Videos in Youtube

Videos in Youtube

Hi,

I have installed a new PC.
While playing a video in Youtube.The downloading takes a lot of time.
Is there any software required to support the vidoes played n "Youtube" or for that matter other videos as well.
For eg: the video posted by Scott about "Left arm spin from Monty" also takes a lot of time to download.
Whereas the same video was downloading very fast(within few seconds) in my Office PC.
Please advise.

Re: Videos in Youtube

You just need the flash player to play YouTube videos. If the videos are loading(even if slowly) then the player must be present.
Maybe the net connection at your office is much faster. Try testing your connection speed here and report the result.

Abhinav,

Thanks for the link.I have checked it and the results are;
Download: 46Kb/s.
Upload: 115Kb/s.
Ping: 26ms.
Service Provider: www.Hathyway.net
However when i took the service;the sales guy told that the speed is 128Kb/s and download is "unlimited".

Please advice.
Even any other video(other than from Youtube)takes time to open.
Tomorrow I have called the PC guy and Broadband service provider as well.

The speed is very poor, thats why videos take a lot of time to load. Its as slow as a dialup connection. I suggest you call Hathway and tell them to provide the advertised speed. How much are they charging you currently?

The speed is too slow for what they are charging you. If they provide you with the promised 128kbps then I'd say its a fair deal. If they don't, you should consider changing your ISP.

I would recommend you to go for MTNL, if possible. Their customer service is not the best but the broadband connection is very good and mostly uninterrupted. They provide good speeds for resonable rates. For Rs. 199/month you can get a 2 Mbps connection. The download limit is just 400MB though. I'd suggest to go for the Rs 399/month plan which offers the same speed but a 700 MB download limit. Be aware that their customer service is very poor, but once the connection is up and running you should have very few problems. Also, 2 Mbps is the advertised speed and your actual speed depends on your distance from the exchange. You should still get over 1 Mbps though.

I have been using their service for 3 years now and have had very little problems when it comes to the quality of the service. There were some problems in the last month but they were limited to my locality.

Thanks Abhinav,

I was suggested by my colleague about MTNL but he also warned that the Customer service is very poor and the connection takes place after 3 months of applying.
Since i have taken hathway for 3 months;I can apply for MTNL so when the 3month term for hathway ends i will get the connection from MTNL.What do u think?
I will apply for the Rs.399/month.
Thanks for the info.

Masterblaster;Thanks for your inputs as well :)

Virender, I wouldn't say it takes as long as 3 months to get the connection. It took me 1 and a half month, but it generally depends on your exchange. If you know people in your area who use MTNL, try to get feedback from them about how long it took them to get the connection and what speed they get.

Well, I've been using MTNL from the past 2-3 years, and its pretty good. (heard Airtel's much better though)

Last 1-2 months my home net connection has become crap. download speed - 250 kbps, upload 90 kbps. - its supposed to be 256 kbps each way.

Regarding the connection, mine took only 3-4 days (including a Sunday in between)

Even I would recommend that you consult people in your locality for some reviews.

Virendersingh.berthwal;262210 said:
Hi,

I have installed a new PC.
While playing a video in Youtube.The downloading takes a lot of time.
Is there any software required to support the vidoes played n "Youtube" or for that matter other videos as well.
For eg: the video posted by Scott about "Left arm spin from Monty" also takes a lot of time to download.
Whereas the same video was downloading very fast(within few seconds) in my Office PC.
Please advise.
Also each month it will ask you to update the flash player. Keep on doing it because otherwise your videos that you want to watch on youtube won't work.

abhas;262380 said:
Well, I've been using MTNL from the past 2-3 years, and its pretty good. (heard Airtel's much better though)

Last 1-2 months my home net connection has become crap. download speed - 250 kbps, upload 90 kbps. - its supposed to be 256 kbps each way.

Regarding the connection, mine took only 3-4 days (including a Sunday in between)

Even I would recommend that you consult people in your locality for some reviews.
Are you broadband or dial-up?
If you are broadband, you might have to look at your plan as it could have slowed.
If you are dial-up, please upgrade to broadband.

Back