whats your wicket taking delivery

ag23

whats your wicket taking delivery

hey whats your the delivery that you know that will fool the batsmen he can be and delivery like an out swinging yorker or a leg break.?

Re: whats your wicket taking delivery

i dont really have delivery that would "fool" the batsmen but inswinging yorkers get the job done alot of times

To fool the batsman, either my inswinger with an outswinger action, or my slower ball-offspinner.

My biggest wicket taker is probably either the ball just short of a length on off stump, or a good length ball on off stump. My natural action brings the ball back off the seam and that tends to get batsmen in trouble, but in terms of deliberate deception my slower ball off-cutter seems to do that most.

I have 2 wicket taking deliveries.. The 1st is short-ball just outside off, the batsmen don't know wheater to pull or defend.
which ends up either caught by the ball going straight up, holing out to mid-wicket or caught behind.
The 2nd is a late in-swiging yorker from around the wicket.Gets me a wicket 75% of the time

sometimes i will throw in an off spinner ... i will either make it my slower ball or i will really dart it in and it will hit the pitch and take off and cut into the right hander .... my only problem with doing this is that i cant aim it as good and it usually pitches on middle and leg and goes down leg side .... but when i get it outside off stump it turns out to be not a bad ball and i have taken a wicket or two like that this year

My wicket taking delivery is a in swinging yorker or a slower yorker

I have two major wicket taking deliveries:

1 - Inswinging Yorker: In swing is where I naturally swing the ball with my current action and I usually start outside off to get the yorker in at middle and leg so that it would go to hit the leg stump with the swing; most batsmen don't even try to play a shot and are rather looking to take their feet out of the way.

2 - Back of the hand slower ball: Everytime I try this, the batsman is kind of shocked. With time, I have got better control of this delivery and I make sure not to overuse it, otherwise, it wouldn't be one of my "wicket taking" ball! :p

To be honest, I don't pick up many wickets, but they seem to all come with a quick yorker or a length ball which pitches on leg and hits the top of off.

i cant say i have one "wicket taking delivery"..

this is a big statement as the wicket ball would surely change from batsmen to batsmen... 15 wickets this season and i dnt think i used the exact same ball twice.

A nice wrong un after a series of straight balls - pitched really wide so it looks like it's going wide and then it turns - gotcha!

My wicket taking delivery has to be one that bounces just outside off stump and unexpectidly swings in to hit the stumps. Fools the batsman like crazy. :laugh:

Back