VTCA Cricket - General Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: VTCA Cricket - General Chat

Hi all. I think it's a great idea the Pink Round and it's for a great cause but what I want to know is where the VTCA get off in charging Clubs $80 for the pink balls? Surely there is enough in the VTCA coffers to cover this or even Platypus could pull out their moth ridden wallets and sponsor the rd. As I said, I think that Clubs will get right behind it for such a great cause, but it's a bit rich of the VTCA to ask you to buy special balls for the round.

lifemember;383236 said:
Hi all. I think it's a great idea the Pink Round and it's for a great cause but what I want to know is where the VTCA get off in charging Clubs $80 for the pink balls? Surely there is enough in the VTCA coffers to cover this or even Platypus could pull out their moth ridden wallets and sponsor the rd. As I said, I think that Clubs will get right behind it for such a great cause, but it's a bit rich of the VTCA to ask you to buy special balls for the round.

Im sure the VTCA are supporting the cause in other ways, and considering clubs have to purchase balls anyway, it shouldnt be too much of an inconvenience.

This is a great charity, and as such should be supported by all, whether it be through just playing with pink balls, or organising a great fundraising function as it appears many clubs have done!

Congratulations to those clubs and individuals who are wholeheartedly supporting the initiative, and I hope that those who are not, but are playing at clubs that are on that day, that you make sure you support theirs!

lifemember;383236 said:

Life Member of what exactly ?? All you ever do is complain, doesnt matter the topic you will always put a negative spin on it.

Get behind the cause and concentrate on the positives in life.

To set the matter straight, the balls are being charged out to clubs at $40 per ball. The usual cost of the Match balls is anywhere from $44 to $54 per ball depending where you buy them. Platypus have kindly produced and provided the balls to the VTCA at cost, so therefore making a massive contribution. The clubs would ordinarily be buying balls anyway, so will in fact make a slight saving on the ball cost whilst helping support the McGrath Foundation.

It seems as though most clubs are getting behind this very worthy cause, lets hope yours is to LifeMember. Feel free to advertise the details, I for one would be more than happy to personally attend your club function...

The glass is half full LifeMember...lets not forget that !!

Not Just Empty Words;383331 said:
Life Member of what exactly ?? All you ever do is complain, doesnt matter the topic you will always put a negative spin on it.

Get behind the cause and concentrate on the positives in life.

To set the matter straight, the balls are being charged out to clubs at $40 per ball. The usual cost of the Match balls is anywhere from $44 to $54 per ball depending where you buy them. Platypus have kindly produced and provided the balls to the VTCA at cost, so therefore making a massive contribution. The clubs would ordinarily be buying balls anyway, so will in fact make a slight saving on the ball cost whilst helping support the McGrath Foundation.

It seems as though most clubs are getting behind this very worthy cause, lets hope yours is to LifeMember. Feel free to advertise the details, I for one would be more than happy to personally attend your club function...

The glass is half full LifeMember...lets not forget that !!

Hey Not Just - please feel free to find another post where I have been negative or "put a negative spin on it" as you say. If you had bother to read my post, I, and my Club, support this idea whole heartedly, however I think that rather than the VTCA force clubs to spend $80 - yes $80 as clubs are being charged for two balls, the comp should cover it. You seem to know about costs involved, etc, tell me how much in the VTCA coffers??? Let's not forget that this money is the Clubs!! And yes while I see your point on already having bought balls, etc, I think that this "added" cost should have been made apparent to Clubs at the start of the season when affiliations are lodged.
It seems of late, that all the VTCA do is take from the Club rather than give back - a fine here, a fine there - and while this is not the right forum for this gripe - yes I have another one here - its along the same principle.
Tell me, how much is the VTCA contributing to the cause - financially speaking? Other than organising the Presidents lunch, are they making a finanicial donation or they benefiting from the Clubs paying the pink balls that may have been donated???

lifemember;383333 said:
Hey Not Just - please feel free to find another post where I have been negative or "put a negative spin on it" as you say. If you had bother to read my post, I, and my Club, support this idea whole heartedly, however I think that rather than the VTCA force clubs to spend $80 - yes $80 as clubs are being charged for two balls, the comp should cover it. You seem to know about costs involved, etc, tell me how much in the VTCA coffers??? Let's not forget that this money is the Clubs!! And yes while I see your point on already having bought balls, etc, I think that this "added" cost should have been made apparent to Clubs at the start of the season when affiliations are lodged.
It seems of late, that all the VTCA do is take from the Club rather than give back - a fine here, a fine there - and while this is not the right forum for this gripe - yes I have another one here - its along the same principle.
Tell me, how much is the VTCA contributing to the cause - financially speaking? Other than organising the Presidents lunch, are they making a finanicial donation or they benefiting from the Clubs paying the pink balls that may have been donated???

I will try and cover of the points you make Lifemember...

Your opinion on both the points system (initially) and also the fixtureing are 2 topics where you were particularly quick to draw negative comments. But that is the beautiful thing about this forum, that everyone is entitled to their comment and opinion.

Clubs are being charged the cost of the balls for their home games, as I already made mention, at a reduced cost to that of a normal ball purchase. The clubs will actually save money, so I find it hard to understand why you are complaining about this. The whole idea of this concept was to raise money for the McGrath Foundation with the Executive pulling together the whole association and it being a collective effort. By charging the clubs the price of the balls we ensure that every club makes a contribution to the total. A significant contribution at that thanks to Platypus whilst not inflicting any financial burden on the club, as they have to buy balls anyway. It has been communicated to clubs all along that the ball cost would be passed to clubs, maybe worth speaking to your club match committee delegate. If the comp just "cover it" as you say, then there is a very good chance that there will be some clubs that dont make the effort to support the cause at all.

You are right, I do know about the financial side of the comp. But that is because I take an active interest, and as my user name suggests I am 'Not just empty words'. The AGM Annual report from last season details the financial position of the VTCA, have a look.

Your response sounds as though you think all the VTCA Exec do is collect money. Surely you are not that nieve to believe that ?
You are 100% correct, it is the clubs money as it is the clubs that make up the association. Given you are a Life member of somewhere (who knows where ?) you will be fully aware that the VTCA made a contribution of $7500 to the bushfires last season, and only 3 seasons ago $40k was given back to the clubs. There will be a contribution from association funds this season to the McGrath Foundation, that has been communicated to the clubs all along.

It is the McGrath Foundation that benefits from the efforts of the Exec and all the clubs. It is completely disrespectful and very ignorant to suggest that the VTCA are benefiting in any way from organising this collective fundraising effort.

I look forward to receiving the invite to your clubs fundraising efforts next saturday....

Not Just Empty Words;383338 said:
I will try and cover of the points you make Lifemember...

Your opinion on both the points system (initially) and also the fixtureing are 2 topics where you were particularly quick to draw negative comments. But that is the beautiful thing about this forum, that everyone is entitled to their comment and opinion.

Clubs are being charged the cost of the balls for their home games, as I already made mention, at a reduced cost to that of a normal ball purchase. The clubs will actually save money, so I find it hard to understand why you are complaining about this. The whole idea of this concept was to raise money for the McGrath Foundation with the Executive pulling together the whole association and it being a collective effort. By charging the clubs the price of the balls we ensure that every club makes a contribution to the total. A significant contribution at that thanks to Platypus whilst not inflicting any financial burden on the club, as they have to buy balls anyway. It has been communicated to clubs all along that the ball cost would be passed to clubs, maybe worth speaking to your club match committee delegate. If the comp just "cover it" as you say, then there is a very good chance that there will be some clubs that dont make the effort to support the cause at all.

You are right, I do know about the financial side of the comp. But that is because I take an active interest, and as my user name suggests I am 'Not just empty words'. The AGM Annual report from last season details the financial position of the VTCA, have a look.

Your response sounds as though you think all the VTCA Exec do is collect money. Surely you are not that nieve to believe that ?
You are 100% correct, it is the clubs money as it is the clubs that make up the association. Given you are a Life member of somewhere (who knows where ?) you will be fully aware that the VTCA made a contribution of $7500 to the bushfires last season, and only 3 seasons ago $40k was given back to the clubs. There will be a contribution from association funds this season to the McGrath Foundation, that has been communicated to the clubs all along.

It is the McGrath Foundation that benefits from the efforts of the Exec and all the clubs. It is completely disrespectful and very ignorant to suggest that the VTCA are benefiting in any way from organising this collective fundraising effort.

I look forward to receiving the invite to your clubs fundraising efforts next saturday....

You must have me confused Not Just - never bagged the Points system and only issued I raised about the fixturing was how late they were out - something many posts were made about. As I have said all along, I and my Club fully support this idea and support it - it's a great cause. What my point has been is that the VTCA should not be asking the Clubs to pay for balls (twice - ie season and then a one off) and then ask for fundraising etc. If you bother to read other posts, some have made mention that it is hard enough for Clubs to stay afloat and get people along to functions without throwing another one in the mix or asking for "more" money from the Clubs. Again, don't get me wrong I know that Clubs will support this anyway they can, and although $80 won't brake the bank for most clubs, why put the added strain on them? Why not just ask Clubs to contribute in anyway they can?

lifemember;383343 said:
You must have me confused Not Just - never bagged the Points system and only issued I raised about the fixturing was how late they were out - something many posts were made about. As I have said all along, I and my Club fully support this idea and support it - it's a great cause. What my point has been is that the VTCA should not be asking the Clubs to pay for balls (twice - ie season and then a one off) and then ask for fundraising etc. If you bother to read other posts, some have made mention that it is hard enough for Clubs to stay afloat and get people along to functions without throwing another one in the mix or asking for "more" money from the Clubs. Again, don't get me wrong I know that Clubs will support this anyway they can, and although $80 won't brake the bank for most clubs, why put the added strain on them? Why not just ask Clubs to contribute in anyway they can?

LM,
ur post is finiki nit pikky & just not warranted. It lacks class every club does it hard unless ur YC every one does a little bit and thats all u can do.
The VTCA isnt posting or rewarding the club that donates the most, its not a competition.
The comp i came from didnt give u a choise u had to buy there balls its cheaper here.
The grass isnt greener on the other side.

See Airport West are having an evening in their rooms with Viv Richards and Rodney Hogg charging $ 120 head
South Barwon are having the same turn a week later at Skilled Stadium. Same deal at $ 75 head.
Brownies wedding and Johnys contract must have cost a little more than expected.
Ripped Off - You Bet.

Sniffin Around;386406 said:
See Airport West are having an evening in their rooms with Viv Richards and Rodney Hogg charging $ 120 head
South Barwon are having the same turn a week later at Skilled Stadium. Same deal at $ 75 head.
Brownies wedding and Johnys contract must have cost a little more than expected.
Ripped Off - You Bet.

I think you'll find APW $120 includes a meal, beer, wine & soft drink for the night. So when you consider that its probably not as large a differential as your leading us to believe....ya muppet

There's also $60 tickets available which excludes a meal, beer and wine. Thats probably more your price range

up and off;386413 said:
I think you'll find APW $120 includes a meal, beer, wine & soft drink for the night. So when you consider that its probably not as large a differential as your leading us to believe....ya muppet

There's also $60 tickets available which excludes a meal, beer and wine. Thats probably more your price range

Advert on APWSC website says drinks at bar prices and $ 60 ticket standing room only

South Barwon $75 meal - drinks at bar prices

Only difference APW 3 course meal S B 2 course meal

If your gonna have a crack be honest and accurate.

Sniffin Around;386430 said:
Advert on APWSC website says drinks at bar prices and $ 60 ticket standing room only

South Barwon $75 meal - drinks at bar prices

Only difference APW 3 course meal S B 2 course meal

If your gonna have a crack be honest and accurate.

Arrive by 5.30pm to be seated at your table.
You will be served a 3 course meal at your prime location table during the evening, with all beer wine and soft drink included

There ya go, saved you the trouble, the above was cut and past from the APW website....what was that you said about being accurate?? You couldnt hit the side of a barn with a handful of wheat

up and off;386439 said:
Arrive by 5.30pm to be seated at your table.
You will be served a 3 course meal at your prime location table during the evening, with all beer wine and soft drink included

There ya go, saved you the trouble, the above was cut and past from the APW website....what was that you said about being accurate?? You couldnt hit the side of a barn with a handful of wheat

Far call, i'm big enough to stand corrected if that's the case.
Guess one should never question the integrity of anything that's done at Airport West.

fredbassett;386916 said:
can anyone from willi cy's tell us why your 2 poms were sent packing ????

Didnt realise they'd been sent home?

One has made about 100 runs @ 8 and taken taken 1 wicket at 100. The other has been alright though, 20 odd wickets is a good season so far. Maybe they're chewing up too many points and they need the space.

NorthClubsDontPayPlayers;387009 said:
Didnt realise they'd been sent home?

One has made about 100 runs @ 8 and taken taken 1 wicket at 100. The other has been alright though, 20 odd wickets is a good season so far. Maybe they're chewing up too many points and they need the space.

lets just say Willy are better off without them both !!

Too Old Body Broke;387038 said:
Call made from afar Max or do you know something?

I know enough to say that those two would be well advised to stay out of Australia if they know whats good for them, i wont go into detail as i will not air any dirty laundry on here as its not in anyone's best interest !!

Max;387183 said:
I know enough to say that those two would be well advised to stay out of Australia if they know whats good for them, i wont go into detail as i will not air any dirty laundry on here as its not in anyone's best interest !!

So, shall we just leave it at that? They came, they saw, they pissed around, they got sent home.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back