Williamstown and District Cricket Association (WADCA)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Williamstown and District Cricket Association (WADCA)

West Riff Raff;353759 said:
Pop Gun l believe the whole Werribee Sth cricket club is playing at Laverton this year. Last year Laverton fielded 6 sides l wonder how many sides they will field this year?

Getting soft no. A lesson in life you should have learnt "never burn you bridges" as you never know what the future might hold.

i have burnt no bridges.......future is looking good champ;)

West Riff Raff;353759 said:
Pop Gun l believe the whole Werribee Sth cricket club is playing at Laverton this year. Last year Laverton fielded 6 sides l wonder how many sides they will field this year?

Getting soft no. A lesson in life you should have learnt "never burn you bridges" as you never know what the future might hold.

hussler;353417 said:
I sense some sour grapes have crept in to your posting bud??
Maybe because you couldn't land the big fish or all of our blokes knocked back the money yous were throwing at them????

We have a very good president who has a lot of respect at ND & will keep everything in check don't worry about that!!!!!!!!

P.S Stump Cam go swing a cat in the big toilet...........hahahahaha:D

Plenty of cats down at ND :D
You will end up without any success like every other year you pretenders take the field.
Absolutely no heart down at that club what so ever :eek:

hussler;353417 said:
I sense some sour grapes have crept in to your posting bud??
Maybe because you couldn't land the big fish or all of our blokes knocked back the money yous were throwing at them????

We have a very good president who has a lot of respect at ND & will keep everything in check don't worry about that!!!!!!!!

P.S Stump Cam go swing a cat in the big toilet...........hahahahaha:D

Plenty of cats down at ND :D
You will end up without any success like every other year you pretenders take the field.
Absolutely no heart down at that club what so ever :eek:

weapons05/06;353956 said:

weapons,

How are the numbers looking down there?
The deck - will it be up to standard this year?
Have you picked up anyone or will there be any kids to keep an eye on over the course of the season that may step up this year?

weapons05/06;353956 said:

weapons,

Have you picked up anyone or will there be any kids to keep an eye on over the course of the season that may step up this year?

West Riff Raff;353610 said:
No sour grapes or tears at West, a couple of ex West Newport players who now play at ND were unhappy at ND for various reasons and wanted to come back to West. To ND credit they have got their act together and one of these players has decided to stay at ND and the other has retired at this stage but l am trying to talk him in to returning to ND as no one wants to see a talented player like him not playing.
We have since changed tact with our recruiting and have picked up some very good players from higher standard comps and have a few more pending. I believe we will field a very good side this season and hopefully improve on last years position where we missed the finals by one game. I can see the comp being alot stronger this season and from what l am hearing ND, GU, Laverton & Hoppers Club have all recruited well.

I heard only one ex West player wanted to come beck to West, he committed to West and then pulled out.
The rest were deliberately poached by your club, if these players had gone it would've left ND in a pretty sh1tty position!
I know I give it to Hus and to that club - all in good fun but like I've said be in the past... That was poor form.

Regardless of whether the players moved across or not the intent was there to get as many players ex or not over to West.
You don't try and clean out a block of players from one club :(:cool:

West Riff Raff;353610 said:
No sour grapes or tears at West, a couple of ex West Newport players who now play at ND were unhappy at ND for various reasons and wanted to come back to West. To ND credit they have got their act together and one of these players has decided to stay at ND and the other has retired at this stage but l am trying to talk him in to returning to ND as no one wants to see a talented player like him not playing.
We have since changed tact with our recruiting and have picked up some very good players from higher standard comps and have a few more pending. I believe we will field a very good side this season and hopefully improve on last years position where we missed the finals by one game. I can see the comp being alot stronger this season and from what l am hearing ND, GU, Laverton & Hoppers Club have all recruited well.

I heard only one ex West player wanted to come beck to West, he committed to West and then pulled out.
The rest were deliberately poached by your club, if these players had gone it would've left ND in a pretty sh1tty position!
I know I give it to Hus and to that club - all in good fun but like I've said be in the past... That was poor form.

Regardless of whether the players moved across or not the intent was there to get as many players ex or not over to West.

Stump Cam;354013 said:

You would have no idea what our intent was as you have demonstrated in your post l would suggest you worry about your own club and the lack of success it has had recently and get off your arse and try and do something about it and stop having a crack at a club like us who are proactive.

Stump Cam;354013 said:

You would have no idea what our intent was as you have demonstrated in your post l would suggest you worry about your own club and the lack of success it has had recently and get off your arse and try and do something about it and stop having a crack at a club like us who are proactive.

West Riff Raff;354016 said:

:confused: l would suggest you worry about your own club and the lack of success it has had recently

I wouldn't call trying to poach a large number of players from ONE club pro active!!!
Don't sit there and try and take the moral high ground... "All ex West Newport players wanted to come back etc..." what a load of rubbish!!!

You thought you could cash in on the one ex West player you thought you had coming over!!!

So what you're saying is that you NEVER tried to poach a player that hadn't played for the WEST NEWPORT CRICKET CLUB???

I've heard you tried extremely hard to get Michael Welsh - any truth to that rumor?

West Riff Raff;354016 said:

:confused: l would suggest you worry about your own club and the lack of success it has had recently

I wouldn't call trying to poach a large number of players from ONE club pro active!!!
Don't sit there and try and take the moral high ground... "All ex West Newport players wanted to come back etc..." what a load of rubbish!!!

You thought you could cash in on the one ex West player you thought you had coming over!!!

So what you're saying is that you NEVER tried to poach a player that hadn't played for the WEST NEWPORT CRICKET CLUB???

I've heard you tried extremely hard to get Michael Welsh - any truth to that rumor?

Stump Cam;354018 said:

Point 1 - Yes you are correct we haven't had alot of success lately our last first eleven flag was 5 years ago.

Point 2 - Our intent was to recruit one disgruntled player from ND who had announced his retirement and we offered him a senior role within our club.

Point 3 - Our recruiting has not been targeted at one club you will find we have picked players up for this season from district, sub district and the VTCA and no one to my knowledge from the Willy comp.

Point 4 - There wouldn't be a club in existance that hasn't recruited a player from another club.

Point 5 - Hasn't Welshy retired? I think the push to get Welshy out of retirement and come to us was from one of the ND players that was coming to West. l have known Welshy since he was 5 years old and had a casual chat with him and he informed me he had retired due to injury and l told him that if he had a change of mind and wanted to come to us he would be quite welcome. I WOULDN'T CALL THIS TRYING EXTREMELY HARD TO RECRUIT HIM. I hope Welshy decides to play again and it is at ND.

Point 6 - I am only worried about my club you are the one who is sticking your nose into our business and making ill informed comments.

Point 7 - The recruitment of the player from ND has fallen through and we have moved on as there is no point in crying over spilt milk l just wish you would do the same.

Stump Cam;354018 said:

Point 1 - Yes you are correct we haven't had alot of success lately our last first eleven flag was 5 years ago.

Point 2 - Our intent was to recruit one disgruntled player from ND who had announced his retirement and we offered him a senior role within our club.

Point 3 - Our recruiting has not been targeted at one club you will find we have picked players up for this season from district, sub district and the VTCA and no one to my knowledge from the Willy comp.

Point 4 - There wouldn't be a club in existance that hasn't recruited a player from another club.

Point 5 - Hasn't Welshy retired? I think the push to get Welshy out of retirement and come to us was from one of the ND players that was coming to West. l have known Welshy since he was 5 years old and had a casual chat with him and he informed me he had retired due to injury and l told him that if he had a change of mind and wanted to come to us he would be quite welcome. I WOULDN'T CALL THIS TRYING EXTREMELY HARD TO RECRUIT HIM. I hope Welshy decides to play again and it is at ND.

Point 6 - I am only worried about my club you are the one who is sticking your nose into our business and making ill informed comments.

Point 7 - The recruitment of the player from ND has fallen through and we have moved on as there is no point in crying over spilt milk l just wish you would do the same.

West Riff Raff;354027 said:
Point 1 - Yes you are correct we haven't had alot of success lately our last first eleven flag was 5 years ago.TRUE

Point 2 - Our intent was to recruit one disgruntled player from ND who had announced his retirement and we offered him a senior role within our club.NOT TRUE

Point 3 - Our recruiting has not been targeted at one club you will find we have picked players up for this season from district, sub district and the VTCA and no one to my knowledge from the Willy comp.AT THE START NOT TRUE

Point 4 - There wouldn't be a club in existance that hasn't recruited a player from another club.TRUE

Point 5 - Hasn't Welshy retired? I think the push to get Welshy out of retirement and come to us was from one of the ND players that was coming to West. l have known Welshy since he was 5 years old and had a casual chat with him and he informed me he had retired due to injury and l told him that if he had a change of mind and wanted to come to us he would be quite welcome. I WOULDN'T CALL THIS TRYING EXTREMELY HARD TO RECRUIT HIM. I hope Welshy decides to play again and it is at ND. NOT ENTIRELY TRUE

Point 6 - I am only worried about my club you are the one who is sticking your nose into our business and making ill informed comments.TRUE

Point 7 - The recruitment of the player from ND has fallen through and we have moved on as there is no point in crying over spilt milk l just wish you would do the same.TRUE

;)

Point 1 - Yes you are correct we haven't had alot of success lately our last first eleven flag was 5 years ago.TRUE

Point 2 - Our intent was to recruit one disgruntled player from ND who had announced his retirement and we offered him a senior role within our club.NOT TRUE

Point 3 - Our recruiting has not been targeted at one club you will find we have picked players up for this season from district, sub district and the VTCA and no one to my knowledge from the Willy comp.AT THE START NOT TRUE

Point 4 - There wouldn't be a club in existance that hasn't recruited a player from another club.TRUE

Point 5 - Hasn't Welshy retired? I think the push to get Welshy out of retirement and come to us was from one of the ND players that was coming to West. l have known Welshy since he was 5 years old and had a casual chat with him and he informed me he had retired due to injury and l told him that if he had a change of mind and wanted to come to us he would be quite welcome. I WOULDN'T CALL THIS TRYING EXTREMELY HARD TO RECRUIT HIM. I hope Welshy decides to play again and it is at ND. NOT ENTIRELY TRUE

Point 6 - I am only worried about my club you are the one who is sticking your nose into our business and making ill informed comments.TRUE

Point 7 - The recruitment of the player from ND has fallen through and we have moved on as there is no point in crying over spilt milk l just wish you would do the same.TRUE

;)

Stump Cam;354012 said:
weapons,

numbers definately will field 3 sides 1 in the b-turf and another in the b-mats.......

new team will be in the one day comp i have a link with the footy club and have got 10 names so far who are playing and 4 or 5 retired players looking to have a hit and a giggle.......the goal is to have around about 15 - 20 players so every one doesnt have to play week in week out so things are looking good........numbers/memberships are the key here.......

deck.....turf company comming down next week to look at how we go about replacing the whole square......with my link again with the footy club they will be chipping in also i dunno if it will be 50-50 but certianly they will be putting $$$ in because it will benifit them also........im unsure of how it will go in the first year but definately will be good in the future.......

players......mmmmmm im not gonna say too much but obviously things will be different this season we will be fielding a 17's side so im looking at this bunch to get 2 or 3 of these kids in the side as i know of them having coached them in the jnr footy at deer park.......

the way i look at it the time d/p has been in b-turf they have been there abouts in terms of finals with the players they have got yes will be looking to play finals but im quite happy to go a little backwards to go f/wards in the future.........i cant see that happening though as i hate losing im a winner and will be looking to change the whole clubs veiw on medioca(if thats how you spell it) performances.......i have a 3 year deal to get the club into a-grade......pre-season they dont know what 1 is so i will find out who are fairdinkum and who isnt.......its gonna be a tough 1 and we will see how they handle it........

i will say 1 thing a definate change of attitude the way my club goes about buisness.......and having been involved in i would say the most successfull club in the subbies over the last ten years i know and have learnt what it takes to become a club at the top of its game.......starts with the commitee then the jnrs then the snrs and if every 1 is on the same page it makes for exciting times.........

cheers

Stump Cam;354012 said:
weapons,

numbers definately will field 3 sides 1 in the b-turf and another in the b-mats.......

new team will be in the one day comp i have a link with the footy club and have got 10 names so far who are playing and 4 or 5 retired players looking to have a hit and a giggle.......the goal is to have around about 15 - 20 players so every one doesnt have to play week in week out so things are looking good........numbers/memberships are the key here.......

deck.....turf company comming down next week to look at how we go about replacing the whole square......with my link again with the footy club they will be chipping in also i dunno if it will be 50-50 but certianly they will be putting $$$ in because it will benifit them also........im unsure of how it will go in the first year but definately will be good in the future.......

players......mmmmmm im not gonna say too much but obviously things will be different this season we will be fielding a 17's side so im looking at this bunch to get 2 or 3 of these kids in the side as i know of them having coached them in the jnr footy at deer park.......

the way i look at it the time d/p has been in b-turf they have been there abouts in terms of finals with the players they have got yes will be looking to play finals but im quite happy to go a little backwards to go f/wards in the future.........i cant see that happening though as i hate losing im a winner and will be looking to change the whole clubs veiw on medioca(if thats how you spell it) performances.......i have a 3 year deal to get the club into a-grade......pre-season they dont know what 1 is so i will find out who are fairdinkum and who isnt.......its gonna be a tough 1 and we will see how they handle it........

i will say 1 thing a definate change of attitude the way my club goes about buisness.......and having been involved in i would say the most successfull club in the subbies over the last ten years i know and have learnt what it takes to become a club at the top of its game.......starts with the commitee then the jnrs then the snrs and if every 1 is on the same page it makes for exciting times.........

cheers

so any word from the wyndham vale camp if they have kept their premiership side together???

so any word from the wyndham vale camp if they have kept their premiership side together???

hussler;354055 said:

;)

Hussler just to clear up a couple of comments you have made.

Point 2 - Your comments are completely wrong as at the start the player in question didn't want players following him as he did want to see ND gutted of players and l made a commitment to him that we would pursue anybody else from ND unless he wanted them at West.

Point 3 - Wrong again at the start your player wasn't even on our radar and we would have spoken to at least 6 players from clubs outside the Willy comp prior to talking to the ND player it just happened that l bumped into him at the A Turf grand final and was having a general chat when he mentioned he was retiring and was not happy with alot of things that were or more to the point were not happening at ND. From there we began discussions with him.

Point 5 - All the pressure on Welshy to come to West was made by the player who approached us to come back to West from ND it even got to the stage where l had to tell him to back off because it was getting out of hand and wasn't fair on Welshy. Of course if Welshy wanted to come to West for a change he would be quite welcome but at the end of the day l couldn't see him making the move after 20 odd years at ND hence why we did really chase him but he was made aware where he would fit into our structure if he wanted to come.

hussler;354055 said:

;)

Point 2 - Your comments are completely wrong as at the start the player in question didn't want players following him as he did want to see ND gutted of players and l made a commitment to him that we would pursue anybody else from ND unless he wanted them at West.

Point 3 - Wrong again at the start your player wasn't even on our radar and we would have spoken to at least 6 players from clubs outside the Willy comp prior to talking to the ND player it just happened that l bumped into him at the A Turf grand final and was having a general chat when he mentioned he was retiring and was not happy with alot of things that were or more to the point were not happening at ND. From there we began discussions with him.

Point 5 - All the pressure on Welshy to come to West was made by the player who approached us to come back to West from ND it even got to the stage where l had to tell him to back off because it was getting out of hand and wasn't fair on Welshy. Of course if Welshy wanted to come to West for a change he would be quite welcome but at the end of the day l couldn't see him making the move after 20 odd years at ND hence why we did really chase him but he was made aware where he would fit into our structure if he wanted to come.

West Riff Raff;354172 said:
hussler;354055 said:

I'm sure said ND player will be glad to hear that you have heaped all the blame onto him and that you have done nothing wrong...:rolleyes:

I'm With Hussler and Stumpy, not what I have heard!!

hussler;354055 said:

I'm sure said ND player will be glad to hear that you have heaped all the blame onto him and that you have done nothing wrong...:rolleyes:

straight;354185 said:

I am only stating the facts believe what you want to believe but l know l can sleep well at night.

straight;354185 said:

I am only stating the facts believe what you want to believe but l know l can sleep well at night.

West Riff Raff;354186 said:
straight;354185 said:

You keep telling yourself that rubbish!!!

EVERYONE knows what has gone on, people talk... Our comp is a pretty close nit community, don't think your club isn't on top of most conversations at the moment.....

Copping plenty from most I would imagine come round 1!!!:eek:

straight;354185 said:

EVERYONE knows what has gone on, people talk... Our comp is a pretty close nit community, don't think your club isn't on top of most conversations at the moment.....

Stump Cam;354191 said:

I know the facts because l was there were you? If you can't handle the truth don't ask me questions. If you want to believe all the rumours that circulate go for it but at the end of the day it is none of your business what we do. As far as copping plenty from other sides bring it on as l can ganrantee it will be like water off a ducks back to us.We are looking forward to round one and wouldn't it be great if we played your mob and you could show us your wares and maybe we will try and recruit you HAHAHA but l nearly forgot you are only a matting player so people tell me in the so called "close nit community".

Stump Cam;354191 said:

I know the facts because l was there were you? If you can't handle the truth don't ask me questions. If you want to believe all the rumours that circulate go for it but at the end of the day it is none of your business what we do. As far as copping plenty from other sides bring it on as l can ganrantee it will be like water off a ducks back to us.We are looking forward to round one and wouldn't it be great if we played your mob and you could show us your wares and maybe we will try and recruit you HAHAHA but l nearly forgot you are only a matting player so people tell me in the so called "close nit community".

straight;354185 said:

They poached and in the end they did not want to go. What happen with the youth you had. Why would you want to get older players?

straight;354185 said:

They poached and in the end they did not want to go. What happen with the youth you had. Why would you want to get older players?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back