Victorian Premier Cricket 09/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Victorian Premier Cricket 09/10

I dont think I've ever seen this many runs scored in the opening day of a 2-day match before. An average of 360 runs across the games, two double hundreds and nine hundreds. Gotta feel for the bowlers.

Cant beleive how well Casey are doing, almost doing Ringwood outright, didnt go to well on saturday, hopefully this success will continue and the club continue to build in coming years

does anyone here play premier cricket at the moment or in the past?

Relying on their bowling - Herrick in particular. He'd be my favourite for leading wicket taker this season

5byes;379458 said:
Cant beleive how well Casey are doing, almost doing Ringwood outright, didnt go to well on saturday, hopefully this success will continue and the club continue to build in coming years

does anyone here play premier cricket at the moment or in the past?

CSM are doing quite well and won on first innings v Ringwood by 33 runs in rain affected going.

And they nearly did win outright (requiring 15 more runs) but they nearly lost outright also. Ringwood only needed to take 2 more wickets

jaydes quite a good sharp, but other than him and rosebowl, the rest just try to bowl tight. wright surely will walk back into the vic squad and take 1 of the pattison's spots. hussey isnt a bad gloveman either.
batting is a bit light on, got hansen whos got experience and the track record and that new bloke blandford just hits in the air and rides his luck but they're improving and got a good coach so things are on the up!

There only killing themselves with their recruitment.

I live bout 10 minutes away form Casey Fields, around this area we have 2 strong associations, DDCA and WGCA, with alot of very good young players amongst the top levels for these competitions, but Casey i believe like to sit back and wait for these guys to come to them, i and many others around this area think Casey need to get out and actively try to recruit good young cricketers.

I hope one day they are a extremly strong club, will be good for the area

Casey isn't a part of pathways program so Dandenong has first crack at DDCA players courtesy of that program. The best kids go into the under age team that are then encouraged/forced to go to Dandenong. Very hard to compete with that. They run their own junior program and most of the players at the club are from casey and surrounding areas

think they're aligned to Gippsland now.
they previously competed with Hawthorn-Monash with their Academy program and scholarships with the uni.
I've seen Wright at the pathway games doing a fair bit of mentoring so they are trying to recruit. Remember they had that falling out when Yallop left with a few blokes to Hawthorn too.

No one can be forced to join a club through the Pathway program. A player always has a right to choose any Premier Club. What is true however that often the two aligned Clubs (for instance Dandenong and Prahran with the Southern Rangers) get to know the players best and the players get to trial those Club's facilities.

I was training at Frankston 2 years ago before i broke down, went there through dowling sheild program, was first emergency which sucked but they treated me right and asked me down for a pre season

Helps the Dandenong is alligned with the DDCA, most of the better players go there instead of other clubs

Geelong 56
Melbourne 55
Ringwood 54
StKilda 53
Carlton 51
Fitzroy/Doncaster 50
Dandenong 47
Casey 45
_____
Richmond 39 (Ninth as usual)
Frankston Pen 38
Prahran 37

Centurian;363761 said:
Not going to happen! Guess we will see in 7 months time. You will be eating your own words five80.

With regards to barry dawsons post, if Melbourne dont have Dale and Halbish playing for them my prediction would change. They are very important players for them. Dart will help, but if they lost the two bowlers they may be towards the bottom of the top 8. Means one spot higher for the Hawks! :)

The batting will be the major problem with Hawthorn this season. Having only Karageorgiou and Tormey from last seasons "batting" line up is a bit of a worry. However, with the inclusion of a few other players scores in the region of 80-90 will be defendable with a solid bowling attack! ;)

Disregard that last line actually, get on Hawthorn to be a solid contender this season, both bat and ball. There is always bonuses going into a season with absolutely no expections or pressures on your head. Plus having unknown cricketers can be a bonus.

As i said, guess we will just have to have a review in 7 months time. I think i will be accepting appologies then. If im wrong i'll admit i was wrong, but dont think i will be.

Late Season charge.........

Apparently North Melbourne are heading out of the city next year. Anyone know where?

five80;388349 said:
Apparently North Melbourne are heading out of the city next year. Anyone know where?

other year they were keen on roxborough park, think the same will go! where their recruiting occurs so good choice. good write up on premier website on clubs in the outer subs!

whats everyone thoughts on Ringwood? Think that they can make it 3 from 3 or do you think their shakey form will get the better of them come finals?? Finals should be intersting this year with the teams so close

Can't see anyone beating Melbourne this year, the only thing they lack is a quality spinner.

five80;389658 said:
Can't see anyone beating Melbourne this year, the only thing they lack is a quality spinner.

Agreed, they would have hoped that Sturrock would have got to that level by now but still young and has plenty of time to improve.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back