Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tendulkar

• Other

• Total voters

dude119

Which batsman has the best technique?

Is it Dravid, Hussey, Ponting, Kallis, Tendulkar or maybe someone else? It doesn't necessarily mean that he would be the best batsman but the batsman who is most likely to survive in swinging conditions.

Re: Which batsman has the best technique?

Tendulkar is a great player but imo, is more based on a fantastic eye and great technique than purer than pure technique - which is Ponting when he's in good form (see 156 at Old Trafford in 2005)

I think Dravid has the best techiniqe but he doesnt score quickly. If he would a little more aggressive he could have scored many more runs by now. Ponting has good techniqe but scores quickly too. That why he has made more runs than Dravid.

Tendulkar has the best technique I think. Its good to watch and very effective too. It's pretty hard to keep Tendulkar out of form. The fact that he has been among the top 5 batsmen for almost 13-14 years speaks volumes about his technical ability.

michael vaughan has a very good technique thats why he bats at 3 and makes so many big hundreds....same about dravid and ponting..

MasterBlaster said:
Tendulkar has the best technique I think. Its good to watch and very effective too. It's pretty hard to keep Tendulkar out of form. The fact that he has been among the top 5 batsmen for almost 13-14 years speaks volumes about his technical ability.
Tendulkar is certainly a great batsman but I think his technique is not flawless. He struggles against the incoming deliveries some times.
I have seen Jacques Kallis bat recently and it seems that there is no way to get the man out. He has a very solid technique.

I think the difference between Kallis, Tendulkar and Ponting , all of whom I enjoy watch batting, is that technically Kallis is as text-book perfect as one can get whereas Tendulkar and Ponting have the ability to play shots that cannot be taught.

dude119 said:
Tendulkar is certainly a great batsman but I think his technique is not flawless. He struggles against the incoming deliveries some times.
I have seen Jacques Kallis bat recently and it seems that there is no way to get the man out. He has a very solid technique.
Its the tennis elbow that has troubled him. He has hasnt been the same batsman ever since the injury but he's still good enough to be one of the best. 18 years of playing international cricket is going to take a heavy toll on your body.
I agree with you that on current form Kallis is the man with the best technique.

when in form. . . ponting, hussey and clarke all have great technique. . . tendulkar and lara are at the top of my list aswell....

I believe that Tendulkar has the best technique. It gives the illusion of him having unfathomable strength. Slight pushes can go for four and he can help a bouncer on its way out of the ground, on his day. Like other batsmen of his generation, such as Dravid, Ganguly and Jayasuriya, he has had to adapt to the greatest change in the pace of cricket in its history with the ODI par score moving from 250 to closer 300 and with Test cricket becoming a three to four an over game, but due to his technique, this becomes a mere issue of increased shot selection for him.

i was scrolling through hoping to see someone else saying Vaughan. Thats who i'd go for.

Vaughan definately is a very classy player and has a great technique but there is no way he has the very best in the world compared to the others.
Purely on keeping the good balls out I'd say Dravid or Kallis are the best. But Ponting and Tendulkar can keep the good balls as well as smash them for four.

Back