Williamstown and District Cricket Association (WADCA) 09/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Williamstown and District Cricket Association (WADCA) 09/10

dolz;396068 said:
Why? They haven't made a Grand Final for a while. And that's not a cheap shot of Lavo

Dolz, nothing against Lavo, just the Collingwood of the comp & always will be..very competitive & tough to beat. No one likes em unless you play for em!!;)

just cricket;395671 said:
just get over it!!!:)

never ever will we get over it, just like we have never forgotten steve slattery from wimps taking a catch in a semi final in the early 80s at newport cricket ground when he was 3/4 of the way onto the outside bike track and claimed he was inside the field of play, we never ever ever forget!!!

twinkle toes;396072 said:
You only have to go back 2006/07 season when lavo last played in a grand final and not long over ten or so years from when they last won the a turf flag a hell of a lot better record than majority of the other clubs in the competition, especially when you take into account the decade of success gu had. Also not to mention the amount of success laverton have had in the lower grades from b turf down to the one day comp in this time. Back to back b turf flags this year and a dominant performance by the b matts shows how well this club is running. Laverton as a club can hold its head high and not need to worry about losers like butterfingers who didnt even know wyndhamvale won last years flag. And finally when the going got tough lavo never left the competition like other clubs who couldnt handle coming up against gu at their peak, thats why l.c.c remains and always will be a power club in the w.d.c.a

Nice post "SKILLS".............:D

wimps view;395627 said:
Enough of the slinging & sooking already.
How about some cricket.
Congrats to both sides in b2 gf, what a great game, played in great spirit by both sides over all 5 days in a very tight game, 6 runs.
Well done to all players.
Go Imps.

great effort now you can go up to a b1s

hussler;396514 said:

Found out today that D Brown was the two's captain this year...Just what I expected..big fish in a small pond. On ya Brownie!! Good bowler on the stickies...

Butterfingers;396548 said:
Found out today that D Brown was the two's captain this year...Just what I expected..big fish in a small pond. On ya Brownie!! Good bowler on the stickies...

you would have to be an intellectual giant butterfingers if your going to make statements on this forum make sure they are correct if you had as much talent as darren brown you wouldnt need to get on this site and bag people of his calibre, obviously you dont have any yourself.

no i deer;395653 said:
no one is potting anyone , just stating facts!!!

Know a lot of GU folk & apparently they turned up wearing premiership medallions knowing you were going to be their opponents in GFs gone by....give WN credit.. the only team that has looked like beating them in years..Enough said!

twinkle toes;396599 said:
you would have to be an intellectual giant butterfingers if your going to make statements on this forum make sure they are correct if you had as much talent as darren brown you wouldnt need to get on this site and bag people of his calibre, obviously you dont have any yourself.

Hey Champ, this is banter for players that have been through the FCA Footscray Cricket Association....then through the the other comps that have followed.... Put your pull up nappies back on... I know how how good he is & what he has done in his career.. He has had the the measure of our encounters in the past..One of the best local cricketers of all time no doubt..

Butterfingers;395836 said:
Know a lot of GU folk & apparently they turned up wearing premiership medallions knowing you were going to be their opponents in GFs gone by....give WN credit.. the only team that has looked like beating them in years..Enough said!

I didn't know they won it last year

Butterfingers;397142 said:
Hey Champ, this is banter for players that have been through the FCA Footscray Cricket Association....then through the the other comps that have followed.... Put your pull up nappies back on... I know how how good he is & what he has done in his career.. He has had the the measure of our encounters in the past..One of the best local cricketers of all time no doubt..

yawn yawn butterfingers who cares about the fca if it was such a great comp it would still be around and so would maribynong but there not.

matting master;395873 said:
I didn't know they won it last year

Apologies to Wyndamvale.... must of missed that one...Any way the party hats are normally on when Laverton are the opposition!!

twinkle toes;398254 said:
yawn yawn butterfingers who cares about the fca if it was such a great comp it would still be around and so would maribynong but there not.

Big call.. Hope you can back it up on the field.... given that probably 80% or more blokes playing grade cricket these days are from the FCA or more likely sons of guys that played in this comp. Current premiers of the Senior Division of the VTCA (Yarraville Club) is just one example..

Butterfingers;395922 said:
Apologies to Wyndamvale.... must of missed that one...Any way the party hats are normally on when Laverton are the opposition!!

Why? They haven't made a Grand Final for a while. And that's not a cheap shot of Lavo

Butterfingers;398861 said:
Big call.. Hope you can back it up on the field.... given that probably 80% or more blokes playing grade cricket these days are from the FCA or more likely sons of guys that played in this comp. Current premiers of the Senior Division of the VTCA (Yarraville Club) is just one example..

There wouldnt be anyone from the FCA left at YCCC (1stXI) would there?? I'm sure they weren't paying 100k on players back in the FCA too..........:eek:

You only have to go back 2006/07 season when lavo last played in a grand final and not long over ten or so years from when they last won the a turf flag a hell of a lot better record than majority of the other clubs in the competition, especially when you take into account the decade of success gu had. Also not to mention the amount of success laverton have had in the lower grades from b turf down to the one day comp in this time. Back to back b turf flags this year and a dominant performance by the b matts shows how well this club is running. Laverton as a club can hold its head high and not need to worry about losers like butterfingers who didnt even know wyndhamvale won last years flag. And finally when the going got tough lavo never left the competition like other clubs who couldnt handle coming up against gu at their peak, thats why l.c.c remains and always will be a power club in the w.d.c.a

Interesting to hear that Laverton had a club vote on a move to the VTCA. 80% in favour was the number i heard.
Looks like Lavo are jumping ship as a result of the Semi Final incident.

this was the same club who have been on here baggin west about jumping ship and coming back!

For the comps sake i hope they dont go, but the WDCA are going ok and wouldnt be effected by the loss..

Yawn... B Turf & lower grades filled with part timers who perhaps should be playing a higher grade but want the easy runs & take the easy wickets..Lavo is a good club no doubt..but pls save the space on the walls for real success.

Willi Comp;398895 said:
Interesting to hear that Laverton had a club vote on a move to the VTCA. 80% in favour was the number i heard.

this was the same club who have been on here baggin west about jumping ship and coming back!

For the comps sake i hope they dont go, but the WDCA are going ok and wouldnt be effected by the loss..

This is news to me as far as i can tell there has been no vote at lavo i hear their planning to vote on it at their AGM.

Lavo won’t leave the WDCA it is the best club there. The field 6 senior sides just about the most that any club has in the comp.

Get your facts straight.

dolz;396068 said:

Dolz, nothing against Lavo, just the Collingwood of the comp & always will be..very competitive & tough to beat. No one likes em unless you play for em!!;)

Willi Comp;398895 said:

what in the b-turf sec 1 semi.....id leave to after that debarcle........wicket playable....run ups no probs.... outfield no probs......a curator who's a half back flanker......definately.......

they wouldnt get a way with what they do in the vtca.......b-mats????? good ridence........

Willi Comp;398895 said:

While where on the subject of rumours Willi Comp, heard one yesterday of the annoucement of Phil Crea back in the fold at GU to take over as coach, with the Batman stepping down and annoucing his retirement, along with 5 or 6 others?
Not sure how true, as i thought he had resigned??
Can you or any of the GU faithfully confirm this one?

hussler;396514 said:

DIG IN;398942 said:
While where on the subject of rumours Willi Comp, heard one yesterday of the annoucement of Phil Crea back in the fold at GU to take over as coach, with the Batman stepping down and annoucing his retirement, along with 5 or 6 others?
Not sure how true, as i thought he had resigned??
Can you or any of the GU faithfully confirm this one?

Happy to confirm that phil crea has signed as coach for gu in this up coming season and in a great coup for the club i am pleased to announce dirk nannes has signed on to play 3 games with us this up coming season. it will be great for our younger bowlers at the club to gain some expert knowledge from such an outstanding bowler. go gorillas.

Butterfingers;396548 said:

weapons05/06;398908 said:
what in the b-turf sec 1 semi.....id leave to after that debarcle........wicket playable....run ups no probs.... outfield no probs......a curator who's a half back flanker......definately.......

they wouldnt get a way with what they do in the vtca.......b-mats????? good ridence........

YOU SHOULDNT BE SAYING TOO MUCH ABOUT YOUR B MATTS WEAPONS JUST REMEMBER THEY WERE AS WEAK AS PISS THROWING IN THE TOWEL AFTER TRAILING BY THAT MAMMOTH AMOUNT AFTER ONE INNINGS AND THE WAY YOUR CAPTAIN CARRIED ON ALL GAME AND MADE AN ASS OF HIMSELF AND YOUR CLUB WAS AN EMBARRASSMENT TO DEER PARK ARDEER DAME PHYLISS FROST CENTRE CRICKET CLUB AND BY THE WAY IF THE VTCA MOVE GOES AHEAD GOOD OLD LAVERTON FOREVER BEING SUCH A POWERHOUSE THEY ARE WILL CONTINUE TO FIELD SIDES IN THE A ND B MATTING OF THE WILLY COMP. gEE THAT WOULD GIVE US 6 OR 7 SENIOR SIDES YET AGAIN AND SIMILIAR NUMBERS I N THE JUNIORS. wORRY ABOUT YOUR OWN BACKYARD AS IT WAS QUITE AMUSING HAVING A COUPLE OF YOUR SENIOR PLAYERS FROM THE B MATTS COME AND HAVE A BEER WITH HE LAVO B MATTS PREMIERSHIP PLAYERS AFTER THE GAME AND MENTION HOW EMBARRASSED THEY WERE ABOUT THE WAY THE CAPTAIN CARRIED ON THROUGHOUT THE GRAND FINAL AND THAT THEY HAD A LOT OF RESPECT FOR THE LAVO B MATTS GUYS.

twinkle toes;396599 said:

big game performer;398949 said:
Happy to confirm that phil crea has signed as coach for gu in this up coming season and in a great coup for the club i am pleased to announce dirk nannes has signed on to play 3 games with us this up coming season. it will be great for our younger bowlers at the club to gain some expert knowledge from such an outstanding bowler. go gorillas.

Dirk Nannes? Did i read that right? Will he have time to play 3 games, amongst his various other commitments?

Butterfingers;397142 said:

A.B De Villiers;398956 said:
Dirk Nannes? Did i read that right? Will he have time to play 3 games, amongst his various other commitments?
Wouldn't want to be facing him that's for sure.

twinkle toes;398254 said:

thedog;398899 said:
This is news to me as far as i can tell there has been no vote at lavo i hear their planning to vote on it at their AGM.

Lavo won’t leave the WDCA it is the best club there. The field 6 senior sides just about the most that any club has in the comp.

Get your facts straight.

well that came from the mouth of a commitee man at Lavo..

Mate, i agree Lavo are a strong club and hope they dont go..

only reason i commented on it as it was from a good source and i was surprised to hear it thats all..
no dramas im sure Lavo will be a contender again in the coming season!

Butterfingers;398861 said:

There wouldnt be anyone from the FCA left at YCCC (1stXI) would there?? I'm sure they weren't paying 100k on players back in the FCA too..........:eek:

dolz;392403 said:
Good Luck to all the players and clubs involved on the weekend in the Grand Finals. Hopefully they all go smoothly like the past couple of years

Interesting, Strangy is eligible to play in the A-Mats Grand Final. Might have to go down to the game and watch the big fella bowl ;)

On the umpires, who cares where they umpire. If they make a howler of a decision for the team they're from, they'll get criticised. So expect the umpires from those clubs to not give many touch and go decisions

well that must have been his twin brother i was talking to at the a turf grand final

twinkle toes;398950 said:
YOU SHOULDNT BE SAYING TOO MUCH ABOUT YOUR B MATTS WEAPONS JUST REMEMBER THEY WERE AS WEAK AS PISS THROWING IN THE TOWEL AFTER TRAILING BY THAT MAMMOTH AMOUNT AFTER ONE INNINGS AND THE WAY YOUR CAPTAIN CARRIED ON ALL GAME AND MADE AN ASS OF HIMSELF AND YOUR CLUB WAS AN EMBARRASSMENT TO DEER PARK ARDEER DAME PHYLISS FROST CENTRE CRICKET CLUB AND BY THE WAY IF THE VTCA MOVE GOES AHEAD GOOD OLD LAVERTON FOREVER BEING SUCH A POWERHOUSE THEY ARE WILL CONTINUE TO FIELD SIDES IN THE A ND B MATTING OF THE WILLY COMP. gEE THAT WOULD GIVE US 6 OR 7 SENIOR SIDES YET AGAIN AND SIMILIAR NUMBERS I N THE JUNIORS. wORRY ABOUT YOUR OWN BACKYARD AS IT WAS QUITE AMUSING HAVING A COUPLE OF YOUR SENIOR PLAYERS FROM THE B MATTS COME AND HAVE A BEER WITH HE LAVO B MATTS PREMIERSHIP PLAYERS AFTER THE GAME AND MENTION HOW EMBARRASSED THEY WERE ABOUT THE WAY THE CAPTAIN CARRIED ON THROUGHOUT THE GRAND FINAL AND THAT THEY HAD A LOT OF RESPECT FOR THE LAVO B MATTS GUYS.

as they should and i was embarrassed also......i was dissapointed in the way he carried on also and he felt my wrath let me tell you.......personally not a bad decision to throw the towell in lets be honest.....you guys would have batted(as your captian said) again anyway so whats the point........????

i hate lavo nothings changed there......but never the less your club has to be respected.....and i have a little bit there for your club.....

Willi Comp;398895 said:

Get your facts straight.

weapons05/06;398966 said:
as they should and i was embarrassed also......i was dissapointed in the way he carried on also and he felt my wrath let me tell you.......personally not a bad decision to throw the towell in lets be honest.....you guys would have batted(as your captian said) again anyway so whats the point........????

i hate lavo nothings changed there......but never the less your club has to be respected.....and i have a little bit there for your club.....

Laverton has gone to VTCA ;)PUT YOUR MONEY ON IT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back