Western Suburbs Churches Cricket Association 09/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Western Suburbs Churches Cricket Association 09/10

Corpse with Pads;392565 said:
NEED FOR SPEED...

Which centrals team exactly got a much needed helping hand???

A grade - actually played and won their game.
B grade - played St. Johns and had them 2/40 with another in hospital.
C grade - were playing the other centrals team so kind of irrelevant.
D grade - played and won their game as well.

Could you please explain what you meant by that comment as it has me very confused.

I would like to congratulate Leigh Edwards and our A grade on a great premiership win and back to back flags top stuff. Also congratulations to Melton Centrals B and D grade premiers and Werribee Centrals on their C grade premiership. Also a thank you to Melton Centrals on their great hospitality of hosting both A and B grade grand finals a job well done good work by all concerned. Also comiserations to our B grade side a fantastic effort to chase down 312 and to fall just 17 runs short good effort well batted to Josh Joy for his century and Axe 54 with Josh 150 run stand for setting up the great run chase. Unlucky boys. The B grade grand final was one of the best grand finals I've seen a credit to both sides. Congrats to Andrew Sweeney and his side on winning the flag. A grade well done Dale McLeod 140 in the grand final awesome effort Darren Beckett 48 and 4 wickets great team effort well done boys. Enjoy the celebrations. Cheers everyone enjoy the off season.

Clear The Pickets;392867 said:
I would like to congratulate Leigh Edwards and our A grade on a great premiership win and back to back flags top stuff. Also congratulations to Melton Centrals B and D grade premiers and Werribee Centrals on their C grade premiership. Also a thank you to Melton Centrals on their great hospitality of hosting both A and B grade grand finals a job well done good work by all concerned. Also comiserations to our B grade side a fantastic effort to chase down 312 and to fall just 17 runs short good effort well batted to Josh Joy for his century and Axe 54 with Josh 150 run stand for setting up the great run chase. Unlucky boys. The B grade grand final was one of the best grand finals I've seen a credit to both sides. Congrats to Andrew Sweeney and his side on winning the flag. A grade well done Dale McLeod 140 in the grand final awesome effort Darren Beckett 48 and 4 wickets great team effort well done boys. Enjoy the celebrations. Cheers everyone enjoy the off season.

it would be back to back if it was on turf............but well done all the same!!

roosters hack;392920 said:
it would be back to back if it was on turf............but well done all the same!!

Thanks but we didn't win on Turf last Year so it was A grade and same team almost so yes back to back. And there was no turf this year which wasn't our fault probably the mass exodus that had a little to with it but each to there own best of luck to you. I'm at the pub enjoying mad Monday with the boys that's what crickets about comradeship sticking together having fun with ya mates. Enjoy :)

Clear The Pickets;392934 said:
Thanks but we didn't win on Turf last Year so it was A grade and same team almost so yes back to back. And there was no turf this year which wasn't our fault probably the mass exodus that had a little to with it but each to there own best of luck to you. I'm at the pub enjoying mad Monday with the boys that's what crickets about comradeship sticking together having fun with ya mates. Enjoy :)

Yep you can only beat the side your up against...Melton South, glad to hear that you guys are sticking together and enjoying the win...then again given your popularity in the comp i don't see what choice you have!!:D

roosters hack;393120 said:
Yep you can only beat the side your up against...Melton South, glad to hear that you guys are sticking together and enjoying the win...then again given your popularity in the comp i don't see what choice you have!!:D

I dont know what you mean about our popularity in the comp, when after last weekends grand finals our boys and Melton centrals, Caroline springs, Burnside were having a chat and a beer together and mingling after a great season, also chatting with St Johns and Willi Congs boys during the Semi finals, so i think you may be just having sour grapes mate. If your still living in the past with this you didnt want to go up to turf crap then you've got problems because no one cares about 2 seasons ago, then pull your head in and get over it because becoming lame. Maybe look in you own backyard first before spruiking about popularity because I'm pretty sure we werent the reason the turf comp didn t go ahead this year, after some clubs werent happy with the rules of the association and took their bats and balls and went to another comp. Us well yes we are too hoping to get into the Willi comp, not that we weren't happy with WSUCCA just believe with most of the top clubs leaving this year and possibly no turf we would be better to go into the Willi Comp to advance our clubs future. With Melton South, Melton Centrals, Werribee Centrals, Caroline Springs and Burnside all possibly leaving WSUCCA, doesnt leave many clubs behind and the ones who are left unfortunately a couple may struggle to survive within the next 5 years unless they increase the junior base as they are your future, you need to give them the opportunity to play the highest grade of cricket available at your club. Maybe the merger may be a good option for both associations, but it will take a lot of hard work from the people who do a lot of hard work behind the scenes from both associations. Cheers:)

Glen Orden Sports Club is looking for Senior Cricket players who would like to play winter Cricket, the Season starts on the 1st May and goes to 28th August, play will be all over the metro area, playing clubs such as LaTrobe, Bundoora, Oakleigh, Brighton, etc. Glen Orden is one of the clubs in the foundation year of the New Association. If you know anyone who would like to play or if you would like to play please email angela@glenordensportsclub.com.au The Glen Orden Sports Club is located in Werribee Thanks..

Not really sure what you are on about pickets...my club has always played at the highest grade it can, we have no history of "dogging it" in lower grades and chasing big fish small pond glory...as for your guys winning the a grade it was more a situation where the comp came down to your level rather than you going up!!

roosters hack;394831 said:
Not really sure what you are on about pickets...my club has always played at the highest grade it can, we have no history of "dogging it" in lower grades and chasing big fish small pond glory...as for your guys winning the a grade it was more a situation where the comp came down to your level rather than you going up!![/QUOT

Obviously you still have the blinkers on mate i didnt say anything about your club dogging it or anything like that, we won the A grade preimiership back to back simple as that if you dont get it then your a deer with no eyes, as for the grade coming down to our level well that situation was caused by your club and 2 others leaving the association, so your while your still living in the past mate build a bridge and get over it. because its lame, old news and no one cares. Oh but you.:D LMAO..........................

Pickets....it seems that it is YOU that can't follow the english, what i have said is that your club hid in the Matts whilst other clubs played at the grade that suited the quality of the playing stock!! As for what happened last year, we have moved on and are very happy to be where we are, no sour grapes here.The churches served us well for well over 70 years but all good things come to an end. It's great that your club won the flag and you guys have chosen to make the move to the willy comp. I hope the move goes well for you and wish you all the best for next year!;)

roosters hack;394896 said:
This is getting old...the seasons over...see you all in six months after the dogs win the Flag...:D:D

Yeah I have to agree its getting old and I hope the doggies win the flag too, even though I dont barack for them. See ya in 6 months.Cheers :)

RIP DARREN WEBB 28/03/2010

It's with great sorrow the members,officials,family and friends of the Footscray ANA cricket club wish to inform the passing of great friend and club member Darren Webb.

Darren was an instrumental part in setting up the D Grade side, which enabled young Junior cricketers integrate into the senior side smoothly and gave them an opportunity to play with their fathers and family. The ANA cricket club will forever be greatfull for Darren's services to the club.

The Members of the Footscray ANA Cricket Club wish to send our deepest sympathies to the Webb Family.

Saddly missed, but not forgotten
RIP WEBBY

G'day All

Glad the season is over and we can have a rest for a while now.

Is there any latest news on the merger with the willy comp and if it goes ahead will it be up and running for next season?

Billy Bowden;395682 said:
G'day All

Glad the season is over and we can have a rest for a while now.

Is there any latest news on the merger with the willy comp and if it goes ahead will it be up and running for next season?

Meeting on the Twelth of April...i think most churches clubs are in favour (not us)..may not be the same from the other comp though....

roosters hack;395683 said:
Meeting on the Twelth of April...i think most churches clubs are in favour (not us)..may not be the same from the other comp though....

Most clubs are fine with the merger as long as churches name is not involved.......there will be a name change to our comp I think,which ever way the merger vote goes.......;)

hussler;395684 said:
Most clubs are fine with the merger as long as churches name is not involved.......there will be a name change to our comp I think,which ever way the merger vote goes.......;)

And that is the sticking point I believe.....the churches comp needs the word "churches" in the name so they can continue to play in the carnival every two years.

roosters hack;395737 said:
And that is the sticking point I believe.....the churches comp needs the word "churches" in the name so they can continue to play in the carnival every two years.

Yeah that would be dissapointing if that was the only reason it didnt get up.....:(

I wouldnt think many of the wsucca players from this year would even care,most of the guys who wouldve represented the comp(wsucca) in the carnival wouldve been from the clubs that have left the comp last year,apart from the wsucca exec,cant see to many people kicking up about the churches name & carnival not being around next year???:cool:

The 2 melton clubs have already been admitted into WDCA already,so im led to believe...........can anyone confirm this?????

hussler;395773 said:
Yeah that would be dissapointing if that was the only reason it didnt get up.....:(

I wouldnt think many of the wsucca players from this year would even care,most of the guys who wouldve represented the comp(wsucca) in the carnival wouldve been from the clubs that have left the comp last year,apart from the wsucca exec,cant see to many people kicking up about the churches name & carnival not being around next year???:cool:

The 2 melton clubs have already been admitted into WDCA already,so im led to believe...........can anyone confirm this?????

they wanna use our ground!!!!

Solidindefence;395484 said:
RIP DARREN WEBB 28/03/2010

It's with great sorrow the members,officials,family and friends of the Footscray ANA cricket club wish to inform the passing of great friend and club member Darren Webb.

Darren was an instrumental part in setting up the D Grade side, which enabled young Junior cricketers integrate into the senior side smoothly and gave them an opportunity to play with their fathers and family. The ANA cricket club will forever be greatfull for Darren's services to the club.

The Members of the Footscray ANA Cricket Club wish to send our deepest sympathies to the Webb Family.

Saddly missed, but not forgotten
RIP WEBBY

CONDOLENCES to Graham and the A.N.A club for the sad news of Webby.
Was a good fellow and always thinking of the kids.

weapons05/06;395923 said:
they wanna use our ground!!!!

ah, didn't burnside use your ground a season ago and then you shared with taylors lakes this sesaon? Whats the problem with it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back