Wicket Keeping Chat/Chirps/Calls HELP

mas cambios

Wicket Keeping Chat/Chirps/Calls HELP

We have a great keeper who is very chatty behind the stumps. This is not a problem in itself as he sets the 'pace' for fielding and helps to stop the game from drifting during the quieter periods but he only has 3 or 4 lines!

We want to help out (not least as it gets annoying after 3 hours in the field :laugh:) so has anyone got some chat that we can suggest to him?

Anything is an option no matter how absurd!

Re: Wicket Keeping Chat/Chirps/Calls HELP

Ok, I've got one. If a batsmen is constantly sweeping your spinner, you say to him "Oi Mate, the cleaner wants his broom back". Thats one I stole straight from Warnie

Volvo drivers drive better than this guy! Very lame, but I made it up so what can you expect :laugh:

Maybe you should get The Sledger's Handbook: How to Deliver the Perfect Cricketing Insult. Its on amazon [ame=http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/1904332641]here[/ame]

I may do but it's more for just the general things to say rather than specific sledges, he's a very excitable guy but needs more variations!

"More leaves than a tree"
"Hey, this guy really sucks"

***After retaliation*** "It's not our fault you're sh*t"

Jonesy said:
So what type of chat do you want, give us an example :)

Anything really, just stuff that your keeper may say. It's just to help break up the stuff he normally comes out with.

We played St Barts Medical College the other day. One of our blokes came up with 'this guy cut like a surgeon' :laugh:

Kinda relies on your team playing medical students though... :p

well being a Wicket Keeper myself i have to say it really depends on the batsmen at the crease.

and in all fairness i dont sledge the batsmen i usually taunt them by heckling the bowler.

For example, if a batsmen trys to smash our slow non spinner out the ground, i'll shout "come on then Julie show him the slower ball" or if he keeps missing the ball when its turning, we shout the opposite! "show him the one that turns"

a classic is "somebody call Stanstead (Airport) let them know Hugh is bowling" all about confusing the batsmen and not letting him know whats coming next? i dont like it when wicket keepers sledge batsmen and its personal!

one keeper last week was commenting on my Aero Pads. He started taking the mick, calling them hockey pads. then heckling. I turned round to him and told him to shut the F up and get on with his Job! his slips were creasing up!
::)

We are struggling for a stable wicketkeeper and desperately require a wicketkeeper for the coming season.
So at times I have to do the sledging/teasing like if the batsmen is on back foot then i shout to my captain standing on the cover/midwicket "why r u wasting my energy he is not even attempting to drive.I am bowl such looseners and he is just blocking..What a waste of time".

Then again "He is not playing at all....that too for such loose deliveries......What a pathetic batsmen".

Some from the keeper if the batsmen misses the turn that "He is blinded by the turn" something of that sort or ur wicketkeeper can refer to the tailender batsmen as "Sitting Duck".It does annoy them a lot (Personal exprience)

I've got plenty!!

After a big swipe and failing to connect...
"Big swing, no ding"
"Big slash, no cash"
"This guys swings more than the toilet doors at the curry house"
"He's inventing new shots now"

For a poor bit of fielding...
"that fielding was a bit Cinderella....Late for the ball"

And as a batsman when the fielding side claims you are sh1t...
"If I was any good I wouldn't be playing against rubbish like you"
(obviusly you can make it as fruity as you like!!)

one i've used for school then got moaned at coz the teacher liked him is:
scenario - our shite spinner is on, a **** batsmen who just likes swinging hard is in

me "aah ****, should we give manchester airport a ring could have a few bombs landing if this lad can be arsed hitting one"

(usual f-words between me nd batsmen)

keeper chirps in" yer but ee can't fukin hit a ball"
Me " yer, suppose yyour right ... i mean ffs stevie wonder can see the ball better then this lad"

next ball stumped of the keeper , nd batsmen walks off shouting the usual, pointing his bat at me :D

1-0 phil

in all honesty i prefer to get on with the batsmen and off friendly incorrect advice !

Back