Victorian Premier Cricket 09/10

Status
Not open for further replies.

kevstervt

Victorian Premier Cricket 09/10

Whats the latest goss for all in the know?

At Dandenong, Darren Dempsey had been reinstated as 1s captain while the great Warren Ayresy will lead the 2nds. Good times ahead.

Re: Victorian Premier Cricket 09/10

Darren berry has been appointed coach of frankston peninsula, and picked up a former ryder medallist from a inner city club

kevstervt;348621 said:
Whats the latest goss for all in the know?

At Dandenong, Darren Dempsey had been reinstated as 1s captain while the great Warren Ayresy will lead the 2nds. Good times ahead.
Have heard Matthew Wade to Casey-SM, Graeme Rummans returning to Victoria(St.Kilda) and also Simon Dart back to Melbourne.

S.Dart to Melbourne?
Lloyd Mash will play with Northcote?
Matthew Wade to Casey?
Damiano playing subbies?
New captain and coach required at Melbourne Uni?
Peter Manser might be going to Northcote?

Any info on the above confirmed???

All confirmed apart from Mash. Dart's clearance is already on the CV website. Spoljaric and Sillence have left Hawthorn too.

Michael Sheedy has moved from Carlton to Richmond and has been appointed as 1st XI captain.

TheStraighter1;351404 said:
is crosthwaite leaving?

Just a couple of things How can North Melbourne survive with no Social Rooms, nets, and their 3rds & 4ths playing the other side of town. And losing the coach, and players.

kallis23;350573 said:
S.Dart to Melbourne?
Lloyd Mash will play with Northcote?
Matthew Wade to Casey?
Damiano playing subbies?
New captain and coach required at Melbourne Uni?
Peter Manser might be going to Northcote?

Any info on the above confirmed???

Can confirm this - will throw on the whites for Caulfield this season. You'd assume he was offered some serious $$$. He 'retired' from Dandy at our Pres. night saying he'd lost some of the passion and what not.

Rory Collins from Essendon comes into the side to take his spot.. big wraps on this kid.

10notout;351240 said:
Word is the Carlton Keeper has been offered a rookie contract with S.A.

Not to sure if he has been offered a contract as yet because the first round offers have been released but he is moving over there to hopefully become a understudy to manou.

Apparently joel davies from geelong will be playing at port adelaide and will be living with ludes.

Does this mean that the big pillow will take the gloves for carlton this season or will they get the two's keeper to have a crack...

Local paper in Frankston says that Harrop back to Melb Uni as playing coach. Not sure if that also means captain coach. Also, the Heat have now got 7 coaches - with Nick Jewell appointed as director of coaching. Other Heat coaches include Darren Berry as consultant, Neale Price as fielding coach and Funky Miller as fitness coach

dougie05;352833 said:
Not to sure if he has been offered a contract as yet because the first round offers have been released but he is moving over there to hopefully become a understudy to manou.

Apparently joel davies from geelong will be playing at port adelaide and will be living with ludes.

Does this mean that the big pillow will take the gloves for carlton this season or will they get the two's keeper to have a crack...

Not sure about Davies but reckon Ludes is stayin put

EXCITING Geelong all rounder Joel Davies will head to South Australia in a bid to achieve higher cricketing honours.

Davies will move interstate on July 1 to press for a first class cap with the Redbacks.

The 21-year-old has accepted an offer to play grade cricket with Port Adelaide and has set his sights on securing a place in South Australia's second XI.

Davies has spoken with South Australian coach Mark Sorrell about the coming season and hopes to train with the Redbacks in the lead up to and during 2009/2010.

He plans to live with good mate and Carlton wicketkeeper batsman Tim Ludeman, who has also chosen to pursue greater opportunities in South Australia.

Ludeman, regarded as one of Victoria's premier glovemen, will audition for the understudy's role to South Australian captain Graham Manou.

Davies, who has also just signed a bat deal with Slazenger, said the extra opportunity in South Australia for young cricketers to press for first class selection was too good to pass up.

"It's exciting. The New South Wales and Victorian squads are so strong and the guys play for so long, so not a lot of opportunities open up for the young guys coming through, but states like South Australia and Tasmania are really keen on promoting young talent," he said.

"I've got a three-year plan in place and as part of that I want to have a good grade year and play second XI or even a Twenty20 match this season. I've got to start from scratch over there but I definitely want to make some big scores, turn those fifties into big hundreds and double hundreds, and push for a full or a rookie contract."

After two years as a Victorian academy member, Davies said his main focus was to improve with the bat and convert starts into big scores.

Davies considers himself as a batting all rounder but he has also worked hard in the gym since the end of last season in a bid to improve his strength and gain extra pace with the ball.

However, it appears moving out of his parents' Highton home may present the biggest challenge.

"It will definitely be interesting. I'm not so nervous about the cricketing side as I am about looking after myself for the first time," Davies said.

"But the opportunity presented to me in the last few weeks is so good that I thought why not take it because I don't want to look back in a few years and say I wish I had have done that."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back