when to move u r feet when the ball pitches or before?

MasterClassNo.1

when to move u r feet when the ball pitches or before?

hi i am not sure when to move the feet towards the ball when it pitches then or when the bowlers delivers just want to know that please reply

Re: when to move u r feet when the ball pitches or before?

I think its a bit of a 50/50 one this. Generally you would make your full movement once you've picked up the line and length in order to get in line with the ball. This can be when the ball has pitched or just before.

There is a thing called a trigger movement which aims to get your feet moving as the bowler releases the ball (or thereabouts) but this is a really small movement and to be honest unless your facing very quick bowlers you are better off just keeping the head still and getting in line.

i dont move on the front foot when bolwer is in action but i want to know when to move the feet when the ball leaves the bowlers hand or wait until it pitches

Personally, I move when the ball pitches, others may vary. It's very hard thing to say as different people pick up the line and length at different times. Some move late, some early.

Do you know what you tend to do at the moment?

This is from Alec Stewart:

You'll recognise the line and length of the delivery and from there you decide which shot you're going to play.

Your reactions will take care of the rest.

so mate u wait for the ball to pitch and then move u r feet and decide if u r going to play front foot or back foot and what kind of shot depeding on the length and line

That's how I do it personally. I watch the ball all the way from the bowlers hand, sometimes I may get into position early, sometimes late it all depends on the bowler and the pitch. Generally though though I'll make my decision as the ball pitches or just as it's about to.

The more cricket you play the better you get at picking up lines and lengths and it becomes easier to get into line early. Some people are naturally better at it than others, which is why the likes of Tendulkar and Lara are/were international cricketers and I'm not! :p

Maybe 10 years ago! I think I realise that my international hopes have gone but you never know, if a few million English men suddenly disappear I may get the call up!

You have time, I'm 28, though I'd love to play even county, I just enjoy the game for what it is.

I guess there is no hard and fast rule on this. You should move your feet into position as soon as you pick the line and length. The key is to play late but you should try to get in position early. Though you shouldn't move before the ball leaves the bowlers hand.

move your feet as soon as u pick the line and length up... that simple. its gunna vary for every batsmen.

Back