VTCA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: VTCA Thread

hehe u r the best writer... u talk about as well as your hack club plays.. u r pissweak Robbo & u play for a cheating rabble of a club.

weak mate very very weak...u don't win by cheating scum boy...

hehe u r the best writer... u talk about as well as your hack club plays.. u r pissweak Robbo & u play for a cheating rabble of a club.

weak mate very very weak...u don't win by cheating scum boy...

Guys, before this gets out of hand a develops into some sort of cry-baby sandpit affair, I just want to clarify the VTCAs ruling. 2 protests were made by the integrety challenged mob down at Bentleigh.

1 - The pitch was under prepared the second week.
2 - The pitch was covered after 8.30am Sat morning.

The VTCA threw out the first protest - effectively saying the result was not effected by the pitch condition. Hence the covers staying on did not have a detrimental effect on the wicket.

The VTCA upheld the second protest. Apparently covers being down after 8.30 - even if no impact on the pitch condition - is a sin worth losing your points over. How Bentleigh players happened to be at the ground around 8.30am with camera's in hand is anyone's guess - but it's good to see the VTCA continues to encourage this behaviour.

Jeez, you'd be worried hosting Bentleigh in a semi with rain forecast...

PS: Willing to hire myself out as PI any Friday night / Sat morning. Discount rate of $50/hr if you mention this ad.

Guys, before this gets out of hand a develops into some sort of cry-baby sandpit affair, I just want to clarify the VTCAs ruling. 2 protests were made by the integrety challenged mob down at Bentleigh.

The VTCA threw out the first protest - effectively saying the result was not effected by the pitch condition. Hence the covers staying on did not have a detrimental effect on the wicket.

The VTCA upheld the second protest. Apparently covers being down after 8.30 - even if no impact on the pitch condition - is a sin worth losing your points over. How Bentleigh players happened to be at the ground around 8.30am with camera's in hand is anyone's guess - but it's good to see the VTCA continues to encourage this behaviour.

PS: Willing to hire myself out as PI any Friday night / Sat morning. Discount rate of $50/hr if you mention this ad.

Slammer1954;209122 said:

Well said. About 7 years ago, we played Bentleigh at Bentleigh. The first week, they won toss and batted. All out 160. O/nite we were left at 4/20 with our best 3 bats out. The following week rolled up and you guessed it, soft wicket. I jumped back in my car to look at McKinnon's pitch (about 3-4 blocks away) and yep, u guessed it, ROCK HARD:eek: At the end of the day, we passed them 9 down, and em know. As I have said in an earlier post, nothing has changed out at Bentleigh.

Slammer1954;209122 said:

Well said. About 7 years ago, we played Bentleigh at Bentleigh. The first week, they won toss and batted. All out 160. O/nite we were left at 4/20 with our best 3 bats out. The following week rolled up and you guessed it, soft wicket. I jumped back in my car to look at McKinnon's pitch (about 3-4 blocks away) and yep, u guessed it, ROCK HARD:eek: At the end of the day, we passed them 9 down, and em know. As I have said in an earlier post, nothing has changed out at Bentleigh.

Vicious and Well Directed;208869 said:
He does have a point though. GarryMac might have gone and broken the 'Southern Treaty' by taking on a neighbour. That sort of behaviour should be saved for when you're beaten by teams from the north.

It could work. Covers off at 8:25am on Saturday, otherwise it will be ruined and you'll lose 8-42 no matter how well you bat. You'd get Subway for afternoon tea every week, and everyone behaves like a gentlemen without the riff-raff from across the bridge or down south by the beach bringing down the tone of the game. And best of all, the rest of us get on with a decent cricket competition without having to put up with w**kers like them.

"and everyone behaves like a gentlemen without the riff-raff from across the bridge" wtf??

How about you pull your head in champ. Just because the south sides are looking more and more like a south5c side, no need to bring up the old "which side of the bridge" bullsh_t. Grow up:cool:

Vicious and Well Directed;208869 said:
He does have a point though. GarryMac might have gone and broken the 'Southern Treaty' by taking on a neighbour. That sort of behaviour should be saved for when you're beaten by teams from the north.

It could work. Covers off at 8:25am on Saturday, otherwise it will be ruined and you'll lose 8-42 no matter how well you bat. You'd get Subway for afternoon tea every week, and everyone behaves like a gentlemen without the riff-raff from across the bridge or down south by the beach bringing down the tone of the game. And best of all, the rest of us get on with a decent cricket competition without having to put up with w**kers like them.

"and everyone behaves like a gentlemen without the riff-raff from across the bridge" wtf??

How about you pull your head in champ. Just because the south sides are looking more and more like a south5c side, no need to bring up the old "which side of the bridge" bullsh_t. Grow up:cool:

Slammer1954;209122 said:

Didn't Royal Park lose points early in the season for leaving their covers down,you seem to know a lot about that protest are you on the VTCA exec.

Slammer1954;209122 said:

Didn't Royal Park lose points early in the season for leaving their covers down,you seem to know a lot about that protest are you on the VTCA exec.

been there done that;209125 said:
Last year in the last round there was talk of the same thing happening,Bentleigh batting first,hard deck,2nd week hardly any work done as a result Bentleigh won just making the finals and then winning the GF

been there done that;209125 said:
Last year in the last round there was talk of the same thing happening,Bentleigh batting first,hard deck,2nd week hardly any work done as a result Bentleigh won just making the finals and then winning the GF

been there done that;209126 said:

Obviously sarcasm is lost in the bigcricket forum. The last place I would want to be every saturday is spending time with the McInnes clan. Plus it's a long drive from 'my side of the bridge'.

Obviously sarcasm is lost in the bigcricket forum. The last place I would want to be every saturday is spending time with the McInnes clan. Plus it's a long drive from 'my side of the bridge'.

southern sledge;209128 said:

This sort of stuff happens every weekend in all grades. Bowl one week on a road then rock up the next when there's been no rain and its soft as butter.

Most clubs are just happy to wear it though realising that the short term gain of running to VTCA is not worth the long term reputation of being a sook club that comes with it.

Obviously OEG and Bentleigh don't see it this way.....we'll have to wait and see if it gets them anywhere.

southern sledge;209128 said:

This sort of stuff happens every weekend in all grades. Bowl one week on a road then rock up the next when there's been no rain and its soft as butter.

Most clubs are just happy to wear it though realising that the short term gain of running to VTCA is not worth the long term reputation of being a sook club that comes with it.

Obviously OEG and Bentleigh don't see it this way.....we'll have to wait and see if it gets them anywhere.

Frankie;209143 said:

I reckon rules are rules Frankie - its pretty simple, get the covers off by 8.30am!

If you don't agree with it, then propose a rule change at year end.

I'd rather take the points, play finals, and be called a bunch of sooks!

Frankie;209143 said:

I reckon rules are rules Frankie - its pretty simple, get the covers off by 8.30am!

Interesting match below in Senior 2nds North Between Keilor V Yarraville Club:

http://cricket.resultsvault.com/cricket/reports/match.asp?matchID=379568

Looks like another contrived result.

I was unaware if there were no umpires, that you could play more than the 80 overs in a day.

Must be a new rule brought in for Round 11.
:confused:

Interesting match below in Senior 2nds North Between Keilor V Yarraville Club:

http://cricket.resultsvault.com/cricket/reports/match.asp?matchID=379568

Looks like another contrived result.

I was unaware if there were no umpires, that you could play more than the 80 overs in a day.

Must be a new rule brought in for Round 11.
:confused:

NoBall;209147 said:

Agreed rules are rules but sometimes you have to use a bit of common sense (not the VTCA's strong suit) and adapt interpretations to the circumstances.

Fair enough if you think you got the worse end of the conditions and you lose a game by 10 runs or something. But in both instances where this has happened this year, the complainant has been comprehensively bent over by the clearly superior side. OEG were rolled for 126 chasing 224 and then on the same deck, RPB managed to hit up 0/52 in their 2nd dig. Then Bentleigh 112 chasing 234 after being 0/50. And with BD 2/60 in 2nd dig with both wickets run outs. Can't have been that bad???

Maybe a runs penalty is a better option

NoBall;209147 said:

Agreed rules are rules but sometimes you have to use a bit of common sense (not the VTCA's strong suit) and adapt interpretations to the circumstances.

Fair enough if you think you got the worse end of the conditions and you lose a game by 10 runs or something. But in both instances where this has happened this year, the complainant has been comprehensively bent over by the clearly superior side. OEG were rolled for 126 chasing 224 and then on the same deck, RPB managed to hit up 0/52 in their 2nd dig. Then Bentleigh 112 chasing 234 after being 0/50. And with BD 2/60 in 2nd dig with both wickets run outs. Can't have been that bad???

Frankie;209167 said:

Maybe if clubs did the right thing and took their covers off they wouldn't lose the points.
Did anybody see the Herald Sun last Thursday about the Port Melbourne skipper who flies in and out from Darwin,must have plenty of money

Frankie;209167 said:

Maybe if clubs did the right thing and took their covers off they wouldn't lose the points.
Did anybody see the Herald Sun last Thursday about the Port Melbourne skipper who flies in and out from Darwin,must have plenty of money

southern sledge;209168 said:

* Bentleigh have appealed TWICE this season. They have history and are a bunch of sooks who go to the ground at 831am looking for a way out.

southern sledge;209168 said:

* Bentleigh have appealed TWICE this season. They have history and are a bunch of sooks who go to the ground at 831am looking for a way out.

don't worry about it mate, if i were you i'd be concentrating on 3 figures. :D

don't worry about it mate, if i were you i'd be concentrating on 3 figures. :D

Frankie;209167 said:

Fair enough rules are rule, but was the appeal decision being upheld really in the spirit for which the rules were intended?? As you say Frankie, Brighton seemed to go alright on the same deck, as did RPB agaisnt OEG. It is just opportunism from low life nit-pickers who can't take being beaten by a better cricket side. To what end, they lose this week and cop Daisy Brown Week 1 of finals fresh from a 7-fa. Good ********ing luck to you! The fact that the tribunal found that the pitch was not underprepared or unplayable, yet still taking all Brighton's points seems ridiculous.

Perhaps Sledge could enlighten us on how the pitch changed between weeks?

Frankie;209167 said:

Fair enough rules are rule, but was the appeal decision being upheld really in the spirit for which the rules were intended?? As you say Frankie, Brighton seemed to go alright on the same deck, as did RPB agaisnt OEG. It is just opportunism from low life nit-pickers who can't take being beaten by a better cricket side. To what end, they lose this week and cop Daisy Brown Week 1 of finals fresh from a 7-fa. Good ********ing luck to you! The fact that the tribunal found that the pitch was not underprepared or unplayable, yet still taking all Brighton's points seems ridiculous.

Vicious and Well Directed;209176 said:

No idea

Vicious and Well Directed;209176 said:

No idea

playing finals by protesting when u have been thrashed is bad for the comp. In a close game no worries if u really think the pitch afeected teh result but when ur thrashed u have to show some class and accept the result.
We r not playing for sheep stations & the curators put in a massive amount of time to get the wickets prepared for us to play on.

The Bentleigh sooks crying & protesting when thrashed is bad for the game and makes their club look terrible but the VTCA upholding these protests is the reason why they do it.

The intergity of a club being questioned is 1 thing but when u have an Exec the clubs do not believe is honest then the comp becomes barely worth playing in. That is the point the VTCA has reached by a team with a member on the exec being given free wins with no reason.

playing finals by protesting when u have been thrashed is bad for the comp. In a close game no worries if u really think the pitch afeected teh result but when ur thrashed u have to show some class and accept the result.
We r not playing for sheep stations & the curators put in a massive amount of time to get the wickets prepared for us to play on.

The Bentleigh sooks crying & protesting when thrashed is bad for the game and makes their club look terrible but the VTCA upholding these protests is the reason why they do it.

The intergity of a club being questioned is 1 thing but when u have an Exec the clubs do not believe is honest then the comp becomes barely worth playing in. That is the point the VTCA has reached by a team with a member on the exec being given free wins with no reason.

"word from the green trackie brigade is that smackas was getting a bit jealous that the yarraville scorer was paying too much attention with bakes. allegation was that she was showing him his personal wagon wheel by dropping her strides after the game in front of all the boys and smackas was feeling a bit left out and therefore he got on the turps before last game!
im sure if there was a bit of a nipple suck on offer from the scorer for smackas this could be the motivation he needs to turn his season around coming into the finals! "

Bagsofwickets, clearly your a bigger idiot than i gave you credit for!

"word from the green trackie brigade is that smackas was getting a bit jealous that the yarraville scorer was paying too much attention with bakes. allegation was that she was showing him his personal wagon wheel by dropping her strides after the game in front of all the boys and smackas was feeling a bit left out and therefore he got on the turps before last game!
im sure if there was a bit of a nipple suck on offer from the scorer for smackas this could be the motivation he needs to turn his season around coming into the finals! "

Bagsofwickets, clearly your a bigger idiot than i gave you credit for!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back