Who is your favourite cricketer and why?

mas cambios

Who is your favourite cricketer and why?

As the title says, who do you admire in the game of cricket, or better still, who is your idol?

Myself, well, when growing up I worshipped Malcolm Marshall (and still do to be honest). I just thought he was a mesmerising bowler who had it all, pace, brains, stamina and respect. I also had a soft spot for Curtley Ambrose, another guy I could watch bowl without ever getting bored.

Batting wise, well, it's hard one really as bowling was my thing, but I guess I have grudging admiration for Allan Border, as he really valued his wicket and in a way helped shaped the Aussie side into what it is today.

That's a few of mine, so lets have some of yours!

Re: Who is your favourite cricketer and why?

current aussie players would be

BRETT LEE!!! SHAUN TAIT!!! ANDREW SYMONDS!!!

they r all good but.... i like em all just them 3 stand out 4 me...

anil kumble, sachin tendulkar, sourav ganguly are all my fav players because they have won india many many matches over the last decade.

a few of my favorite players wud have 2 b .... michael clarke cause he can bat, bowl and field and do them all well .... brett lee cause he is a top bowler, can hold his end with the bat and has a huge arm in the field ...... and also sachin tendulkar cause his 1 of the worlds best batsman and is gud 2 watch wen he is in form

Do you really need to ask :D Kevin Pietersen obviously. I just admire him immensely, he has the arrogant swagger of Viv, a unique technique, and i respect him as a person. He had to put up with alot in South Africa with the quota system and all, I just find the guy amazing. After KP i probably like James Anderson the most, followed by Brett Lee.

Ian Bell and Romesh Powar. The latter is definitely under rated, in my humble opinion.

Edit: Plus Kallis of course.

Bell - Easy on the eye, attitude to his game is top drawer.

Powar - A clever bowler with decent variations.

Kallis - Mentally, in my opinion, is the strongest in the world.

Sachin Tendulkar because he is one of the greatest batsmen in the world and is a treat to watch. I respect him not only because of all that he has done but also because he is very humble and a nice person.

Back