Sri Lanka have done well so far! Beating Australia is no mean feat!

Australia look really vulnerable these days! Its not going to be long until some team or the other removes them from the top of both ICC rankings!

VB Series 2006

[quote="sohum ":1vkrirqv]
The VB Series has looked far more contesting than it originally seemed.
[/quote:1vkrirqv]

definitely. and with australia not looking so invincible, it is even more exciting to follow!

VB Series 2006

[quote="andhramass ":3an57pxi]
the team who wons last oneday will play against aussie
[/quote:3an57pxi]

yup, so Sri Lanka gets to play Australia. I thought South Africa had a real chance of winning, but Bandara just ripped them apart. I hope Sri Lanka wins the final, but Australia is going to be tough with their batting lineup on fire right now.

Back