Williamstown and District Cricket Association (WADCA)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Williamstown and District Cricket Association (WADCA)

Has anybody heard of any player movements or new pick ups for next season?

I know it's the silly season but it's a good talking point!

I have heard West Newport are throwing the $$$$ around for next season???

Stump Cam;347172 said:

watch this space........;)

Stump Cam;347172 said:

watch this space........;)

Stump Cam;347172 said:

Yes we had a big crack at Pop Gun ( Weapons ) but he turned us down. Which we can't understand why as he would have been perfectly suited to coaching our new women's team.

As far as throwing $$$$ around i think you are off the mark we are in the market place like alot of other clubs for a coach and have set our sights high but are having little success mainly due to the view held by many that the Willy comp is a poor standard and good players are reluctant to come to the comp regardless of the $$$$ offered as they can play a better standard and earn the same or more.

We have a few other irons in the fire that we might have to persue if we can't land land a big fish shortly but we are not throwing big $$$$ around we target certain types of players that can add value to our side and more importantly to our club.

Stump Cam;347172 said:

Yes we had a big crack at Pop Gun ( Weapons ) but he turned us down. Which we can't understand why as he would have been perfectly suited to coaching our new women's team.

As far as throwing $$$$ around i think you are off the mark we are in the market place like alot of other clubs for a coach and have set our sights high but are having little success mainly due to the view held by many that the Willy comp is a poor standard and good players are reluctant to come to the comp regardless of the $$$$ offered as they can play a better standard and earn the same or more.

We have a few other irons in the fire that we might have to persue if we can't land land a big fish shortly but we are not throwing big $$$$ around we target certain types of players that can add value to our side and more importantly to our club.

Stump Cam;347178 said:
What do you know mate?

Don't keep us guessing???

Is it you :eek:

yes i am heading to the wdca next season.....signed sealed and delivered.........;)

not gonna speak about players ect ect gonna work with in the club to get young blokes in playing hard tough cricket.......

whilst ive had a lot of good offers from clubs with alot of cash and alot higher standard than what i will be playing wrr some people might say what the hell is this bloke doing going to a club who has struggled over the last 5 or so years.........there are achievable goals to get the deer park ardeer cricket club back into a-turf with the right players and right attitude around the club........so we will see how it goes.....i think im ready for the challenge of being a snr cap/coach.....money in the bank new facilities with the footy club going in the young direction as far as player wise i will be looking to do the same thing.........people might talk about the wicket.........saying its crap which atm it is we will be working with the footy club to get it back to how it was back in the late 90's with grand finals being played on it..........im a former club champion of the club and rapt with the opiontment........

cheers

Stump Cam;347178 said:
What do you know mate?

Don't keep us guessing???

Is it you :eek:

yes i am heading to the wdca next season.....signed sealed and delivered.........;)

not gonna speak about players ect ect gonna work with in the club to get young blokes in playing hard tough cricket.......

whilst ive had a lot of good offers from clubs with alot of cash and alot higher standard than what i will be playing wrr some people might say what the hell is this bloke doing going to a club who has struggled over the last 5 or so years.........there are achievable goals to get the deer park ardeer cricket club back into a-turf with the right players and right attitude around the club........so we will see how it goes.....i think im ready for the challenge of being a snr cap/coach.....money in the bank new facilities with the footy club going in the young direction as far as player wise i will be looking to do the same thing.........people might talk about the wicket.........saying its crap which atm it is we will be working with the footy club to get it back to how it was back in the late 90's with grand finals being played on it..........im a former club champion of the club and rapt with the opiontment........

cheers

weapons05/06;347192 said:

Bring it on we can't wait you have made my day l hope your new team ( poor buggers ) are drawn to play West at West next year and it is prior to Xmas ( as you will probably be back at Willy after Xmas ) be prepared for a fitting reception.

Bring it on we can't wait you have made my day l hope your new team ( poor buggers ) are drawn to play West at West next year and it is prior to Xmas ( as you will probably be back at Willy after Xmas ) be prepared for a fitting reception.

cheers

i feel sorry for the club you have gone to.. and yes i know who it is

cheers

i feel sorry for the club you have gone to.. and yes i know who it is

cheers

Thank god. This saga of will he or wont he has been dragging on for weeks over multiple threads. Good luck, your making all the right noises at the moment, but clubs will always give prospective coaches the glossiest sell possible, hope all is as you expect. May even pray for a washout at my game the week you play West Newport, the sledging could be "special"

cheers

Thank god. This saga of will he or wont he has been dragging on for weeks over multiple threads. Good luck, your making all the right noises at the moment, but clubs will always give prospective coaches the glossiest sell possible, hope all is as you expect. May even pray for a washout at my game the week you play West Newport, the sledging could be "special"

jika jika;347225 said:

to be honest i dont think they'd say anything.......

jika jika;347225 said:

West Riff Raff;347195 said:

lol......i hope its round 1......see u soon;)

West Riff Raff;347195 said:

lol......i hope its round 1......see u soon;)

weapons05/06;347255 said:

Pop Gun who are you trying to kid, with the likes of Dog, Benny, Muzza etc playing in our two's you will cop heaps and l would imagine a few others will put their hands up to play that game.

weapons05/06;347255 said:

Pop Gun who are you trying to kid, with the likes of Dog, Benny, Muzza etc playing in our two's you will cop heaps and l would imagine a few others will put their hands up to play that game.

West Riff Raff;347288 said:

they are good blokes...and they have been in contact to get me back to west.......why would they say anything......?
it would be quite funny though.......and if i did cop a spray id take it on the chin cause its not like me to cop sprays from opposition sides i cop it and give it all the time so once more wouldnt hurt......

anyway its not about me v west newport its about my club winning some respect back......and for me to do well against a former club would put the cherry on top......

and fyi to be correct i find it hard to believe........benny played 1 game as did muzz and dog played 2 games........in the 2's last year......

cheers

West Riff Raff;347288 said:

they are good blokes...and they have been in contact to get me back to west.......why would they say anything......?
it would be quite funny though.......and if i did cop a spray id take it on the chin cause its not like me to cop sprays from opposition sides i cop it and give it all the time so once more wouldnt hurt......

anyway its not about me v west newport its about my club winning some respect back......and for me to do well against a former club would put the cherry on top......

and fyi to be correct i find it hard to believe........benny played 1 game as did muzz and dog played 2 games........in the 2's last year......

cheers

jika jika;347225 said:

and the runs flowing off my bat would be ''special'':rolleyes:.....im sure if your washed out we'd be off as well.........

jika jika;347225 said:

and the runs flowing off my bat would be ''special'':rolleyes:.....im sure if your washed out we'd be off as well.........

weapons05/06;347304 said:

cheers

That was last year you will find us a completely different outfit this year.

weapons05/06;347304 said:

cheers

jika jika;347225 said:

I am hearing ya Jika!! I may even join you to watch on the day. May even get a stump microphone planted to be sure we dont miss any of the banter!!

jika jika;347225 said:

I am hearing ya Jika!! I may even join you to watch on the day. May even get a stump microphone planted to be sure we dont miss any of the banter!!

West Riff Raff;347318 said:

so instead of playing the kids your gonna play the old blokes........i thought your club was all about the kids......pushing them to the 3rds n 4ths if you have them isnt gonna help them develop......

oh well time will tell as its a long way from the start of the season.........

now onto the new teams comming into the comp...who are they and where are they starting off.....?

West Riff Raff;347318 said:

so instead of playing the kids your gonna play the old blokes........i thought your club was all about the kids......pushing them to the 3rds n 4ths if you have them isnt gonna help them develop......

now onto the new teams comming into the comp...who are they and where are they starting off.....?

weapons05/06;347327 said:

Only against your mob, but we need a blend of experience players to assist our younger players develope.

weapons05/06;347327 said:

Only against your mob, but we need a blend of experience players to assist our younger players develope.

West Riff Raff;347328 said:

will you be playing......?.....i hope so and ill try i did say try put a couple around your ears.......;)

hope chalky plays too:eek:

and a big congratulations on your 170th post about me keep up your good work WRR.......

West Riff Raff;347328 said:

will you be playing......?.....i hope so and ill try i did say try put a couple around your ears.......;)

hope chalky plays too:eek:

and a big congratulations on your 170th post about me keep up your good work WRR.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back