Wadca u/17a

Re: Wadca u/17a

Cricket Addict;295221 said:
They were an excellent team, but they did lose matches in the season.
The bowling line up wasn't that good. Morris wasn't really a bowler. But they're batting line-up was awesome.
I remember watching them in the SF and had a team full of guns. Most of them underage players. Dean, Chadwick, Morris, Freeman, Fratantaro and Hill.
Guns. Travis Dean and Mitchell Chadwick especially.

siddle2franklin;309318 said:
any of you guys played against sam reynolds from centrals in 17a's? what you think of him

Played against him 3 times.
He is ok.
I thought he was a better batsman than bowler last year but he has worked on his bowling a bit and has improved. Has batted a lot lower than he did last year.
Wouldn't call him a superstar but he is a good average player at the U/17a level.

Few weird results last weekend with Altona rolling Williamstown for 144 and Centrals rolling Werribee for 123.
Also Spotswood making 235 against Altona North is a bit suprising.
1 for 29 off (8) Cricket Addict, bit ordinary mate, would expect you to get 3 or 4 fa against Spotty.
Although last time i saw you bowl you got tonked.

What happened in the Werribee Centrals vs Werribee game at Price Reserve on the weekend is absolute disgrace.
The Werribee Cricket Club has a very proud tradition not only in the VSDCA but also the WDCA where they played there juniors and have been extremely successful but what they did on the weekend is nothing short of cheating and they should be appauled by there actions.
They should be stripped of their points as a minimum.
What happened on the weekend would kill blokes like Jeff Dean and Ross Johnston who have coached that club with honour over the last two years.
The captain Johnno Burton(Cricket Addict lookalike) disgraced himself and his club and the coach should be in hot water for letting his captain do what he did.

Young Willi Lad;317384 said:
Also Spotswood making 235 against Altona North is a bit suprising.
1 for 29 off (8) Cricket Addict, bit ordinary mate, would expect you to get 3 or 4 fa against Spotty.
Although last time i saw you bowl you got tonked.
It's not that bad, infact I thought I bowled well. The ground was small (we played there in the 13's 4 years ago). 3.625 an over is not ordinary; Spotty scored 240 and we ended up scoring 250, so it can't be too bad.
I would have liked to have taken 3 - 4 wickets but that rarely happens for me anyway especially in juniors, even against lowly ranked teams. I usually get the 1 - 2 wickets per game. Some things could have gone my way but anyway that happens.
And yes you did hit me around a bit. But I know that's how you play and considering it was also a small ground and we had 10 fielders minus the keeper and bowler that day it didn't surprise me one bit. Wasn't bowling well that day anyway, pfft when you bowl an attempted bouncer and swings down leg for 5 wides you know it's not your day. Still I took 2 wickets that day so go figure.
And once again I passed 12 last match and what do you know i finished not out 21. If only it was a test match. I might be able to score a 50 for once.

siddle2franklin;309318 said:
any of you guys played against sam reynolds from centrals in 17a's? what you think of him
Yes I have this season. Not sure how he's getting his wickets though? Yet it doesn't surprise me, every year an average player takes lots of wickets. Speaking of taking lots of wickets, how 'bout Jezza from Willi. Another bag on the weekend. Absolute gun, best bowler in the comp easily. Heck he got me out he must be good. :D

Young Willi Lad;320084 said:
What happened in the Werribee Centrals vs Werribee game at Price Reserve on the weekend is absolute disgrace.
The Werribee Cricket Club has a very proud tradition not only in the VSDCA but also the WDCA where they played there juniors and have been extremely successful but what they did on the weekend is nothing short of cheating and they should be appauled by there actions.
What happened on the weekend would kill blokes like Jeff Dean and Ross Johnston who have coached that club with honour over the last two years.
The captain Johnno Burton(Cricket Addict lookalike) disgraced himself and his club and the coach should be in hot water for letting his captain do what he did.

Tell us what happened YWL???????????????

Ive looked at scores........82overs were bowled,maybe a couple short???????????:confused:

Young Willi Lad;320084 said:
What exactly happened? Having a look at the game on Sunday I was shocked Centrals didn't win (supposedly). Then I just a had a look again before and the result has been disputed. I'm guessing the overs given to the Centrals is wrong. Correct me if I'm wrong but if you bowl a team out you get 50 overs. I'm keen to know what happened. Not that it will affect the ladder much, but for the top 2 it will change who they play in the semi's. Altona are almost certain to make 3rd now and Hoppers and our team battling it out for 4th place.
Not sure about the lookalike though YWL. Haven't heard that one before. You could be right though.

Cricket Addict;320171 said:
What exactly happened? Having a look at the game on Sunday I was shocked Centrals didn't win (supposedly). Then I just a had a look again before and the result has been disputed. I'm guessing the overs given to the Centrals is wrong. Correct me if I'm wrong but if you bowl a team out you get 50 overs. I'm keen to know what happened. Not that it will affect the ladder much, but for the top 2 it will change who they play in the semi's. Altona are almost certain to make 3rd now and Hoppers and our team battling it out for 4th place.
Not sure about the lookalike though YWL. Haven't heard that one before. You could be right though.

You and Johnno Burton are dead ringers.
Yes i thought the same that 50 overs was the minimum the side can bowl on the second day if they were all out before stumps on the first day.
Werribee's coach however disputed this and said that because the centrals had only bowled 36 overs to them and werribee had bowled 5 overs by stumps that they only had to bowl 41 overs on day 2 which is wrong.

This was not all, it came down to the last over and Werribee had bowled 38 overs(on day 2) and it was 11:00 so they proceeded to bowl only 3 overs in the next 30 mins. With there captain Johnno Burton repeadedly time wasting and stop bowlers from running in to continusously change his field.
I've heard that Burton bowled the last over and it went for 15 mins.
He kept it up even after members of his own team has said this isn't right lets play the game and so on.

Angry parents and coaches sparked an ugly finish to the game, surely centrals have to get the points and surely Burton and the coaches down at Werribee must get some sort of punishment.

Cricket Addict;320158 said:
It's not that bad, infact I thought I bowled well. The ground was small (we played there in the 13's 4 years ago). 3.625 an over is not ordinary; Spotty scored 240 and we ended up scoring 250, so it can't be too bad.
I would have liked to have taken 3 - 4 wickets but that rarely happens for me anyway especially in juniors, even against lowly ranked teams. I usually get the 1 - 2 wickets per game. Some things could have gone my way but anyway that happens.
And yes you did hit me around a bit. But I know that's how you play and considering it was also a small ground and we had 10 fielders minus the keeper and bowler that day it didn't surprise me one bit. Wasn't bowling well that day anyway, pfft when you bowl an attempted bouncer and swings down leg for 5 wides you know it's not your day. Still I took 2 wickets that day so go figure.
And once again I passed 12 last match and what do you know i finished not out 21. If only it was a test match. I might be able to score a 50 for once.

Bit of bait got taken nicely off that line.
Reeled in a big one.
Don't use the small ground excuse either, your coach put the cones out lol we have them back at least 20 metres further than you do.

Cricket Addict;320160 said:
Yes I have this season. Not sure how he's getting his wickets though? Yet it doesn't surprise me, every year an average player takes lots of wickets. Speaking of taking lots of wickets, how 'bout Jezza from Willi. Another bag on the weekend. Absolute gun, best bowler in the comp easily. Heck he got me out he must be good. :D

Yes gun. Is the best bowler followed by Freeman and then yourself i would say.
The bowling is a lot weaker this year without Purton, Smith, Conway, Mills, Bonicci, Kelly, Hall, Fratantaro.

Young Willi Lad;320194 said:
Yes gun. Is the best bowler followed by Freeman and then yourself i would say.
The bowling is a lot weaker this year without Purton, Smith, Conway, Mills, Bonnici, Kelly, Hall, Fratantaro.
Lot's of good bowlers there, shame they're not playing. The standard isn't what it used to be. Even with the 17 and half age limit being implemented.

Young Willi Lad;320188 said:
You and Johnno Burton are dead ringers.
Yes i thought the same that 50 overs was the minimum the side can bowl on the second day if they were all out before stumps on the first day.
Werribee's coach however disputed this and said that because the centrals had only bowled 36 overs to them and werribee had bowled 5 overs by stumps that they only had to bowl 41 overs on day 2 which is wrong.

This was not all, it came down to the last over and Werribee had bowled 38 overs(on day 2) and it was 11:00 so they proceeded to bowl only 3 overs in the next 30 mins. With there captain Johnno Burton repeadedly time wasting and stop bowlers from running in to continusously change his field.
I've heard that Burton bowled the last over and it went for 15 mins.
He kept it up even after members of his own team has said this isn't right lets play the game and so on.

Angry parents and coaches sparked an ugly finish to the game, surely centrals have to get the points and surely Burton and the coaches down at Werribee must get some sort of punishment.
Disgrace! Centrals should get the points. Werribee should be deducted points and Burton should be suspended. We've got Werribee this week so that'll be interesting.

Edit: Centrals have been given the points which is the right thing.

Cricket Addict;321051 said:
Lot's of good bowlers there, shame they're not playing. The standard isn't what it used to be. Even with the 17 and half age limit being implemented.

Yeh your right.
A lot of players that could still be playing aren't.
I wouldn't be playing if we had won the flag last year but we didn't so here i am in chase of the elusive granny victory.

YWL, Willy made finals as expected, can you win it this year or will you guys stumble again when the heat is on?

Back