What videos will help your cricket?

micoach

What videos will help your cricket?

I have been able to get hold of a camera for making video tutorials on cricket.

So I have a simple question for you today. What sort of videos would you like to see?

Re: What videos will help your cricket?

I have a feeling that you're going to get a lot of requests for bowling videos, especially pace bowling.

Batting videos - playing through the leg side. A lot of players have difficulty trying to flick, sweep. etc. the ball of their pads. Reason given: The pad gets too much in the way.

Bowling videos - fast bowling - run up and follow through. A lot of members have recently been worrying about their current bowling actions and if they're following through correctly or not. Perhaps giving a general guide about that would help. Liz has been talking about counter rotation in some people's action, how to avoid/correct that, etc.

Virendersingh.berthwal said:
Batting Videos and Bowling videos for spinners- Off Spin,Leg Spin and Left Arm Orthodox.

What sort of thing?

Batting , cover drives, block, how to adjust quick, and pace bowling would be nice, the perfect bowling action.

i think mostly how to get on to the back foot, how to leave the ball(sway out of the way, etc...)

I would like to see Fast Bowling, not just any fast bowing but infact the ABSAT videos which explain everything like driving the hips, chest drive and so on. I have seen loads of videos on swing bowling and other basic fast bowling. I really want to the actual fast bowling which explains how to increase pace by using what Ian Pont uses Advanced Biomechanics

Fielding drills would be great. Just seeing how the movement should go is a really big help.

Also, some warm up tips, I get the dynamic idea but I need more examples.

How about how to bowl the toppie for an offie. Specifically the action and wrist position on release.

If you could make these videos that would be great, and I for one would be really appreciative :D

I'd second the legside batting video, especially with focus on where to put your feet to play the leg glance, midwicket whip-type-thing and on drive.

The other batting thing that would be very useful would be a guide to playing the short ball/bouncer not just looking at the hook but also avoiding it or riding the bounce.

Thanks, should be a really good resource when it's all set up!!

I think one thing that might help is if you had an example bowling video in a format that is good for analysis - i.e. from the front or back and from the side. Then if possible go through it slowly pointing out what you should be looking out for at each stage of the action. It would certainly be useful as a reference for people looking at videos of their own bowling - and we could copy the format for videos if we were asking for advice about them on SC.

Great idea too David - keep up the good work!

Back