What bat do you use?

Re: What bat do you use?

That looks nice, is the back bleached though or is that just how the willow looks? I do like the newer lot of GN stickers.

I've got an Ignite PP coming next week from GN in the custom Strauss shape, 15 grains, was 2lb 13oz but getting weight off now. Look forward to receiving it.

Just how it looks, camera flash and light from the heater makes it look a lot whiter than it is.

I think the new look stickers swayed me as well; was comparing them to some of the older GN's I have around the house and you can really see the progression.

Was tempted by the Ignite but the double scoops on the Xiphos pulled me in. 15 grains would be wasted on me :)o) although I am a tart when it comes to the wood normally.

Got a peice of shit MRF Genius I think. $600 bucks down the drain.

Also gotta a Gray Nicholls Power Bow that I rarley use but should because the middle is probably the best of the lot.

A Gray Nicholls Matrix 1000 was given to me and is a pretty good bat.

And just last week I bought a Fisher Custom (2.8) and it feels absoutley awesome. Perfect pick up and really well balanced.

Dissapointed however that the Bat and Ball maker stopped making his bats. I think they were called "euglyseis" but can't quite remember. Anyway they were/are the best bats I've seen.

mas cambios;311965 said:
Just how it looks, camera flash and light from the heater makes it look a lot whiter than it is.

I think the new look stickers swayed me as well; was comparing them to some of the older GN's I have around the house and you can really see the progression.

Was tempted by the Ignite but the double scoops on the Xiphos pulled me in. 15 grains would be wasted on me :)o) although I am a tart when it comes to the wood normally.

scott,

have you tried out any adidas bats?
are they any good?

I'm off to the Adidas and Kookaburra factory next week, (made in the same factory) Personally I think they'll be ok bats, but the prices are very high. Over £250 for a bat is ridiculous, especially as the same bats are often churned out under different brands and aliases for half the price. Essentially you'll be paying £120 for the brand stickers.

swifty_147;313090 said:
scott,

have you tried out any adidas bats?
are they any good?

I've seen one and it looked ok. Didn't get to tap it up but it felt ok in terms of balance etc. The price was the main sticking point as I felt I could get similar for a lot less.

As evo says above, a lot of bats are made in the same places, the only difference is normally the stickers and the overall shape.

Yes it's real but different to what you'll see on English and Australian shelves. Most manufacturers produce a cheaper range specifically for India, this is part of that range.

GN giant viper, 3ibs 10, a tad heavy i know but i like it, its great for driving but hard to play leg glances and latecuts. hopefully ill improve those shots when i get used to the bat a bit more as ive only used it once.

IMPALA REDBACK :D
thats what bat ive used this year. 2 pound 8 or 9 , small mens, middle everywhere on the bat, big edges, great power
best ive ever batted with along with the Pink Puma Ballisitc6000 :)

Bat-front2.jpg

Bat-Front1.jpg

Bat-Edge1.jpg

My Woodworm Gold Hard-Drive. Not the best piece of willow tbh, already got a few small cracks, but when you hit the ball it stays hit. I love the pick-up of the bat as well, and considering the Platinum's been reduced to £150 on Kitbag I'll be buying a Platinum once my current Gold breaks. Woodworm equipment doesn't get great reviews, but personally I'm a big fan, especially of the Premier Gloves, got 2 pairs, one still not been used, fantastic gloves!

In order form left to right:

Newbury Samurai (2lb 8oz?)
Kookaburra Kahuna Ricky Ponting (2lb 12oz)
Custom County Bat (3lb 6 oz)

Bats1.jpg

Batsprofile.jpg

yea its a nice shape,

i'm still adjusting to it, its a weird pick up feels like there is no weight in the toe! and the middle is very high compared to my other two bats.

i'm aure after a few nets sessions and swinging it around the house i will get used to it!

yea its a nice shape,

i'm still adjusting to it, its a weird pick up feels like there is no weight in the toe! and the middle is very high compared to my other two bats.

i'm aure after a few nets sessions and swinging it around the house i will get used to it!

i use a puma classic from bout 4 seasons ago, great bat. doesnt have huge edges, weighs about 2.7-2.8, but very bottom heavy and low middle.
getting a slazenger V8 next season though i think.

My Woodworm Hard Drive has gone to shite. I made sure I knocked it in before winter nets, gave it a good oiling, and it had been used last season, but every week I've used it something else has gone wrong with it. There's a crack in the middle of the bat, there are now cracks in the toe, and 2 new fairly big cracks on the outside edge, one of them has had a lump taken out of it. Definitely going to be buying a new bat in a week or so, thinking a Gunn and Moore Icon at the minute, they look very nice, and have had fantastic reviews.

Back