We need your Coaching Questions!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mas cambios

We need your Coaching Questions!

simplyCricket.net is delighted to announce that we have secured a 'Question & Answers' session with the head coach of Coaching Cricket Excellence, Peter Wellings.

Peter has played professional cricket for Middlesex and in more recent years for the likes of Minor Counties U25 XI, Middlesex Cricket Board and Middlesex League representative side, and has also represented the England Amateur XI on eight occasions.

After retiring from First Class Cricket, he set up 'Coaching Cricket Excellence' with the aim of providing top quality coaching to both children and adults of all ages and abilities. Peter is now an ECB Level III coach and is still heavily involved with youth cricket at Ealing CC where he is Head Coach of the Ealing CC Academy.

So sign up (if you haven’t already) and help us out by supplying a question for Peter to get his teeth into!

It could be anything from what it’s like to be a professional cricketer, how to get through pre-season training or questions on batting, bowling and fielding. Whatever your query is, throw it at Peter and see if you can beat him for pace!

Peter's coaching company can be found at www.coachingcricketexcellence.co.uk, if you need any further ideas!

So, please post your questions below and we'll send the best off to Peter!

Re: We need your Coaching Questions!

Here is the first one from me:

What in your opinion is the correct sequence in an action for a left arm fast bowler? E.g. Run in, left leg into air, right leg into air, land, right arm goes up...etc...

When batting, i defend with a waved bat, its successful a lot of the time but i keep getting told to go in with a very straight bat, like Vaughan, is this the best way? If you want to know further, my defense is a little like Kevin Pietersens, where he swings his bat across.

When batting, I struggle to bat fast. Early in the innings, I try and just get my eye in by blocking, and seeing how things go, but after I get my eye in, I just keep blocking. I don't know whether it is that I'm too scared to have a go at wide balls because I might go out, or I'm just a really defensive player.

I've batted many times, and I only get like 5-10 runs from 10-20 overs. My highest score is only 13. Also, in the nets, I can hit the ball fine, but when I get out to the middle, I've got no idea why I just block.
if you have any tips, I'll appreciate it. :)

Thanks.
Sean.

My Question is: I Tend to struggle with length on my bowling what drills can i do to make sure i can hit where i want? I Bowl right arm medium fast.

Another one from me:

My main problem in terms of getting pace is that my jump is mainly up and not forward enough, when I attempt to jump forward, the action is rushed and the ball comes out slower. I feel the problem is with my back leg not powering through enough, do you have any tips or drills to help with this?

My question/s:

How do I play spin without popping the ball up?
How do I read spin beter?
What can I do to make me better at being aggresive towards spin bowling and not popping it up every second ball?

Thanks

What do you think about middling bats?I've seen some of the England players use them and they have said very positive things about them.Do you think a batsman would have a significant improvement in their game by using one?

how do i bat on a horrible wicket where the ball is moving off the seam alot and different variation of bounce

charlie_123 said:
how do i bat on a horrible wicket where the ball is moving off the seam alot and different variation of bounce

You put your bat out there and hope it makes a connection :laugh:

what is the best way to play spin bowling? i like pace but we get a lot of dusty wickets here and most teams have a decent spinner.

should i try to hit out, defend, play with the pads? any help would be great on this matter.

pak_god said:
what is the best way to play spin bowling? i like pace but we get a lot of dusty wickets here and most teams have a decent spinner.

should i try to hit out, defend, play with the pads? any help would be great on this matter.

It may help to state what your batting strengths are and also what format of the game you play.

my batting is at 4 im a stroke maker but have trouble playing good spin

i try to defend but pop the ball up a lot

I have question on regarding off spin.i can play leg spin very well but i am puzzled against off spinners.i am a right hand top order batsman.

im a part time leg spin bowler. i want to improve my bowling what would be the best line and lengths to bowl at and how to i improve my accuracy.

What's the best way to overcome pressure? How can as a cricket player while batting, bowling or fielding can control my game without getting pressurized?

when batting right handed do you think it is easer to bat to a right of left armer

I have another question:

Q. How does one become a Level 3 coach? I have heard that for Level 2, you have to be able to bowl an outswinger and inswinger for demonstrations among other things, what must one do for Level 3?

Q. What muscles are most important for fast bowling?

Just to let you all know, we'll be collecting up this first batch later today and then passing them over to Peter.

Thank you all very much for your contributions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back