Why Is Cricket Not Popular In The U.s. And Canada?

I guess that it is because America wanted to be its own nation, so they discarded sports like cricket (which were thought of as "English") and came up with their own alternatives.

Makes sense to me, if you look at the major sports in America they are their own version of other sports:

American football - Own version of Rugby
Baseball - Own version of Rounders

Soccer even has slightly different rules to football across the world.

All-Star-Postcard.jpg

I only found out about this match because of the post-match article on Cricinfo. The organisers' site is the only place that seems to have a scorecard, though I can't even open the full thing. I just liked Cricket Canada's Facebook page, seeing I don't get any of their news anywhere else. Judging by the reactions on that page, it seems that the T20 match was advertised well enough but wasn't properly planned -- not too many were happy with Brian Lara or any Pakistanis (except Saqlain Mushtaq) not playing.

It's a shame that there were so many issues surrounding the match, but I think it's a great start that 12,000 people got to see a handful of international cricket stars playing a high-scoring T20 game (where each side scored over 160) at a baseball stadium in Toronto. It was a great initiative by Kat Rose, and I don't think it is their fault for the absent players; I don't know what happened with Brian Lara or Tamim Iqbal, but the PCB refused to release their players for the match. Hopefully there is a next time, and with improved relations between the PCB and Cricket Canada, these issues won't be a recurring problem.

This was advertised really well on many sites and many people posted information via LinkedIn; including Saqlain (see the Wrist Spin Coaching thread).

The issue with the Pakistani players was really just miscommunication. None of them asked for permission in writing, believing that a verbal conversation would do. Unfortunately, the match was scheduled for the first day of their training camp in preparation for their upcoming test match. Although I believe it really sad that they had to drop out I am not sure I disagree with the decision. If England were supposed to be at a pre-test training camp I am not sure I would be too happy if they took off half way across the World to appear in a 'friendly'.

However, as I said in the other thread, the Canadians stepped up and played up, including their captain. This allowed for others to stand in for them in the International side. It was a really good match and I am not sure anybody could have any REAL justification to complain.

ooooh! Gus Logie has been announced as the new coach of Canada. Could this be the starting point continuation of something great?
Actually Logie is one of the best crickter west indies made so he will do good job for Canada but only my worrie is do Canada have good player to build up...coz to develop there must be good playes there

Wall stickers

Back