Warm-up Matches (Ber vs Eng, Ire vs RSA, Sco vs SL, WI vs Ken)

Ljp86

Staff member
Warm-up Matches (Ber vs Eng, Ire vs RSA, Sco vs SL, WI vs Ken)

The 2007 World Cup is underway with teams getting into the practice matches. There are three tonight and all of which have started.

Bermuda vs England

England have batted first and are 2/99 after 16 overs. Kevin Hurdle has bowled well and has 2/48.

Ian Bell is not out on 38 with Kevin Pietersen with him on 27. Michael Vaughan and Ed Joyce were out cheaply earlier in the piece.

Ireland vs South Africa

South Africa are really struggling at the moment against a fired up Ireland outfit. Dave Langford-Smith has ripped through the RSA top order claming the wickets of Smith, de Villiers and Kallis for nine, four and 16 respectively!! Gibbs was bowled by Johnston for 21.

South Africa are 4/57 after 14 overs.

Scotland vs Sri Lanka

Slow but steady start for the Lankans, 0/19 after 5 overs. Jayasuriya and Tharanga both on eight.

Re: Warm-up Matches (Ber vs Eng, Ire vs RSA, Sco vs SL)

Being an Irish / American, I love to see Ireland do well. Granted these matches don't mean much but considering my country (USA) just got ex-communicated from international play...GO IRISH !!!

England 286-8 after 50
Dalrymple led the way with 76, Leverock took 2-32

Sri Lanka 294-7 after 50
Jayasuriya 77, Tharanga 70, and Sangakkara with 81

West Indies v Kenya
not started yet, I think it's a day/night match

South Africa 192 all out after their 50 overs
Hall was 67 not out to finish the match, or else South Africa's total would have been far worse! Johnston took 4-40. Botha took 2 wickets for only 24 runs in 9 overs. Langford-Smith was 3-30 in 8 overs.

We'll see how the Irish batters do later today, but at least their bowlers have to feel a little good about themsleves, regardless of how good the pitch may be.

By the way, for anyone living in the US, the Bermuda-England match is being shown for FREE on Dish network. I'm sure the replay later tonight will be free too. They'll also have the India match tomorrow for free.

And those Bermuda and England jerseys are just ridiculously similar. Could they possibly look any more alike? With so few cricket teams in the world, you'd think they wouldn't have any problems at all with similar shirts.

Thank goodness for distinctive teams like India and Netherlands. But cricket needs more looks like Boca Jrs, River Plate, or even Juventus/Newcastle.

Bermuda just getting crushed here. After 20 overs, they are at 43/8, and England's only worry is how to get all their bowlers enough work in the match.

Bermuda all out for 45. Wow, that was bad.
This may be a bad omen for Bermuda's matches against India and Sri Lanka. They're going to get eaten alive by the likes of Murali, Vaas, Tendulkar, and Ganguly.

You know, this doesn't bode well for Bangladesh either. They let Bermuda score 205 on them a week ago.

This was also on free for Canadian viewers, but starting tomorrow we have to pony up. $180 CAD isn't cheap, but it's cheaper than $199 USD on willow.

Ireland may have a little upset brewing against South Africa right now, although it isn't an official ODI. Still would be a confidence boost for the Irish.

cleazer;141763 said:
You know, this doesn't bode well for Bangladesh either. They let Bermuda score 205 on them a week ago.

Yikes, What a spanking. Leverlock may be a decent Cricketer but physically he is a disgrace. If he got in shape he would most likely improve his game

West Indies 269-5 after 50 overs
Samuels reached 100 and then retired. Gayle got 75

Porterfield out for 37, Ireland is 85-4 chasing 193 against South Africa.

"Bermuda all out for 45."

A team of Yank pro baseballers--even minor leaguers--with no more than two weeks practice, could've done a hell of a lot better than that.

hey timmy you need to stop talkin ********.... cause you amercains can't even get your own ******** together and last time I checked, Bermuda beat you Americans in toronto to win the americas cup...

I'm suprised they are still allowin you to even put up post on these threads, i thought you would have been banned by now

Botha and Kevin O'Brien are doing their best for Ireland right now!
Their partnership is worth 41 runs so far.

Ireland is 126-4 after 36 overs.

They need 67 runs from the last 14 overs.

If Botha and O'Brien can hang on for 4 more overs and deliver about 20 more runs, I think that'll be enough for Ireland to win.

While I didn't expect Bermuda to win, I didn't expect them to lose like this either. :(

theswami;141765 said:
Yikes, What a spanking. Leverlock may be a decent Cricketer but physically he is a disgrace. If he got in shape he would most likely improve his game

Say what you like about his weight, he's the best economical bowler Bermuda has right now, he sure gave England trouble. I guess the only consolation from this game is we kept England under 300 runs :)

Is it me or are the match "live updates" really slow. I realize they are practice matches but Ireland have had 12 overs left for 45 minutes now. Once the WC starts will the real, detailed ball by ball updates be happening?

cleazer;141743 said:
By the way, for anyone living in the US, the Bermuda-England match is being shown for FREE on Dish network. I'm sure the replay later tonight will be free too. They'll also have the India match tomorrow for free.
i really wish i had dish network!

timmyj51;141793 said:
"Bermuda all out for 45."

A team of Yank pro baseballers--even minor leaguers--with no more than two weeks practice, could've done a hell of a lot better than that.

no and no

theswami;141827 said:
Is it me or are the match "live updates" really slow. I realize they are practice matches but Ireland have had 12 overs left for 45 minutes now. Once the WC starts will the real, detailed ball by ball updates be happening?

The practice matches on Cricinfo will be done via updates only. There will be no ball-by-ball coverage of the practice games unless they are on TV.

Once the pool games start, each game will be covered live on cricinfo via ball-by-ball coverage.

marlyminks said:
Say what you like about his weight, he's the best economical bowler Bermuda has right now, he sure gave England trouble. I guess the only consolation from this game is we kept England under 300 runs :)

Leverock's a tank! :D

Final Scores

Bermuda vs England

England 8/268 (50 overs)

Dalrymple 76 (79)
Bell 46 (55)
Pietersen 43 (55)

Borden 3/71 (10)
Leverock 2/32 (10)

Bermuda a.o 45 (22.2 overs)

Lewis 3/7 (4)
Flintoff 2/3 (2.2)