Willy Comp 2011/2012

are yesterdays heroes gone............beaten by point cook..........heat and age must have caught up with them today....................here comes 21 yes thats right 21

I had the pleasure of going down to the fearon on a beautiful day to watch our boys try & chase down a big total on what normally is a great pitch to bat on. To my displeasure the pitch was a greentop (WTF??).

Blokes got wet feet when they looked at the track before the warm up & when the openers mark centre before the start of play they dont expect half the pitch to crumble with it, Piss weak!!!!!!

So in summary the top team playing against the bottom team needed the pitch to favour their bowlers after making 337, back yourselves you wimps...................what a disgrace!!!

Adding to that, at one stage we were 4/74 off 33overs & there was a 3rd man & a fielder on the cover boundary, oh please grow some balls you weak pricks FFS!!!!!!!!!

The pitch that was used for their 20/20 game on thursday was white & the one we were playing on was green, go figure??

IF they(wimps) make the grand final they will struggle to get wickets with their pedestrian attack on a road!!

Anyway well done to our boys who got 180 on a dodgy deck & well done to the CHEATS who prepared it:mad:

end of rant.......:p

Hmmm, Hussler the Bulls blokes who played reckon the pitch didn't have enough water in it, so how was it a green top.

The fact is the pitch was being used for the 4th Saturday and probably wasn't the usual road to bat on.

Granted the pitch wasn't perfect, but that's turf cricket & was hardly the catalyst for the Bulls loss.

To think Brendan Slattery jagged 2 wickets might reflect the standard of batting, hey Checkerman ;)

Rohan Hilson claimed his first 5 wicket haul for the club.

Hmmm, Hussler the Bulls blokes who played reckon the pitch didn't have enough water in it, so how was it a green top.

The fact is the pitch was being used for the 4th Saturday and probably wasn't the usual road to bat on.

Granted the pitch wasn't perfect, but that's turf cricket & was hardly the catalyst for the Bulls loss.

To think Brendan Slattery jagged 2 wickets might reflect the standard of batting, hey Checkerman ;)

Rohan Hilson claimed his first 5 wicket haul for the club.

If your 300+ bowling to t he bottom side why would you have a 3rd man and sweeper? If they were as gooda bowling attack as they think they are why not have some attacking fields set rather than defending? Sounds a little soft

If your 300+ bowling to t he bottom side why would you have a 3rd man and sweeper? If they were as gooda bowling attack as they think they are why not have some attacking fields set rather than defending? Sounds a little soft

Hang on we had 2 blokes out of 9 not in attacking positions, the rest were. We had a 3rd man instead of a fine leg.

The point sweeper position is used my many teams these days. Even Michael Clarke with the Aussies 420 ahead of India had a sweeper.

Hang on we had 2 blokes out of 9 not in attacking positions, the rest were. We had a 3rd man instead of a fine leg.

The point sweeper position is used my many teams these days. Even Michael Clarke with the Aussies 420 ahead of India had a sweeper.

There was both when I was there.....& the sweeper thing was a joke @ 4/74, yous still had 260 in the bank?????

I left when we were 8 fa & brendan hadnt bowled so he mustve got the last 2 bowlers out??

haha fair difference between the australian test team and the wimps mate, get a grip

How those January premiership medals danglin? Have a mid year presentation night?

WTF ??? I have never said we're flag favorites.

At this stage all we know is that is our A Turf team will play finals.

It's a whole new season when that happens.

We still haven't played Point Cook yet who are obviously going alright at the moment.

We've got Colts away this game & that will be challenging especially with Will Phillips there now.

We still haven't played Point Cook yet who are obviously going alright at the moment.

We've got Colts away this game & that will be challenging especially with Will Phillips there now.
Cumon mate don't play it down now. Every one knows wimps are sprookin. Well done to the January guns. Hopefully that's gets you a special mention at the comp presentation

Hey Hats, the undefeated Imps are red hot favourites lets be honest! but i have to ask, what has been the difference this year? other than your young english import, its pretty much the same side youve had for years... based on that, you would expect a few bad performances are only around the corner..
Also, given the pressure of finishing top two and hosting a semi, its likely you will face 'GU' in the semi..(should we creep in) weve been patchy this year, and yes we are old, and yes we are slow, and yes we were heroes yesterday, but we will be a dangerous side to get in a semi, particulary given imps havent won a final since Dean Chamberlain was playing!! so the pressure will be on given the expectations.
Good luck though - and your right, Fearon is a GREAT place to sit back and have a beer and watch the cricket amongst a few other things...

Hey Hats, the undefeated Imps are red hot favourites lets be honest! but i have to ask, what has been the difference this year? other than your young english import, its pretty much the same side youve had for years... based on that, you would expect a few bad performances are only around the corner..
Also, given the pressure of finishing top two and hosting a semi, its likely you will face 'GU' in the semi..(should we creep in) weve been patchy this year, and yes we are old, and yes we are slow, and yes we were heroes yesterday, but we will be a dangerous side to get in a semi, particulary given imps havent won a final since Dean Chamberlain was playing!! so the pressure will be on given the expectations.
Good luck though - and your right, Fearon is a GREAT place to sit back and have a beer and watch the cricket amongst a few other things...

The Pom has been a valuable acquisition in all facets of the game. Great competitor.

Other than Alsop we've injected another 6-7 capable of playing A Turf.

Not superstar crickerers, but they understand their role each game.

A new club coach, captain & fitness/fielding coach have given the group a clear focus too.

With the added depth, pressure is on to perform & we haven't dropped games that we should win like we've done in the past.
We are now not relying on Ryan Hinton to score a ton or Glen Robson to post a big score to win now. Newport-Digman are massively depleted with retirements but we managed 8-337 off 72 overs without Ryno playing.

Our guys still have enormous respect for GU given your long standing era of consistency & success.

I don't profess to the yesterdays heroes tag at all.

Charm, Sullivan & Chugg are all good bowlers, Dury is still a gun. Hinge is an emerging talent. Also a couple of wise old foxes bat deep too, meaning even if you have GU 6 for ?, its still not all over

I agree it will be interesting to see how our blokes cope playing in a cut throat semi, but that's still a month away.

HMMMM, First over of the day......a four is hit to cow corner, what happens next you ask? Yes a fielder is put on the boundary. Bhahahaha please. Top place playing bottom place, I wont mention names but one of IMPS's regular players said to me that they were a tad worried, thinking we might have got the runs. In saying that if we had the same wicket as the week before it would of been a shoe in. Yes a shoe in. Very ordinary attack to be honest. You dont have a bloke bowling rat pace (as i do) ;) bowling half volleys and the keeper taking them above his head REGULARY mind you, and thinking its acceptable to bat on.
Might sound like sour grapes but it isnt, im just stating the facts thats all. And im sure only IMPS players or supporters would disagree. But there was a non biased supporter who did agree with myself, go figure :D

Hats......as for slats getting no9 and 11 out, do you think he will get a bowl next week???? :eek: Even he knows he wont.
Goodluck anyway boys but my tip is gona be West NPT.
PS- And another tip, i'll be PARO watchin :D

Back