What was you favourite landmark?

What was your favourite cricketing acheivement?

• First Boundary

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • First Catch

• First Run Out

• First Wicket

• First 5'fer

• First 50

• First 100

• First League Win

• First Cup

• Other (please specify in thread)

• Total voters

mas cambios

What was you favourite landmark?

Putting together this site led to me to think back to some of the landmarks I've achieved over the years whilst playing cricket, from my first boundary through to my first ever cup success.

Despite everything the one thing that sticks out is my first ever 50. It was far from classy and would only just qualify as gritty but although I'm as unnatural as batsman as you'll ever find, I finally got there.

Have a think and let us know about yours. If you don't feel like sharing then just tick the poll, as it'd be interesting to see what people put the most value on!

Re: What was you favourite landmark?

Bah, id go for my first century, it was the hottest day ever, i was streaming in sweat, and keep opening up my arms for the big hits killed me, I got there, and it was an amazing feeling.

I didnt actually choose the 100, i went for the first cup win, the final was at Durhams home ground and it was amazing, although i actually didnt get a bat, i took a couple of wickets and made a Jonty Rhodes esque run-out.

Ahh as Fall Out Boy say, thnks fr th mmrs. ;)

Mine has to be my first boundary as all i can remember was a ball in the corridor of uncertainty that i swung the bat at and it raced for 4. After the game i was told i played the shot with almost perfect technique :D.

Mine has to be my first and only 50 playing back in Under 10's i grabbed a 58* and hit my first 2 sixes ever also the second one came after the first one and got hit in exactly the same spot as the one before ah good times

My best moment was when I scored my first 50, we were 6 down with bowlers to come and needed 79 runs for victory. Their bowling was crap but still it was a good feeling.

First boundary, or to be more specific, first six. It only happened a couple of months ago on a very short boundary in a Sunday Second XI match. The ball was short, slow and sat up, I just leant back and backfoot cover drove it for six. I was shocked as were the First XI on the other pitch.

My first catch.

A couple of overs ago, I got my fingertips to a skier and just missed it.

I was fielding at point, the batsman played a cover drive in the air, the ball went low to my right and I managed to dive full stretch and cling on to it.

Sounds like a good catch, i must admit ive had alot of great memorys in the field as its probably my forte.

Well, I chose my first 50.

Last season I decided to scrap my bowling (Off-Spin and Medium pacers) and try and establish myself as a batsman - mainly for the team as we didn't have an opener and we already had a good bowling line up.

So it was late last year, on a Saturday afternoon, we were batting first on a hot Aussie summer day. My team was hoping to post about 300 (from our 40 overs), quite optimistic. Anyways I was opening and we made about 60 off the first ten overs, and we were looking damn good. I was the rock (mainly because I don't slog), so I was there making partnerships and had about 3 decent partnerships. It was about the 18th, 19th or 20th over and I was getting quite exhausted (Yes, the Aussie sun is harsh). and I was thinking,
"Damn, am I near this 50 yet or what?"

Then I just flicked a shot off the pads for a single to the man out on the boundary and as I started to run, my teammates all stood up and where yelling; "Fiiiiiiiifty!!!" That's 50 Hooper!" (No, Hooper is not my real name ::)).

So I raised my Slazenger, gave a little smirk, trying not to show how happy I really was, and even lifted up the floppy white (my wide brimmed hat for batting) just because I promised I would take off the helmet or hat if I scored a fifty.

Great moment, and my best landmark yet!

My first hattrick in my first game after switching clubs.

Back in late 2005, I'd swapped clubs after 3 seasons with quite a poor club. I was playing with my mates and ripping my leggies. In what I think was my 5th over, I got a wicket on the final ball of the next over.
Next over, I got 2 wickets in a row, with the hattrick ball being caught and bowled! What I'd forgotten though, is that I'd taken a wicket on the last ball of the last over. So I did not know that I'd gotten a hattrick until my mate shouted it out to me off the field. It was actually a plus as I had no pressure on me and didn't have to think about it.

I forgot to put in hatrick! Maybe because I've never had one despite being on it a few times. just can't get that third wicket.

My favourite moment isn't on there

My best is getting my first 30. Doesn't sound like much but it was. Loads and loads of pratice and it finally paid off. I had to retire as my opening partner was on 50 and when you get to 50 you retire and my coach replaced me as well because we were batting for so long. I have now made two 30's and I am hoping to add some more to the total.

Well, all I want before I retire ( :p) to atleast make it past 30. My highest score is only 13 ( :cry) and I just want to make a good score. I've practised so hard in the past few years, and I just want to make a good score. :(

I voted first boundary. It was nearing the end of my first season and i was in good form 16, 14 , 16 (Thats good for me!)
and i really wanted that boundary, one of my best team mates, our wicket keeper made it look so easy! I got a half volley on middle leg and just went forward on it and clipped it over midwicket for 4, i was delighted. We are a pretty crap team (Pretty much have the same team since then) and my friends were all shouting and cheering :p :p

I have only ever hit 2 fours ( Well really 3 but the fielder said one of them wasn't a 4, i saw it! It was a 4! :p). Im more of a rock and a quick single hitter, i wanna hit a few boundarys this season and score some quicker runs!!

i cant believe no one voted for their first 5 wicket haul. i remeber mine fondly. it was a green wicket but the openers were batting at 40-0 well until i got one of them from a top edge pull and then the rest of them just kept falling. i got 5 and they fell for 106.

Yeah, I voted first 5-fer. Mainly because I can't remember my first wicket (but getting a wicket with my first ball for the saturday side was great!!) and my first boundary was a toe-edge past the keeper!! :laugh:

I came on in the 3rd over (opener got back pain, he was about 50odd) and troubled the openers, having one catch put down, but couldn't get a wicket. We went off for rain then when we came back on the medium pacers were given a go. I returned about the 30th over and bowled to the close, having 4 caught and 1 clean bowled with a ball that nipped back. I also had 3 other catches dropped (including a tough caught and bowled :p) and caused their best batsman to retire hurt after I hit him on the gloves. Final figures were 5-51 off 12 but we lost the game by 50 runs.

I play for St Michaels cricket club in Dumfries. We play in the Western Union Division 1 (1st XI) and Division 4 (2nd XI, got relegated from 3rd last season). Great rivals up town are Nunholm, who have a team in the Nationals. We've got a website but I'm not mentioned on it :p

http://www.saintmichaelsdumfries.com/

Back