What happened to Brian Lara

marty344

What happened to Brian Lara

Brian Lara was one of my all time favourite players. He was such an entertaining batsmen, and will have to go down as one of the all time greats.

Does anyone know what he is doing now? Why wasn't he in the IPL tournaments, i would have thought for someone of his skill and entertainment he would be a major draw card for the tournament.

Is he working with the current West Indies Test/ODI teams?

Its such a shame that someone whos done so much for cricket in his long career has gone into total obscurity.

Re: What happened to Brian Lara

What is the ICL?

I just think its bizarre that past greats dont get asked by thier country's cricketing boards, to stay on and help with the development of future players.

Re: What happened to Brian Lara

ICL was an unoffical forerunner to the IPL. In fact if it wasn't for the ICL then there would be no IPL.

As for Lara coaching, it's unlikely you'll see him working with the current West Indies board as they parted on poor terms. In the future he may well help out but I reckon that for the time being he may well work on a few personal projects, individuals who have talent or maybe for Trinidad and Tobago sides (where he played his first class cricket).

Back