Willy Comp 2011/2012

bit touchy down at the bottom of the ladder..........who knows next year in divvy 2 against melton,deer park,ana,hoppers club and who ever else plays down there,you might even be able to compete.........but titb doubts it............hahahahaha..........sorry i mean..........hohohohoho merry xmas
no posts lately from you ya sh!tman

holidays.......you west newport cheating scum probably cant afford them..............now im back so its time to start planning for our big 21st at the end of march...............see you there cheat..........

holidays.......you west newport cheating scum probably cant afford them..............now im back so its time to start planning for our big 21st at the end of march...............see you there cheat..........
you guys gonna make it?

titbs tips
g/brand v monkeyvale.........hard to pick a winner here as both sides are losers..........think monkeyvale might get up just

cookers v yesterdays heroes.........cookers might take it up to the older folk........but in the end yesterdays heroes should have them covered

colts v the great little family club..........colts for sure...........digman are going to second division...............................club in turmoil........

cheats v imps........imps to be far too strong for the cheats...........i hear will still not playing..........things are not going all that well down at loft..........the wheels are falling off.........while the imps are gearing up for a party...........

all the cheats seem to be missing........come on post something,dont be too ashamed of the fact we beat you by 100 runs in a one day game........yesterday was just confirmation of finishing in top spot..........cheats seem to have some major internal problems.........
will phillips cleared to the cabbies,.......come on matt tell us how YOU went about losing your best player........
PS:titbs tips....all correct again.....even tipped the outright last round...on fire.

all the cheats seem to be missing........come on post something,dont be too ashamed of the fact we beat you by 100 runs in a one day game........yesterday was just confirmation of finishing in top spot..........cheats seem to have some major internal problems.........
will phillips cleared to the cabbies,.......come on matt tell us how YOU went about losing your best player........
PS:titbs tips....all correct again.....even tipped the outright last round...on fire.
January superstars.. well done

titbs tips
cheats v the great little family club ..........cheats should win but without will and trouble in the camp i tip an upset here digman to win ........

yesterdays heroes v monkeyvale .......old folk to win again........i notice trent did not bowl last week....the rest cant bowl..............grand seem to be going alright.....i did pick them as challengers

cabbies v cookers.................... not sure here but i think the cabbies might win because of home grond advantage.............who cares both sides are no good

g/brand v imps ........please....... must i explain...........were simply too good.........................and loving it........

Been a while since my last post..
Looks like the imps juggernaut is rolling on nicely! with remaining games v Digman, colts and Point cook twice you would expect Imps to finish comfortably on top and HOT favourites for the flag!
We are looking a better side now, but still alot of work to do before finals, but we have to play west twice so those games will determine who gets the home semi one would think!
The battle for fourth is on.. Colts are there now, but u would expect the only challenge can come from Vales who play each other next week so HUGE game!
After playing two one dayers to start they year, i begin to wonder how far we may be off before its becomes all one dayers? just a thought! may become a better standard as its an attactive proposition to the older type players, and other players who just cant commit each week..
good luck to all as finals fast approach!
If anyone is interested - GU sportsmans day on FEB 5th at GU - Rodney Hogg, Neil Balme, Heath Shaw and of course KEKA..
Maybe even gust appearnace from Matt Frew!

I spent the day at Digman Reserve watching Gellibrand v Williamstown Imps in the A Turf.
Gellibrand won the toss and sent the Imps in on greenish pitch. Covers were left on the pitch until midday on Saturday due to showers in the morning.
Imps made a steady a start with openers Daniel Slattery & Duncan Benn patiently getting through the new ball.
Benn stepped up the tempo after the 8th over and scored fairly freely. D Slattery was dismissed for 17 & the opening partnership was 65.
Benn eventually made an solid 54 runs and then Ryan Hinton joined Kristian Stebbing at the crease, Both these guys batted well for 36 & 42 runs respectively.
Captain Robson made a quick fire 28 runs. Imps were 4-193 with 7 overs to go but Gellibrand to their credit restricted the Imps to 9-212 off 40 overs.
Gellibrand started poorly losing 2-14 with Weston & Nick Keating being dismissed by Imps opening bowler Paul Hudson.
Gellibrand then rebuilt things. Cavarra & Sharma batted exceptionally well and their partnership was looking at troubling the Imps.
Sharma played some extraordinary classy shots and with some brutal power too. Sharma was caught on the boundary by Brendan Slattery off Luke Hudson's bowling for 53.
Rohan Hilson was introduced into the attack with almost immediate success taking Cavarra's wicket. It would the first of 4 wickets for Hilson who bowled magnificently taking 4-22 off 8 overs.
Mick Keating for Gellibrand also had a good knock chalking up 46 runs.
Gellibrand in the end made 8/185 off 40, losing by 27 runs, but were very competitive and that's great signs for them, considering some of their results pre X-mas.
From the Imps perspective it was pleasing to see the continued good form of Duncan Benn and the likes of Rhino & Stebbo get some runs.
Also our 2 best performers with the ball for the seaon in Alsop & Robson only shared 1 wicket between them.
Great to be on top of the ladder now, but we're fully aware flags aren't won in January and heaps of tough cricket is ahead off us.
Back to 2 day cricket this round.

I spent the day at Digman Reserve watching Gellibrand v Williamstown Imps in the A Turf.
Gellibrand won the toss and sent the Imps in on greenish pitch. Covers were left on the pitch until midday on Saturday due to showers in the morning.
Imps made a steady a start with openers Daniel Slattery & Duncan Benn patiently getting through the new ball.
Benn stepped up the tempo after the 8th over and scored fairly freely. D Slattery was dismissed for 17 & the opening partnership was 65.
Benn eventually made an solid 54 runs and then Ryan Hinton joined Kristian Stebbing at the crease, Both these guys batted well for 36 & 42 runs respectively.
Captain Robson made a quick fire 28 runs. Imps were 4-193 with 7 overs to go but Gellibrand to their credit restricted the Imps to 9-212 off 40 overs.
Gellibrand started poorly losing 2-14 with Weston & Nick Keating being dismissed by Imps opening bowler Paul Hudson.
Gellibrand then rebuilt things. Cavarra & Sharma batted exceptionally well and their partnership was looking at troubling the Imps.
Sharma played some extraordinary classy shots and with some brutal power too. Sharma was caught on the boundary by Brendan Slattery off Luke Hudson's bowling for 53.
Rohan Hilson was introduced into the attack with almost immediate success taking Cavarra's wicket. It would the first of 4 wickets for Hilson who bowled magnificently taking 4-22 off 8 overs.
Gellibrand in the end made 8/185 off 40, losing by 27 runs, but were very competitive and that's great signs for them, considering some of their results pre X-mas.
From the Imps perspective it was pleasing to see the continued good form of Duncan Benn and the likes of Rhino & Stebbo get some runs.
Also our 2 best performers with the ball for the seaon in Alsop & Robson only shared 1 wicket between them.
Great to be on top of the ladder now, but we're fully aware flags aren't won in January and heaps of tough cricket is ahead off us.

good summary Hats... showing the signs of a good side when you can fight off any challenge!! 10 points clear on top, u guys will take some beating this year!! how long has it been since imps were flag favoruites?? i reckon it would have been when Dean Chambo was the gun bat at imps??

Dont go giving us the old "we're keeping a lid on things" line, when yous are down the stags pullin each other off every saturday night..............i will never play cricket again if you shit trucks win the flag:D

Dont go giving us the old "we're keeping a lid on things" line, when yous are down the stags pullin each other off every saturday night..............i will never play cricket again if you shit trucks win the flag:D
in that case this will be your last season,a memorable one too ........hahahahaha
but you will be sadly missed by the cricketing fraternity..........
THE STAGS HEAD best pub around................just a plug for our sponsor.

Aren't you just about retired anyways ;)

Seeya at the Stags Saturday night to give me some nice relief :eek:

Newport Digmans first win of the year coming up :D watch this space ;)
don't know about that but you did push the cheats,and almost gave old titb another four.........but i suspect that it was that close it would be a major concern to the cheats..................as for your first win this week.......the toss doesn't count...........anyways good to see you back cheekyman......

don't know about that but you did push the cheats,and almost gave old titb another four.........but i suspect that it was that close it would be a major concern to the cheats..................as for your first win this week.......the toss doesn't count...........anyways good to see you back cheekyman......

Wasnt saying this week or next or next year. Just saying its coming up :D

Like i said in a few posts beforehand when we played west. We would never have been beaten outright had our experienced players all played. Not being cocky or saying we would have won, just saying once again experience actually does play a big part in any form of cricket, let alone sport ;) In saying that i feel a few decisions didnt go our way, as you know they can change a game in an instant. Just saying I (meaning me and not speaking for the team) felt as though we had alot of 50/50's not go our way. In one case it wasnt a 50/50. :eek:

Anyway BADLUCK for the weekend and i'll see ya there ;)

Wasnt saying this week or next or next year. Just saying its coming up :D

Like i said in a few posts beforehand when we played west. We would never have been beaten outright had our experienced players all played. Not being cocky or saying we would have won, just saying once again experience actually does play a big part in any form of cricket, let alone sport ;) In saying that i feel a few decisions didnt go our way, as you know they can change a game in an instant. Just saying I (meaning me and not speaking for the team) felt as though we had alot of 50/50's not go our way. In one case it wasnt a 50/50. :eek:

Anyway BADLUCK for the weekend and i'll see ya there ;)
jimmy hendrixxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

titbs tips
imps v the great little family club............tglfc are are up and about after being competive with the cheats ........but this is a 2 day game and we will win easily........sorry cheekyman
monkeyvale v the cabbies......not sure here cabbies seem to bowl allright .............monkeys seem to do nothing allright...........dont know why but i think monkeyvale with home ground advantage........and history of wetting wicket on the second week just might win
g/brand v cheats.......cheats to win.........but it will only cover up some deep internal problems.....ie.wheres will
yesterdays heroes v the cookers.......wont surprise me here if the older folk push for 10 points.....but you never know with the cookers...........grand to win first innings..........while pushing for second innings.............

are yesterdays heroes gone............beaten by point cook..........heat and age must have caught up with them today....................here comes 21 yes thats right 21

Back