• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: Who will win the AFL flag?

Ljp86;211976 said:
West Coast to win the GF by 100 points. @|

Don't think they will try to beat the Power's 119 point record? Slack :p

pidgeon fan;212056 said:
Hawks to win the flag this year.

The fremantle shockers to finish stone bottomless last.

I'll bet you a year ban from Big Cricket that neither of these things will happen. Are you game? And another thing, why do you spell McGrath's nickname wrong? :p

Kram81;212113 said:

I'll bet you a year ban from Big Cricket that neither of these things will happen. Are you game? And another thing, why do you spell McGrath's nickname wrong? :p

Piss off would you.
I reckon that the dockers won't win many games this year. Hence the reason why they will finish 16th
Oh and I don't make bets.

Kram81;212113 said:

Nah, we'll cruise through the last quarter. ;)

pidgeon fan said:
Piss off would you.
I reckon that the dockers won't win many games this year. Hence the reason why they will finish 16th

Hawks will finish last. Clarkson to be sacked halfway through the season with Hawthorn being demoted to the VFL.

Kram81;212113 said:

pidgeon fan;212180 said:
Piss off would you.

You can't possibly think that Freo will finish last? I don't like Fremantle but they have a decent list and they should play finals. Should. I wouldn't be surprised though if they don't make finals again, there's something wrong in the mentality down there at times.

pidgeon fan;212180 said:
Piss off would you.

You simply say that because you don't have the courage to back up your addle-brained statement. As they say 'put your money where your mouth is' ;)

Ljp86;212234 said:
You can't possibly think that Freo will finish last? I don't like Fremantle but they have a decent list and they should play finals. Should. I wouldn't be surprised though if they don't make finals again, there's something wrong in the mentality down there at times.

Seriously though, I've learnt to not expect anything from Freo anymore after being let down so much. IMO we have a good team but are not great and will finish around the middle of the table, hopefully sneaking into the finals. As for your mob I think they will drop back a bit with the loss of Chri$ Judd and Cuzzy bro but will still more than likely make the back half of the eight. Losing Judd was a downer but Masten will be quality and your other pick with Ebert should help to bolster the Eagles future midfield.

Kram81;212287 said:
Seriously though, I've learnt to not expect anything from Freo anymore after being let down so much. IMO we have a good team but are not great and will finish around the middle of the table, hopefully sneaking into the finals.

Freo have the talent to make the eight, they just have trouble converting their potential into on field wins. I believe they'll finish 6th to 8th, not making the finals this season should be classified as a failure.

Kram81 said:
As for your mob I think they will drop back a bit with the loss of Chri$ Judd and Cuzzy bro but will still more than likely make the back half of the eight. Losing Judd was a downer but Masten will be quality and your other pick with Ebert should help to bolster the Eagles future midfield.

West Coast have no real expectations this year. After all the off-season turmoil, the only real priority they have is to play finals. The loss of Cousins and Judda$ will hurt but we should be able to cover their loss to some extent. As you said, Masten has big raps and is a very exciting prospect.

I believe we'll play finals but we won't have too much of an influence. West Coast and Fremantle will probably be about the same this year, or at least they should be.

I'm a Carlton supporter, and the 1 thing more than anything else I want to see before I die is ********in Essendon win the wooden spoon, my most hated club even ahead of Collingwood. My late grandfather wasn't even born the last time those bunch of ********s "won" it.
Who to win the flag? Geelong to go back-to-back. They are not in virtually any way weaker. Port Adelaide over-achieved last year and are still probably a year or so away from being genuine premiership contenders, Hawthorn are laying a very good platform but aren't yet ready, Sydney are probably at the end of an era and beginning a new one. The big improvers should be St.Kilda and Brisbane, while don't underestimate the Kangas.
And despite the loss of Judd and Cousins, West Coast will should be the Cats biggest challengers.
As for my club? A fully fit Judd can single handedly get Carlton into the 8.
Again, a FULLY FIT Judd. ;)
We are rating clubs on the dependence of them having a full list. Yes...
And finally, who spelt the clubs on the poll. Shocking stuff. :p

^ I actually initially picked the Bombers for the spoon because I thought with Hird gone and aging stars they would really struggle with a dodgy midfield, plus you always get a few odd things happen each year. They have some good young players but are still a bit off. Thinking about it recently Richmond still have to be favourites, their list is just abysmal.

Ljp86, what do you think of Josh Kennedy and how has he performed in the pre-season? (apart from NAB round 1, seen that) Do you think he will be a good pick up for the Coasters as part of the Judd deal? I did not see him that much playing for the Blues.

Kram81;213130 said:
Ljp86, what do you think of Josh Kennedy and how has he performed in the pre-season? (apart from NAB round 1, seen that) Do you think he will be a good pick up for the Coasters as part of the Judd deal? I did not see him that much playing for the Blues.

Kennedy has been good, he's impressed in the couple of NAB Challenge games that we've had.

I believe he will be a decent pick-up and will certainly be a handy addition to our KPP stocks. His recruitment may ensure that Ashley Hansen and Quinten Lynch work harder to keep their places in the side. Hansen has played about 54 games in eight seasons so if injuries come up again he might be hard pressed to get back into the team if Kennedy does well.

At least it will create some pressure for players to play for their spots, hopefully that will lead to an increase in performance also.

Kram81;212287 said:
You simply say that because you don't have the courage to back up your addle-brained statement. As they say 'put your money where your mouth is' ;)

Seriously though, I've learnt to not expect anything from Freo anymore after being let down so much. IMO we have a good team but are not great and will finish around the middle of the table, hopefully sneaking into the finals. As for your mob I think they will drop back a bit with the loss of Chri$ Judd and Cuzzy bro but will still more than likely make the back half of the eight. Losing Judd was a downer but Masten will be quality and your other pick with Ebert should help to bolster the Eagles future midfield.
No I just don't make bets.

I also am against gambling of any kind.

Also I think that the shockers won't even make the eight.

They just don't have the talent. They are working with a list of guys who are constantly ageing and who are out of form.

Ljp86;212234 said:

They will finish last by not winning more than 5 games. Mind you the teams they could beat might be the more cocky teams like Essendon, west coast, Geelong, Sydney and Collingwood.

Kram81;213108 said:
^ I actually initially picked the Bombers for the spoon because I thought with Hird gone and aging stars they would really struggle with a dodgy midfield, plus you always get a few odd things happen each year. They have some good young players but are still a bit off. Thinking about it recently Richmond still have to be favourites, their list is just abysmal.

Yeah alot of people have picked them for the spoon. In fact, on bigfooty.com (I'm under a different name on there), when doing my ladder prediction, I picked Richmond to finish 15th and Essendon 16th.

Ljp86;213265 said:
Kennedy has been good, he's impressed in the couple of NAB Challenge games that we've had.

I believe he will be a decent pick-up and will certainly be a handy addition to our KPP stocks. His recruitment may ensure that Ashley Hansen and Quinten Lynch work harder to keep their places in the side. Hansen has played about 54 games in eight seasons so if injuries come up again he might be hard pressed to get back into the team if Kennedy does well.

At least it will create some pressure for players to play for their spots, hopefully that will lead to an increase in performance also.

While it was fantastic we got Judd, Carlton should have done all they could to hold on to Kennedy and trade Bower (another WA man) instead. Hansen's been a bit sitff, he's a very good CHF, almost a classical one, but injury has held him back. He's been a key figure for West Coast so barring injury again, he'll continue to be a key figure. As for Lynch, he's played as a key defender before. It will be interesting to see which pair of key forwards West Coast use this year.

Tassietigersrule;213566 said:
While it was fantastic we got Judd, Carlton should have done all they could to hold on to Kennedy and trade Bower (another WA man) instead.

Geez dude, how much do you wan't you got arguably the best player (when fit) in the comp without surrendering the number 1 pick? :)

On a side note, hypothetically it would be interesting to see who the Coasters would have selected if they had the 1st pick. They needed to replace mids, would they have taken Masten (added advantage of a local) over Kruezer ?

pidgeon fan;213288 said:
They will finish last by not winning more than 5 games. Mind you the teams they could beat might be the more cocky teams like Essendon, west coast, Geelong, Sydney and Collingwood.

LMAO, confirmation that you know absolutely NOTHING about football. Year ban that this will not happen Pidgeon, come on if you have such a big mouth back it up :D

Kram81;213774 said:
LMAO, confirmation that you know absolutely NOTHING about football. Year ban that this will not happen Pidgeon, come on if you have such a big mouth back it up :D
We will wait and see.
As I said I don't make bets. And banning somebody for a year wouldn't be the right thing to do.

Back