WARE OH CC 2008 BLOG

Stumped

WARE OH CC 2008 BLOG

Right as i'm a Moderator on here i thought it may interest some of you to my club life and what our club here in the Uk (Hertfordshire) gets up to:

so heres your first fix!

Saturday the 26th of April 2008: Intra Club Game

Glorious sunshine greeted a damp outfield and a soft wicket: The aim of the day was for a pre season friendly game for all of the family.
Two teams were defined and pretty much ended up as 1st XI to 2nd XI. 50 overs each:

1st XI batted first and were withheld to 154 runs of 50 overs, 2nd XI fell 6 runs short.

I will post more details when i have the score book or link it to our website:

Here are some pics:

Re: WARE OH CC 2008 BLOG

i will let the misses know she took all the pics! :D

i have loads more but they take ages to upload! first league game this saturday! will hopefully take some pics!

Looks like there's a bit of fill in flash there as well? Was that done manually or is this Canon EOSd as work?

Looks like a nice ground - it bet it looks good in the summer with all the trees with their full compliment of leaves?

Dave,

i'd imagine its just the EOS on auto ::) there was wine involved as well and they were the best of the bunch lol.

Its the same ground as per my other pics in your posts about grounds:

The leaves are almost there week or so to go and she will be looking ace!

Is the white building with the lovely white picket fence a private house or do you have two pavilions?

sadly not a second pavillion, it used to be our groundsmans house! (He owns the ground privately) but he lost the house after divorce settlement lol

Oh, that is so sad; such a talented groundsman... but it is a really, really nice WHITE picket fence :D

Tuesday the 29th April:

Well my muscles are hurting from the 50 over heat baked overs on saturday.

My doctor has given me Antibiotics for my tonsils and throat.

Training tomorrow night if i feel up to it! but if i go to training i really should go to work the next day!

we will see.

weather is not looking great for the weekend. especially as their are two games booked!

I don't feel that bad in myself, I used to suffer from tonsilitis when I was younger, so I knew to get to the docs and nip it in the bud so to speak

Best not to get me started on antibiotics :laugh:

Get yourself some Manuka honey [10+ or 15+]. Take a spoonful regularly and let it coat your throat.

I feel as if I'm chasing you around the site today :laugh:

Tesco... much cheaper than H&B!

Manuka honey is naturally anti bacterial and as Dave will tell you, so is garlic !!

Lol something like that! its why we should have a live chat system!

i will make a trip to tesco!

Wed 30th of May: NETS:

popped along to nets last night. i usually arrive half hour early to use the pre set up indoor nets for half hour on my own. But sadly this week i found it full of kids! some sort of youth team. gutted!

Anyway as 7.00pm strolled round People began to gather, Instead of keeping behind the stumps i thought i would bowl for a while as the previous weekends 50 overs had taken a toll on my quads and with two games this weekend i didnt want to overdo them!

First up i was bowling Offspin as i usually do (wronguns to you leggies) claimed two clean bowled to a left hander, completely done by the turn.

Got to bat fairly early on which was actually quite nice for a change! i'm usualy more worried about making sure everyone else gets a turn!

Played very straight, still trying to concentrate on not moving my rear foot and holding my shots after playing the ball! (like a photo). i have found that doing this i have to wait on the ball alot longer. An observation from my coach is that he says i have loads of time and end up walking to the ball rather than playing a better timed shot from the correct position.

i also started to select my shots better to our resident spinner, even put him out the ground so to speak a couple of times, I usually hold up against him.

Always a sucessful net when i walk out happy and sweating! and comments from my colleagues about timing!

I continued to bowl afterwards claiming another clean bowled! (That will teach him to sweep me). other than that i actually bowled good length tying up batsmen most of the night. Not bad for a wicket keeper.

Next week i will try and video my bowling and also our resident spinner as he turn it a country mile.

Looking forward to the weekend. First League Game on Saturday vs Hitchin and Sunday i'm continuing my sunday warriors campaign!

Hope the weather holds up!

Sunshine and cricket for everyone!

must be the combination of neurofen and antibiotics! i seem to be a month ahead of myself.........

Back