Woodworm Pioneer Pads and Gloves - Is cheap charming?

Timed Out

Woodworm Pioneer Pads and Gloves - Is cheap charming?

Woodworm Pioneer Pads and Gloves
Just because it cheap does it mean its bad quality?

A while back i decided a needed to completely rekit myself with new pads and gloves. So i did the thing everyone does, search around the net looking for the best deals and the most aesthetically pleasing products. This rekitting process was on the back of the 2005 Ashes victory and KP had guided the side home so i decided woodworm was the gear for me.

25.jpg

I ordered all my gear from www.cricketdirect.com and found the whole expirience very satisfying. The gloves were for right handers. After 2 seasons playing with the gear ive found the gloves very good. The elastic used on the gloves to keep them on is very reliable and durable. The glove itself i felt was very well padded and only the really quick balls onto the gloves hurt.They are flexible gloves that move with the hand nicely however im sure if you forked out £60 on a pair of gloves they'd feel just like using your hands but with padding. One aspect however that did let down the gloves in my opinion was the lack of real ventilation, they tend to get very hot inside but still they do they job.

7/10

nat1043458.jpg

Now onto the pads, They came nicely package in a large plastic seethrough back with a draw string. The pads themselves look nice on the front side by on the back you can tell they were the cheapest range as there was a bit of lose material and it wasnt too aesthetically pleasing. However after all they are there to prevent you from breaking your shins and so far my shins are still intact and in perfect working order, so i cant fault them really. When the ball hits the pad you cant really feel and they are nice to run with. The only time i can think of expiriencing any pain with these pads was when some glass went in there and i went to sweep, which ended up leaving me with blooded pads.

8/10

Overall i give the Woodworm Pioneer Range 7.5/10

Back