• Leg Glance

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Rohitpatel

What is your favourite cricket shot?

What is your favourite shot? Which you enjoy the best or play the most
I play the pull shot best and also like to play the cover drive most times.

Re: What is your favourite cricket shot?

I have difficulty playing the coverdrive at times now due to my shoulder not allowing my to raise my left arm high enough (Being a right hander) so im not much kop at it.

I play the hook best, and if its rising, and its quick, more often than not its grounded and gone. I dont tend to learn from mistakes but after hooking the ball and getting out to it many a time, and once hooking it into the club house window (And into my granfathers pint) i dont tend to go for it much.

I like playing the late cut, its a lazy shot but has to be technically and timingly superb else you're out, i love a challange :p

i enjoy playing the reverse sweep a lot but i don't use it to score most of my runs. the cover drive is what i enjoy as well as use a lot and also the square cut. i push mostly for singles through the cover region and a odd boundary but i go hard on short deliveries with the square cut.

I love the cut shot. It is a great shot; I can just swing my arms through it if it is a pacer and either guide it over point or swing at hard as I can; more often than not, it goes for four.

I also love straight driving half volleys down the ground, it is a shot I get a lot of power in but it has to be right there, nice and full for me to do it.

manee said:
I love the cut shot. It is a great shot; I can just swing my arms through it if it is a pacer and either guide it over point or swing at hard as I can; more often than not, it goes for four.

I also love straight driving half volleys down the ground, it is a shot I get a lot of power in but it has to be right there, nice and full for me to do it.

But you have to be 90% correct on line and length, and sure you're gunna damned near middle it, else its gunna go for an edge, especially this English summer!

Simbazz said:
But you have to be 90% correct on line and length, and sure you're gunna damned near middle it, else its gunna go for an edge, especially this English summer!

As I said in my post, it has to be very full for me to attempt it; it is similar to the shot Dhoni plays to the very full ball to try and dig it out for four. Incidentally, people say I bat a lot like Dhoni; obviously without the massive sixes though but they say my ground attacking shots and general shuffly style against spinners is like Dhoni.

The "Shuffly," style has its advantages, in all honesty, the out wieght the negetives, we could make a list :p :laugh:

walk down the track and loft over mid wicket. i love to play that shot to medium pacers.

After all the excitement of ODI and Twenty20 cricket this year, lets have a quick look back at some of the game's traditional skills.

True connoisseurs among us enjoy good strokemaking by good batsmen and so let us see which strokes are more popular than others.

Stan - we already had this thread so I took the liberty of merging them together, have left your poll intact though!

i love the pull shot. i can play it from outside the offstump like uthappa but i cant hit it for sixes like him :embarrassed: the bowlers pitch it short so i play backfoot shots a lot.

yeah the pull shot is very useful but for short balls outside the offstump i cut them or push them through the covers. thats how i get 70% of my runs.

im stronger on the on side and i like to flick the ball or play the straight..... straight drive is the best shot

Any shot;which ever gets me those important runs :D
But cover drive :) is my favourite and back foot cover drive :p i enjoy very much and use it with much effectiveness.
Besides; square cut and pull also ::).

i love to play flamboyant shots but the classical cover drive and the straight drive are my favourite. i tend to play extravagant shots when im settled.

Back